Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptyToday at 6:36 pm by grail

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
The adventurous theories of Durianrider EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The adventurous theories of Durianrider

5 posters

Go down

The adventurous theories of Durianrider Empty The adventurous theories of Durianrider

Post  Misirlou Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:18 am

So, a few of you have probably heard about this guy and his fruitarian approach, hyping fruits (carbs) and dissing fats (even avocados). Most people would probably call his diet insane, but he seems to have high energy (and great hair).

So, could be please discuss the theories of this man and why or why not, they are correct.

Just put in the name "Durianrider" @youtube in order to find his work.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

The adventurous theories of Durianrider Empty Re: The adventurous theories of Durianrider

Post  ppm Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:42 am

It works (possibly) for him, but there are many for whome eat-as-much-fruit-as-you-want does not work so well--they gain lots of fat or have other issues, like intestinal issues, bad cholesterol etc.

ppm

Back to top Go down

The adventurous theories of Durianrider Empty Re: The adventurous theories of Durianrider

Post  crincrin Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:43 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it works well for some people, but take a look at this post.

http://freetheanimal.com/2011/04/a-100-raw-vegan-success-story.html

Scroll down to the pictures if you don't want to read.

Last edited by crincrin on Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:43 am

From what I can tell, this guy more or less only eat fruits?
Even though they work out?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:54 am

The diet is termed "low fat raw vegan", and most of the people follow a macro-nutrient ratio of >80% cho, <10% protein and <10% fat, invented by some-sort-of-doctor Doug Graham, who is a Natural Hygienist (pseudo science).

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:00 am

Well, crincrin..check out that guy today:
http://api.ning.com/files/bNJxZ1PiUWQminfW4UIG6XUr5s73edtfwmRokNPHhitTaWsmKWWRzFzQjCA044efUjWNBRv7ZBCPwpXLf43w0N5AFXVk7d5b/6610_1189434342290_1421280348_30526208_3468343_n.jpg

ppm - why on earth would you call natural hygienism pseudo science?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:19 am

NH -> an "alternative medical philosophy" (<- there you have it)

[Possibly including the idea of vitalism. Vitalism, as defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, is:
a doctrine that the functions of a living organism are due to a vital principle distinct from biochemical reactions
a doctrine that the processes of life are not explicable by the laws of physics and chemistry alone and that life is in some part self-determining]

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:25 am

So, what are durianrider's philosophies, regards diet? That you can consume any amount of calories (from fruit) without getting fat, at least longterm. This is already falsificated through example.
And, second, that you have to "eat more" (carbs) "to live more". Well, yes, some sort. Sure, if you eat too little, you might not feel so energised..

Last edited by ppm on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:26 am

Here's the rest of the update

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/don-t-ever-let-anybody-tell-you-that-you-can-t-do-something?xg_source=activity

Looks like he leaned up. Hard to tell, but IMO it still looks like he's at a higher bodyfat compared to the first picture.

Also it looks like he was hypothyroid at one point. I'm still trying to make sense of the timeline.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:32 am

@crincrin

If you read the text, he has abandoned the "fruit-only" lifestyle and now consumes some other things, quantities unknown.

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:46 am

I cannot believe his fruit intake has lowered that much.

Ol' Doggie seems to be pretty fit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzk-jh1eemI&feature=player_embedded

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:27 am

Yes, Doug is fit, no doubts.
However, Durianrider's philosophy and Doug's differ: Durianrider propagates "high calorie" (mainly bananas and dates, greens irrelevant), while Doug recommends "adequate calorie", with certain amount of greens "mandatory"--certainly a more reasonable approach imo.
Also, Durianrider at his HQ-Site, 30bananasaday, applies heavy censorship and bans people who do not agree to the "high calorie at all cost"-doctrine and other stuff that they "do not recommend" (aka forbid). So what is left there are some freaks and newbies who are clueless. I have encountered only one somewhat educated member there.. A sound idea never depends on censorship..

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:40 am

I'm reading the Steve Jobs biography right now and apparently the guy was a big vegan and/or fruitarian for most of his life, organic too. When he died of cancer at 56 he had lost a lot of hair and was showing plenty of gray. His partner, Steve Wozniak, on the other hand was 4 years older and ate the typical programmer's diet of fast food and tv dinners and he's still alive with a full head of hair, even though he's a fat bastard. Wink

Not exactly a feather in the cap of anti-animal protein folks. Of course genetics are at work too, but still.

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:43 am

Both sides uses censorship frequently IMO.

I have no intention taking defending any side, but when it comes to all these Internet photos of young fit guys following the Durianrider diet plan...I just get the feeling that they would thrive just as much on a diet based on whey and beef, at least in that age!

A lot of top notch docs are heavily recommending limited intakes of fructose, but I somehow feel that we shouldn't be too afraid of fruits and veggies...all these different diets makes me confused, perhaps the key is not diet as much as it is exercise.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:44 am

sdguy wrote:I'm reading the Steve Jobs biography right now and apparently the guy was a big vegan and/or fruitarian for most of his life, organic too. When he died of cancer at 56 he had lost a lot of hair and was showing plenty of gray. His partner, Steve Wozniak, on the other hand was 4 years older and ate the typical programmer's diet of fast food and tv dinners and he's still alive with a full head of hair, even though he's a fat bastard. Wink

Not exactly a feather in the cap of anti-animal protein folks. Of course genetics are at work too, but still.
http://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2011nl/nov/jobs.htm

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:28 am

Dr. Graham
"Graham "The more fat in your diet, the less effective insulin is at getting sugar out of the blood stream"

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:34 pm

Misirlou wrote:Both sides uses censorship frequently IMO.

I have no intention taking defending any side, but when it comes to all these Internet photos of young fit guys following the Durianrider diet plan...I just get the feeling that they would thrive just as much on a diet based on whey and beef, at least in that age!

A lot of top notch docs are heavily recommending limited intakes of fructose, but I somehow feel that we shouldn't be too afraid of fruits and veggies...all these different diets makes me confused, perhaps the key is not diet as much as it is exercise.

Everyone I have seen on that site looks anorexic.

Durian is as bad as most paleo guys with regards to diet advice.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:44 pm

People would also do themselves some favours by reading what real nutritional scientists have to say instead of clueless bloggers.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:41 am

abc123 wrote:People would also do themselves some favours by reading what real nutritional scientists have to say instead of clueless bloggers.

I was wait for you to show up Wink

My problem is that since a lot of mainstream science is unreliable, I do not know what to believe. When do I know I've hit gold? Most informations are very conflicting and these bloggers are very convincing cyclops

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Misirlou wrote:
abc123 wrote:People would also do themselves some favours by reading what real nutritional scientists have to say instead of clueless bloggers.

I was wait for you to show up Wink

My problem is that since a lot of mainstream science is unreliable, I do not know what to believe. When do I know I've hit gold? Most informations are very conflicting and these bloggers are very convincing cyclops

Wink

Finding good blogs is tough. You have to keep reading and keep open minded to see who has the best arguments.

http://raypeat.com
http://weightology.net/
http://carbsanity.blogspot.com/
http://alanaragon.com/
http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/
http://anthonycolpo.com/

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:36 am

Thanks abc123, I will check em out alien

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down