Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread

5 posters

Go down

Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread Empty Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread

Post  australian Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:03 pm

Do you guys think that different styles of hair loss are caused by different things? If you've got some theories or information then post it in here. I'd really like to see what everyone thinks.

Here are a few examples of the 'different styles of hair loss':
- Typical NW pattern, in which a man goes through the whole scale and ends up at 7
- NW pattern which ends at a 2 or 3 in the late 20s and then dramatically slows down/almost completely stops until much later in life
- Thinning all over the top of the scalp in a NW 6/7 pattern
- etc... I can't think of many more

I think that hair loss on the temples generally happens because of the 'mainstream' theories of hair loss (DHT sensitivity, imbalance of PGD2/PGE2), but other patterns of hair loss like a thinning crown/thin all over generally happen as a result of other issues not related to DHT sensitivity. Issues such as insulin resistance/sensitivity, thyroid problems, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, testosterone/estrogen imbalance, all of which are linked and exasperated by the modern diet and lifestyle.

This would explain why many men get to NW 2/3 in their 20s, then hair loss slows/stops as DHT naturally declines. Then, in their 40s/50s they progress down the NW scale as other issues come into place.
australian
australian

Back to top Go down

Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread Empty Re: Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:58 pm

australian wrote:Do you guys think that different styles of hair loss are caused by different things? If you've got some theories or information then post it in here. I'd really like to see what everyone thinks.

Here are a few examples of the 'different styles of hair loss':
- Typical NW pattern, in which a man goes through the whole scale and ends up at 7
- NW pattern which ends at a 2 or 3 in the late 20s and then dramatically slows down/almost completely stops until much later in life
- Thinning all over the top of the scalp in a NW 6/7 pattern
- etc... I can't think of many more

I think that hair loss on the temples generally happens because of the 'mainstream' theories of hair loss (DHT sensitivity, imbalance of PGD2/PGE2), but other patterns of hair loss like a thinning crown/thin all over generally happen as a result of other issues not related to DHT sensitivity. Issues such as insulin resistance/sensitivity, thyroid problems, vitamin/mineral deficiencies, testosterone/estrogen imbalance, all of which are linked and exasperated by the modern diet and lifestyle.

This would explain why many men get to NW 2/3 in their 20s, then hair loss slows/stops as DHT naturally declines. Then, in their 40s/50s they progress down the NW scale as other issues come into place.

I'd say a tight scalp has a lot to do with it, maybe some people have their eyebrows constantly contracted, or some other muscle around their head. I had my eyebrows fully raised in public all the time to look friendly, that stopped now.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread Empty Re: Theories on the different patterns of MPB - Discussion thread

Post  rofl Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:09 pm

if it was to caused by contracting muscles, or eyebrows always raised or tight scalp etc, then it would happen at the same rate in females.
rofl
rofl

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:29 pm

It's a 2-part process (within the discussion of AGA) - Androgen receptors themselves can create inflammation when persistent toxins exist. The medical term is androgen receptor-mediated toxicity. In young men, this can cause lowered SHBG, which in turn increases free-testosterone. 

However, beyond the mid-20's the problem comes more mitochondrial in nature (premature senescence)

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:29 am

My pattern is the crown is gone except for the little swirl on the back (forgot what it is called) The has been thinning for years, but has more hair then the crown. and in the front my windows peak is a inch and a half length and width patch of a full head of hair lol. My little tropical island. Hasn't lost hair at all.....wonder how that works

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down