Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets?

4 posters

Go down

are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? Empty are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets?

Post  Balthier Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:54 am

just wondering if I eat good sources of magnesium everyday is that better or the same as taking a supplement are food forms absorbed just as well if not better?

Balthier

Back to top Go down

are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? Empty Re: are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets?

Post  ubraj Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:22 am

Food is always better but most food is low in magnesium. L form bacteria also use magnesium for their reproduction before you get a chance to use it complicating things as well.

I personally go with magnesium malate for supplementation. I also keep some magnesium chloride for emergencies as well and would recommend everyone to as well... used for heart conditions, etc..

ubraj

Back to top Go down

are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets? Empty Re: are food forms of magnesium superior to supplemets?

Post  Delphine Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:41 am

I rely on foods myself. This is a link to a page about how to eat enough magnesium, part of a whole online book about the mineral:
http://www.mgwater.com/rod09.shtml

Another page listing the ten top dietary magnesium sources. Cocoa is on the list! Very Happy
http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-magnesium.php
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  ppm Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:06 am

No use in listing sources "rich" in Mg. The question rather is what sources carry bio-available Mg.
Because what you see is not what you get, i.e. foods rich in chelating agents, like phytic acid (grains, beans etc), oxalic acid (spinach, cocoa) may not be as good sources as they seem on first glance.

ppm

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:57 am

Phytic acid concerns is one reason I don't eat much of nuts. However, re chocolate, it seems the fermentation and roasting of most chocolate would break down the phytic acid.

I don't concern myself much with oxalic acid since the amounts of oxalic foods commonly eaten are quite small. Who lives on spinach?
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:50 pm

You inspired me to do some searching today, this is interesting:

http://www.professorshouse.com/Food-Beverage/Beverages/Cold-Drinks/Articles/Chocolate-Milk/

excerpt:

Chocolate milk contains oxalic acid, which initially lead researchers to believe that the calcium in chocolate milk would not be readily absorbed by the body. As it turns out, the oxalic acid will bind with calcium and prevent absorption, but it is present in such small amounts that the effects are negligible; enough calcium is free for the body to absorb it. The focus now is on the replenishing effects of chocolate milk for hard core athletes. A study done in 2006 examined nine male cyclists who rode a certain distance, stopped to break, then rode again until completely exhausted. During the break, some were given Gatorade, some Endurox (a sports drink containing electrolytes, carbohydrates, and protein), and some were given low fat chocolate milk. The cyclists who drank the chocolate milk biked 50% farther than the cyclists who drank Endurox, and the same distance as those that consumed Gatorade. Though Endurox has the same carbohydrate to protein ratio as chocolate milk (and costs at least twice as much!), it did not offer the same nourishment for the athletes, possibly because of a different sugar composition.

I make hot chocolate using Dagoba cocoa powder with xylitol for sweetening. Usually in a mixture of help milk and raw milk. Yum! Very Happy

Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down