Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Cancer Prevention EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Cancer Prevention EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Cancer Prevention EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Cancer Prevention EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Cancer Prevention EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Cancer Prevention EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Cancer Prevention EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Cancer Prevention EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Cancer Prevention EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Cancer Prevention

4 posters

Go down

Cancer Prevention Empty Cancer Prevention

Post  Raxe Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:34 am

I know this is a hairloss forum, but I've seen some topics on cancer, and I think some of you may be able to help....On a side note i've been on the IH regimen for 4 days and so far so good!

Anyway, my mom who is 63 years old has the BRAC1 gene mutation. For those of you unaware, when you have this mutation, you have about an 87% chance of getting breast cancer over the course of your lifetime and a 45% chance of getting ovarian cancer. It increases the risk of getting other cancers(sometimes rare cancers) as well. My mom had breast cancer last year and that is when they did the genetic testing. The tumor was luckily small, she got it removed, went through a small cycle of chemo and subsequently had a double mastectomy and her ovaries removed. She is cancer free as of now.

I have tried putting her on a very healthy diet, because her first line of defense against other kinds of rare cancers I believe will be boosting her immune response.

Anyway, my question is, what kind of supplements could she take that would be beneficial anti cancer type stuff. She obviously doesnt need a "cure", she needs a shield -

Any help would be great, thanks!

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Cancer Prevention Empty Re: Cancer Prevention

Post  scottyc33 Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:28 am

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:46 am

I've also read from many different sources that an alkaline diet can prevent cancer - generally the pitch is that cancer can only survive and proliferate in an acidic environment.

Maybe check out this site:

http://www.phmiracleliving.com/

Interested to hear others opinion on this.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxe Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:27 am

Yeah, I've read that thread, more specifically I want to know what supplements I should order for her, or if IH or another knows of a good regimen to put her on.

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:52 am

Well I think a high quality green drink (Vitamineral, Boku, etc) would be a good idea since in addition to being very nutritious they are also very alkalizing.

I drink 'em every day Smile.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Raxe - The easiest way to prevent Breast and Ovarian cancers is to reduce the toxic estrogen metabolites.

Lugol's solution (two drops per day). Iodine prevents estrogen mitigated cellular proliferation.

Bio-DIM. This patented form of DIM or Diindolylmethane is better absorbed than regular DIM.
It helps reverse the body's ratio of carcinogenic estrogens to anti-carninogenic estrogens.

High dose Vitamin D (5,000 IU per day).

These three things should do it.

Other considerations are to be watchful of any anti-biotic use. This increases cancer risk significantly.
Probiotics will help buffer these if they are taken.

Progesterone cream (natural) is one other way to combat the estrogen, but the mentioned three above are enough to do the job.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxe Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:32 pm

yeah, the thing is though IH, her cancers were estrogen receptor NEGATIVE, meaning they were not the common form of breast cancer. Since shes had those tissues removed, im not concerned with preventing those types of cancers, but more so all other kinds.

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Raxe - Okay, thanks for the clarification. In that case she'll want to take generous amounts of Sulforaphane.

Sulforaphane is promising as a preventative and treatment of many cancers, including the presence of the BRCA1 gene. I included a reference to this at the bottom.

Most products that contain Sulforaphane do not have much, but there is one exception: Jarrow's BroccoMax has a whopping 30 milligrams of Sulforaphane. I've only seen a very expensive professional product match its potency. Everything else is in the micrograms and pales in comparison.

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=4297&at=0

Oncol Rep. 2005 Apr;13(4):659-65.
Inhibition of cell cycle and induction of apoptosis by sulforaphane in cell lines carrying various inherited BRCA1 mutations.
Misiewicz I, Kozar A, Skupinska K, Kowalska E, Lubinski J, Kasprzycka-Guttman T.

Confocal Microscopy Laboratory, National Institute of Public Health, Chelmska 30/34, 00-725 Warsaw, Poland.

The important aspect of sulforaphane (SFN) chemopreventive activity is its ability to induce cell growth inhibition and apoptosis. In this study, the effect of SFN on lymphoblastoid cells derived from people carrying four different germ-line mutations in BRCA1 gene was tested and compared to the effect of SFN on wild-type cells. The mutations studied were C61G, 3819del5, 4153delA and 5382INSC. Changes in cell viability and density after SFN treatment were evaluated, as well as cell cycle progression, changes in mitochondrial membrane potential, and phosphatidylserine externalization. SFN was shown to reduce cell viability and density in all cell lines tested. Cell cycle block in S-phase and the occurence of simultaneous apoptosis were observed. The concentration of SFN needed to elicit a comparable effect on each cell line was varied. We found that the effect of SFN on cells carrying different inherited mutations depended on mutation type.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Raxe- I hope all goes well for your mother.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxe Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 am

IH, I dont mean to be a pest, but I don't exactly understand the language in that study. If you have the time and could put it into plainer english that would be helpful - no big rush though, as I know you spend a lot of time on these foruums helping people. Thank you again though!

Thanks chapat!

Raxe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:14 am

Raxe - The study confirms that sulforaphane is effective on inhibiting the growth of malignant cells and increasing cancer cell death on all the mutations studied in the BRCA1 gene. Ultimately it said that the dose of sulforaphane required to elicit success in each mutation was varied.

In short, it is saying that Sulforaphane is effective against cancers associated in BRCA1gene on the mutations tested.
Keep in mind that there are a lot of studies showing potent anti-cancer abilities with Sulforaphane, this is just one that focuses on its effects for gene carriers of BRCA1.

That said, taking this regularly would give some peace of mind.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down