Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptyTue May 14, 2024 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Alzheimer's prevention supps EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Alzheimer's prevention supps

3 posters

Go down

Alzheimer's prevention supps Empty Alzheimer's prevention supps

Post  hadrion Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:37 pm

IH,

My mom is turning 68 this year and she has no major health issues other than she needs to lose some weight.

Her Mom had Alzheimer's and it was pretty awful. I'm wondering what kind of supps should I get my Mom on to try to prevent any incident of it occurring in her as she ages from here on out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Alzheimer's prevention supps Empty Re: Alzheimer's prevention supps

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:06 pm

hadrion - If she were to take 10 milligrams of Lithium Orotate each day and a 1,000 mg of Krill oil, that will cover it. For additional insurance, 500 mg of Magnesium would be a nice bonus.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Thanks IH. I don't know how I'm going to convince her to take Lithium Orotate, but the Krill oil is easy enough.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:36 pm

hadrion - That makes sense, Lithium is a tough sell, but I'd be happy to provide plenty of proof. Just this year (or was it last year, don't remember) Lithium was found to completely stop the progression of Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as Lou Gehrig's Disease. That was quite an amazing find--although prior to that I had told several care takers of ALS patients to put them on it--I'm glad I did!

Anyway, Lithium breaks down the plaques.

Magnesium would be a much easier sell, so might as well go with that.

If I dug deep enough I could probably make a good case for Magnesium as well. Alzheimer's is now being called "Diabetes type 3," but really it's a form of insulin resistance with respect to the brain.

Here's the latest study on Magnesium relative to Alzheimer's:

Gerontology. 2007;53(6):419-22.
Serum magnesium level and clinical deterioration in Alzheimer's disease.

BACKGROUND: Recent studies suggest that magnesium, which specially affects the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor response to excitatory amino acids, may be a supportive therapeutic agent in Alzheimer's disease. OBJECTIVE: To investigate the relationship between magnesium levels and the cognitive test results and clinical stages of the patients. METHODS: Thirty-seven patients (20 women, 17 men) and 34 controls were included in the study. The patients were staged according to Global Deterioration Scale (GDS) and Clinical Dementia Rating (CDR). RESULTS: There was a significant difference for Mg levels according to GDS (p = 0.030). Similarly, Mg levels were different between patients with low and high CDR stages (p = 0.003). Mg levels were lower in the group whose MMSE scores were <20 than in those whose MMSE scores were >/=20. A negative correlation was found between Mg levels and GDS and CDR (respectively: r = -0.35, p = 0.033; r = -0.360, p = 0.029). CONCLUSION: Our data suggest that there is a relationship between serum Mg levels and the degree of Alzheimer's disease and that the determination of the Mg level at various stages may provide valuable information in further understanding the progression and treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:03 pm

IH,

Would she need that Mag Orotate that I'm taking, or could she use a regular Swansons type Mag supplement?

I definitely can get her to start using the Mag and Krill for sure. She knows I take both. I was touting how I was trying to fight genetics and try to avoid heart disease like my Dad dealt with in his life and I discussed the studies you mentioned on the Krill and Mag Orotate. Those will be no problem to get her started on.

I know she's concerned about Alzheimer's/Strokes happening to her like it did to her Mom in her late 70's, but I'm not sure she's willing to admit how concerned and willing to take something like Lithium Orotate. She'll ask a doctor about that one and I can only imagine what they will tell her.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:39 pm

hadrion - I'm sure you're right. She'd be okay just taking regular Magnesium.

Lithium also protects against strokes too. But Krill would help a little in that area. If she's particularly concerned with strokes, the Nattokinase is excellent. It keeps the fibrinogen levels low and busts clots before they get a chance to form.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:20 am

Just bumping this up to see if any new research has come out in relation to fighting Alzheimer's with supplementation.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:15 am

half -- I think IH posted something recently about Niacinamide being integral in Alzheimers prevention. I put my Mom on it just as a precaution.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 am

I was just searching for that thread--can't find it.

Not too many months ago there was as a profound study on animals showing that the human equivalent of 3,000 mg of Niacinamide per day reverses Alzheimer's. The lead researcher said, cognitively they were cured.

Earlier research shows that about the maximum amount of Niacin that can be absorbed at any one time is between 250 mg and 500 mg. So if one has existing Alzheimer's taking several divided doses would be recommended, such as 250 to 500 mg three to six times per day.

For prevention there's quite a large number of things that will work. Alzheimer's disease is really like a "Diabetes III." All the aging mechanisms behind high glucose essentially cause Alzheimer's. If you're using a natural regimen against hair loss, you're not going to get it and a good thing too, since it usually skips a generation. My grandmother had it too.

For prevention, 250 milligrams twice per day would probably be sufficient. The evidence on Lithium orotate is very strong for prevention also. 10 milligrams of Lithium orotate would essentially prevent Alzheimer's. Fish or krill is pretty important and there is evidence here also. Fish oil and Magnesium use would probably be enough if there ample use prior to any potential onset.

About ten years ago there was a study that showed that only 2% of the 60 + age group in India ever get Alzheimer's. It's probably the curcumin, and it is, since other studies show this protects against neurotoxicity, and tau proteins.

Lipoic acid & Acetyl L-Carnitine will also prevent Alzheimer's. Ecklonia cava? It's fat soluble and with such potent antioxidant activity, it would also.

Since thyroid activity does strongly influence insulin issues and heart disease, it is also an issue in Alzheimer's. Low thyroid is associated with higher levels of homocysteine. Iodine would probably also help.

There are some other neurological diseases that apparently benefit from iodine, here is an interesting hypothesis.

http://www.orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1999/abstracts/1999-v14n03-p128.shtml
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down