Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Anxiety Problems and Update EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Anxiety Problems and Update

+13
abc123
Odysseus
isis
Prague
hadrion
Nashville Hairline
randle20
LA-Night
diffuse
fredounet
LittleFighter
CausticSymmetry
Decro435
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anxiety Problems and Update Empty Anxiety Problems and Update

Post  Decro435 Wed May 25, 2011 6:19 am

Haven't posted much here in a while. All my symptoms have got much worse, but I'm not taking any supplements at the moment. I don't really think the top 6 is my game, Iodine unfortunately doesn't suit me either. I just went through a very stressful period in college with all the projects etc. I was doing it seems my symptoms has been amplified. I'm planning on visiting the doctor tomorrow but I'll probably get the usual "Come back to me in a while" or "Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary here" despite having quite intense symptoms. I'll list out some of my symptoms to see if you guys have any ideas..

1. Fatigue - I always thought for the past 2-3 years that I thought I was overly tired compared to everyone else, but compared to now it was nothing. I go to bed about 2-3 in the morning and find it hard to go beforehand and now since I'm off for the Summer and have no job I get up about 2-3 the next day. I honestly feel like sh*t in the morning and could sleep for another 10 hours straight. I honestly never feel refreshed and feel like a Zombie for the rest of the day. Any bit of labour wears me out as my energy levels are zero. I also have a craving for energy drinks (Redbull, Monster etc.) these make me feel much better even though I know these things are seriously bad. Haven't drank many in the past few weeks, but I still have a craving for them, as well as cigarettes Sad..

2. Anxiety - I think this is my biggest problem and I have even been told by the doctor that I seem to suffer some sort of anxiety disorder (which seems to be typical among MPB sufferers). I've been having bad panic attacks lately, especially when I'm driving or trying to go to bed at night. Now, these have never been diagnosed as panic attacks, but I'm guessing they are. For example last week I was driving home from college (3 Hour Drive) and I had to pull over. My whole left arm and chest was numb, I found it hard to breath and concentrate. My heart was fluttering and uncomfortable, I felt close to passing out. I had to get a lift and have someone collect the car for me. Another example was about 2 nights after. I woke up about 5 in the morning and was gasping for breath. My heart was jumping and very faint. I had a hard time finding my pulse, it was very slow and weak. As you can imagine these symptoms are very frightening but when I visited my doctor during the Christmas he gave me a ECG and said that nothing showed up. He claimed my blood pressure was high but thats not unusual for people visiting the GP and that it would most likely drop before I left (which it did). All of these heart problems etc. occurred a week after beginning Iodine. I felt unbelievable for the first 4 days (including a drop in scalp itch and hair loss) and then began having these complications. I've tried very hard to find out why I had this reaction but I can't find any reason. All I get is that Iodine is important for any thyroid condition and that it's probably a detox. The problem is if I even try a drop of Iodine all my heart/breathing/anxiety symptoms are amplified and the symptoms can linger on for a week or so. All I can think of in terms of why this happens is that:

- Heavy Metal are stirred up, primary concern is mercury. Detox etc.
- I have Graves or Hasimotos and supplementing Iodine is a bad Idea (You claim its not).
- Iodine sends an underlying condition out of control (Adrenal, Anxiety etc.).
- Iodine should never be supplemented (As a lot of doctors claim).
- Iodine supplementing has induced Hyperthyroidism.

I don't think I'll ever find out why I have this reaction, but I'd love to go back to feeling the way I did with those first 4 days of Iodine.

Also I've started thinking whether I've always had an anxiety disorder, I definitely wouldn't have thought it, I was always very social etc. though I did grind my teeth a lot in my sleep when I was younger, I also have unresolved bouts of eczema..

3. Stomach Pains - I've been having slight stomach pains especially around my bottom left abdominal area. That area also seems to be bloated/distended, could be from stress/anxiety, not exactly sure.

4. Loose Stool - I seem to have diarrhea a lot especially during stressful periods in college. My diet isn't terrible though I still eat grain, sugar etc. I've changed my diet before, no grain, lots of veg etc. seems to have made no difference. I might try an allergy test.

5. Hair Loss/Scalp Itch - Both of these have increased tenfold, not really bothered getting into this, just wondering whether my scalp itch might be a result of prolonged stress/anxiety rather that a direct result of androgens.

6 . A few more symptoms such a pallor, twitches, flush face.

So, I'm actually in a worse position then I ever was, At this stage my main concerns are my itchy scalp, heart problems and energy levels. It really diminishes your quality of life dealing with these. Without resolving my itchy scalp (tried everything) I believe I can't deal with my stress/anxiety because it keeps me stressed all day long. I can't ignore it and the only relief I get is having a shower or when consuming alcohol (Disappears for some reason - Androgens? Stress relief? Vasodilation?).

My mother was Hypoglycemic, had thyroid trouble during pregnancy.
Her brother was hypoglycemic and now has type 2 Diabetes.
Her father was a NW10,00000.

So where so I go from here?. I need tests, what should I ask for from my GP?. Unfortunately I'm leaving for France for the Summer in 2 weeks, so I'll have to get the tests done immediately.

Cheers for the responses!
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Anxiety Problems and Update Empty Re: Anxiety Problems and Update

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 25, 2011 6:28 am

Decro435 - Have you underwent any metal detoxification protocol?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 am

I've tried MCP (Jarrows ToxGuard) didn't seem to have any effect on me. Nothing at all really. Only tried it for about 4 weeks but for the extreme symptoms I was suffering I at least expected a change in those. I ordered Humifulvate about 4 days ago after seeing that MCP doesn't chelate mercury, it should arrive tomorrow, but I'm not even that pushed about it. I'm actually considering that all these alternative treatments might just be not for me.

The problem is most likely mercury. It creates all the symptoms you are experiencing.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed May 25, 2011 7:45 am

Decro435 wrote:I've tried MCP (Jarrows ToxGuard) didn't seem to have any effect on me. Nothing at all really. Only tried it for about 4 weeks but for the extreme symptoms I was suffering I at least expected a change in those. I ordered Humifulvate about 4 days ago after seeing that MCP doesn't chelate mercury, it should arrive tomorrow, but I'm not even that pushed about it. I'm actually considering that all these alternative treatments might just be not for me.

The problem is most likely mercury. It creates all the symptoms you are experiencing.

Decro, your symptoms point to some gut problem (irritation, protozoa, parasites, bacteria, fungi). Also, food intolerance can give you all of this, eggs, wheat (NOT just gluten),casein, etc.

Lack of energy, anxiety, depression, is all rooted in the gut.

Please don't waste your time and money, and get tested. Some of the supplements might make you feel like crap,and that's not due to detox. Go to see a GOOD integrative doctor if you want/can.

Don't listen to ANYONE that says you have candida. Curezone SUCKS.

Can't insist much, hopefully you will give a try to the route I'm telling you about.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed May 25, 2011 8:03 am

So LittleFighter, you don't think it has anything to do with the Iodine supplementation?. I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with my Gut, what do I do to get a food intolerance test do I ask my GP?. How do I get tested for Celiac disease, what does it consist of?.

Cs, why did you ask about the Heavy metal toxicity, are these symptoms after iodine consumption typical for toxicity?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Wed May 25, 2011 8:25 am

Sounds like me, decro.

My stool are quite perfect now I killed the pinworms, I am very regular, well formed, no need toilet paper anymore Smile. What I don't understand is that pinworms is very spread during childhood, but unless you have the "standard syndroms" (which I had not), they don't treat you. So I guess I ve been infected with pinworms since childhood, that is quite pathetic.
I must say that since I killed it, I don't have the high itchy inflamation on my hair line anymore, so that makes me think that my HL is caused by a gut infection.
I can eat eggs, rice now without too much problem. Before I could eat only meat, and some veggies. I'm still sensitive to sugar.

I'm treating my second parasite now, without success for the moment. Tried a bunch of antiparasite, felt it did not liked it, but did not kill it. Maybe the success will come from antibiotics. But I need a more precise diagnostic to found the right treatment, this beast is special.
Will do a biopsy soon.

Get a test, it is a relief to now what is wrong. I should have done it a long time ago.

LF, yeah curezone is quite depressing, I rarely go there now, but sometimes there is good info, but it is time consuming to find it.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 25, 2011 8:42 am

Decro435 - I thought I posted earlier, but it didn't go through. The symptoms that you are experiencing sound very much like mercury toxicity.

Let's hope that humic (or humifulvate) will work for you. Iodine does mobilize mercury, however it can recirculate if there's a lot of it.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 25, 2011 8:44 am

Regarding gluten sensitivity, there are false negatives. Going off of gluten for a few weeks is a better test if this is a concern.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Wed May 25, 2011 9:10 am

I believe Iodine mobilising mercury was a problem for me, those with mercury issues need to be careful with it imo. I think you're on solid ground with humifulvate though, by most accounts very safe and personally I seem to tolerate it just fine. Reducing your heavy metal burden can only help you with gut issues.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Wed May 25, 2011 9:29 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Decro435 - I thought I posted earlier, but it didn't go through. The symptoms that you are experiencing sound very much like mercury toxicity.

Let's hope that humic (or humifulvate) will work for you. Iodine does mobilize mercury, however it can recirculate if there's a lot of it.

I hope you're right man. But in all fairness the internet really isn't the job for fixing your health issues, I believe the right way is to get tests done, I understand you agree with is but I think a lot of the members ignore this including myself. Here's me for 3-4 years ordering supplements online based on forums opinions and finding that these supplements have no effect on me. I think we can all agree that a lot of these alternative therapies are bullsh*t. I come across a shirtload8) or websites discrediting supplements and I guess in some ways I agree with them and then again I know there is more to a lot of these supplements. Sorry for the rant, I'm not trying to discredit you and I know you're not forcing anyone to use anything. But when you're 21 and you're losing your hair and health, your quality of life going down it becomes very hard to agree with you guys. You guys tell me to use Iodine and I do but then I started going downhill from there. I think to myself, maybe all those other guys saying not to take Iodine were right and then I think well why did I take it in the first place?. Parasites, infections, disorders, maybe I just have the normal DHT problem and I developed a anxiety disorder because of being worried about my hair the whole time. IBS, fatigue, pallor and most of the other symptoms I have suffered are symptoms of anxiety/stress disorders but they're symptoms of mercury toxicity as well and a host of other disorders/diseases as well. I think I might ignore the most obvious problem because I know I can't fix it and so I've turned to alternative therapies. Sorry for the rant, I'm not trying to discredit you and I know you're not forcing anyone to use anything. But when you're 21 and you're losing your hair and health, your quality of life going down it becomes very hard to agree with you guys. You've clearly helped a lot of people, but are these guys a minority?. You're a great guy for trying to help, but really when I read more and more about alternative therapies it seems that I'm jumping into almost a cult or sorts that just disagrees with the government etc. I don't even know if that makes sense Very Happy but anyway I'm going to give this one last shot. I'll hopefully get some tests done tomorrow and I should start my Humifulvate.

Also, Mercury poisoning was one of my main worries. I know my mother has had a mouth full of amalgams and both her parents suffered from Alzheimers/Demntia which both have links to mercury. So hopefully mercury does something for me, but I'm really skeptical about it.

Thanks....
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu May 26, 2011 12:38 am

So I received my Humifuvlate today, I suppose I shouldn't expect a detox with this?.

What should I supplement with this?. I guess I should drink a lot of water because it's mostly excreted through the urine right?. Antioxidants?, Vitamin C?, anything else?

On average what is the timeline for mercury detoxification, should I expect to see any changes within the next 2 weeks?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu May 26, 2011 2:49 am

Decro --

Not sure if you'll get any response after your epic rant.

People might be afraid of offending you or whatever. Or simply put off.

But I hear what you're saying. Everyone's experience is different. In my case, when I added the IH supplements to my heavy metal detox regimen it worked wonders for my health & hair.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 am

Decro,

Man... I feel your pain! You need to get a blood test to confirm what you have bro!!! The anxiety/depression(chest pains) I believe is simply from the fact that your loosing hair. Once you stabilize your hairloss you will be happy again trust me. 5 months ago I was suffering from sheds and I didnt want to be near anyone. I didnt want to hang out with any of my friends etc. I was going crazy inside and I was loosing alot of hair. Stress from the end of the year got me and messed up my body balance. I have fixed all of that though. Let me tell you man, Please insist on a blood test to confirm what kind of thyroid condition you have. Then we will all try to help you figure out what you need to do. Let me show you my progress and results

Ok so 5 months ago in Jan I got a blood test and the results were bad. Back then I was on Iodine/Selenium, Vitamin C and some antioxidants

Lp(a) 158 H needs to be lower then 75
TSH 13.35 H range 0.34-4.82
T4 Free 0.28 L
T3 Free 3.4 range 2.3 to 4.2

I got tested also for Anti Thyroid TPO as well as Anti Thyroglobulin AB <<<<<< YOU HAVE TO GET TESTED FOR THIS
To confirm that you have no Thyroid Antibodies like graves or hashimotos. The tests for those two came out well and I didnt have any antibodies which was a good thing. So my thyroid problem was simply that I wasnt making enough T4 hormone, but I didnt have a T4-T3 conversion problem which is good, which is another reason why you have to get your T3 test as well. My TSH was high so as well which states that my thyroid was not making enough hormones.

I just took a blood test a few days ago and now my results are

Lp(a) 129 H
TSH 3.11 (0.34-4.82)
T4 Free 0.53 L (0.59-1.17)

The Lp(a) is still high my goal is to get it under 75. If you bring your Lp(a) to the normal levels chances are you will thicken up your hair and stop your hairloss completely. TSH improved dramatically and T4 is still off a notch but it is alot better.

So the question is what did I do? Well I went to a doctor in the beg of March and got on a compounded plant based thyroid hormone which is measured at T3 20MG and T4 60MG. The reason I went on this instead of nature throid or armour is simply because I cannot consume pork due to religious reasons. In the first 2-3 weeks while i was on this I noticed to feel a little better but the thick inflammation was still there and my adrenal glands still were in pain. At this time I was still on iodine and selenium. Then around the end of march I got on Vitamin D3 + K2 again and thats when I started to feel a lot better. So I am living proof and debunking the myth. I firmly believe that Vitamin D3 is very important because I feel better in every aspect. I have more energy now, my adrenal glands do not hurt anymore and my libido is back up. Vitamin D takes time to build up in your body if you are deficient so my results have gotten better and better as it is the end of May now and I have been on it for two months. I take it every day. My adrenal glands used to hurt and I used to be fatigued but no more. I believe the Vitamin D3+k2 did the trick.

How is my hair? Well I still shed a few hairs in the shower every day but the inflammation is gone and hair is standing up which is always a good thing. I feel if I continue to take iodine/selenium, maybe go to my doctor and crank up the T4 for the time being eventually I will be able to get off this medication and continue with supplements.

As far as Vitamin D goes you need to supplement with K2 to make it useful from my research. If anyone is interested in the product I take here is the link. It is Isotonic which means it powder and you can mix with water and drink it. It absorbs alot better versus taking a pill. It also has a cherry flavor. I usually mix my Lugols Iodine with it so I can actually drink it because Lugols is unbearable.

http://www.marketamerica.com/viewproducts/product-13324/isotonix-vitamin-d-with_k2.htm
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  Nashville Hairline Thu May 26, 2011 3:33 am

Decro435 wrote:So I received my Humifuvlate today, I suppose I shouldn't expect a detox with this?.

What should I supplement with this?. I guess I should drink a lot of water because it's mostly excreted through the urine right?. Antioxidants?, Vitamin C?, anything else?

On average what is the timeline for mercury detoxification, should I expect to see any changes within the next 2 weeks?.
I wouldn't expect a detox, I've been looking around for studies to show the effectiveness of humifulvate and there's very little evidence for it.

How do you know you have mercury poisoning? Just because symptoms of it match symptoms you have doesn't mean it is so. They symptoms you have are also a match for depression and hypothyroidism ..and probably a match for a lot of other things. You see what I'm saying? There must be a test out there to see if a person has mercury poisoning or not as self-diagnoses by matching up with a load of typical symptoms doesn't sound very accurate to me. Presumably you would also take this mercury poisoning test after taking the humifulvate to make sure it has actually worked.

Nashville Hairline

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Thu May 26, 2011 3:35 am

Decro,

Forgive me, but I don't know why you are still asking for supplement advice here if you are convinced the advice here is what ruined your life and that they don't work.

I know for a fact they do work. The suggestions IH has made to me have positively affected my health, my Mother's health, my sister's health and got a friend off of type 2 diabetes medication. My Mother was able to drop cholesterol and blood pressure drugs she was on and has better numbers than before by using the supplements so I know that they work. My numbers have also improved from where I had clear cut metabolic syndrome to testing normally.

If you don't think they work, that's cool. But you shouldn't keep asking people for supplement advice and then blaming the supplements/advice in here.

I know you're in a rough spot and I encourage you to get help from someone in person. An internet forum seems like the wrong place for you since it's too easy to blame the advice of people you don't know/see and make them the bad guys in your ordeal.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Thu May 26, 2011 4:33 am

Decro

the most potent thing on depression is colloidal gold IME

btw i've had a negative experience with too much iodine (even organic), it makes me tired, brainfogged - i still eat seaweed sometimes but using sea salt covers the needs in my case

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu May 26, 2011 5:25 am

if you have strong anxiety disorder no supplement, diet or whatever will release it for you. Because the body is simply not the cause, it is an important part but not the root cause... the root cause of anxiety are negative beliefs and emotions which are not material but energy...

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Thu May 26, 2011 6:01 am

isis wrote:if you have strong anxiety disorder no supplement, diet or whatever will release it for you. Because the body is simply not the cause, it is an important part but not the root cause... the root cause of anxiety are negative beliefs and emotions which are not material but energy...

Anxiety and depression can have many causes so I think it is misleading to pinpoint one possibility and say that is definitely the cause. Relieving stress and negative emotions is a great thing to do but will be limited or difficult to accomplish if there is a physical problem e.g. with brain chemistry. Root cause of mine was amalgam fillings; 90% gone when they went. No amount of "positive beliefs and emotions" could have overcome it IMO/IME.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  Odysseus Thu May 26, 2011 6:16 am

You haven't been to see a therapist yet? Maybe you should try a qualified professional instead of messing around on a hair-loss site. Honestly, what have you got to lose?

Odysseus

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu May 26, 2011 6:20 am

diffuse wrote:
isis wrote:if you have strong anxiety disorder no supplement, diet or whatever will release it for you. Because the body is simply not the cause, it is an important part but not the root cause... the root cause of anxiety are negative beliefs and emotions which are not material but energy...

Anxiety and depression can have many causes so I think it is misleading to pinpoint one possibility and say that is definitely the cause. Relieving stress and negative emotions is a great thing to do but will be limited or difficult to accomplish if there is a physical problem e.g. with brain chemistry. Root cause of mine was amalgam fillings; 90% gone when they went. No amount of "positive beliefs and emotions" could have overcome it IMO/IME.

Totally agree with diffuse

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu May 26, 2011 7:49 am

@diffuse

your brain chemistry interacts with your life energy ( the stuff that you´re made of). If your life energy stucks, your brain chemistry changes ... life energy comes before brain chemistry and not the other way around.

What todays psychologists do is to give medication to change the brain chemistry, but actually that isnt the cause at all. If you adress the stucking life energy, your brain chemistry changes immediately.

These can be some other factors that can increase anxiety even more, like e-smog, diet etc etc etc .. but at their very root, it is stucking life energy.

I had enourmous anxiety disorder for more then 10 years, and i tried really everything ... but as soon as is started to adress the cause, things finally changed to the absolute opposite. I´m somewhat of another person today, very happy and confident and i know, that with most if not all conventional approaches i would be dead or at least an absolute emotional wreck ...

clear out your subconsciousness of your negative beliefs and emotions and your confidence and your health will increase tremendously... diet, chelation etc etc is a bonus which makes you feel even more better... and the very root of our being we are energy. Sad that medicine doenst recognize that.

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu May 26, 2011 7:56 am

and i dont say that there cant be other causes. for example i got huge brainfog from propecia, which felt really like a kind of depression. And yes, the propecia did cause it ...
but that was a quite different kind of depression than my chronic anxiety disorder ...

what i mean is the emotional depressions, anxieties, etc. ... these blockages mainly in the solar plexus or stomach area which make you feel heavy ...

when you get a negative feeling, you can feel that feeling in some part of your body. Watch yourself the next time, the part where you feel it is the part where your energy stucks ...

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu May 26, 2011 8:05 am

Yeah, life energy... Suspect

This is what I was kind of on about, alternative... pff
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu May 26, 2011 8:26 am

i dont mean those foggy feelings you get from amalgam etc., i mean trauma, postraumatic stress disorder, social anxiety disorder and such things, that is caused be negative beliefs stored in the subconcious. That is the difference between thoughts and beliefs.

your mind thinks, your subconciouness feels

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Thu May 26, 2011 8:27 am

Decro435 wrote:Yeah, life energy... Suspect

This is what I was kind of on about, alternative... pff

Way to insult people who you just asked for help Suspect

Stress => Stress response

Stress is created by thoughts, Stress response is created by your physiology. You can address either one and see good results.

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next