Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer...

+2
LittleFighter
magic_gro
6 posters

Go down

Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... Empty Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer...

Post  magic_gro Tue May 24, 2011 8:02 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43065205/ns/health-cancer/t/swilling-coffee-may-protect-men-against-prostate-cancer/
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... Empty Re: Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer...

Post  LittleFighter Tue May 24, 2011 8:15 am

magic_gro wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43065205/ns/health-cancer/t/swilling-coffee-may-protect-men-against-prostate-cancer/

magic,

Caffeine seems to f#$"# up glucose regulation, I'm trying to ditch it completely. In balding people this seems to be the key culprit.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer... Empty Re: Swilling coffee may protect men against prostate cancer...

Post  magic_gro Tue May 24, 2011 8:26 am

tell me something... i was on 4-5 redbulls a day when i lost my temples...

but here they say that decaf is good too, so it's not the caffeine that gives the benefit!!!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  mphatesmpb Tue May 24, 2011 10:15 am

Coffee (or any beverage containing caffeine) elevates cortisol levels, and I've read on other threads that there is a correlation between cortisol and 5AR activity. I've read somewhere that just 1 cup of coffee results in increased cortisol levels for up to 12-14 hours. CS has mentioned before that coffee is alright if you have it in the morning. This makes sense, since by having it in the morning you would avoid offsetting your body's circadian rhythm. Under ideal conditions, your cortisol should peak during the morning hours and should be kept low during the evening.

This also shows why exercise should be restricted to the morning, since strenuous physical activity can also increase cortisol levels significantly.
mphatesmpb
mphatesmpb

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed May 25, 2011 7:31 am

all kinds of exercise?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 am

Misirlou wrote:all kinds of exercise?

I think well done HIIT may not rise cortisol...

Cardio and chronic excercise are the problem.

HIIT is good... restores insulin sensitivity
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Wed May 25, 2011 9:58 am

magic_gro Yesterday at 9:26 pm
tell me something... i was on 4-5 redbulls a day when i lost my temples...
Yikes! There's almost 6 tsp. of sugar in an 8 ounce can of redbull.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Wed May 25, 2011 1:29 pm

magic_gro wrote:tell me something... i was on 4-5 redbulls a day when i lost my temples...

I was on almost 2 liters of soda per day when my temples fled too...

Temples = insulin? or coincidence... or...?
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Wed May 25, 2011 6:13 pm

can you please elaborate on the temples = insulin ?

i am the kind of guy who eats like a hog and stays unbelievably thin.

if this is related to sugars/insulin, do you think there's a way to revert it?

thanks!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Thu May 26, 2011 7:49 am

magic_gro wrote:can you please elaborate on the temples = insulin ?

i am the kind of guy who eats like a hog and stays unbelievably thin.

if this is related to sugars/insulin, do you think there's a way to revert it?

thanks!

Interesting you say that- in the past I've eaten like a hog and only put on 10 or 15 pounds over a long period of time. I don't want confusion here-- insulin isn't the CAUSE of temple problems, but in probably both our cases, it seems high insulin-releasing foods aka having pretty constantly high levels in circulation starts the problems...

Let me throw a fun fact at you! I quit soda and 95% of processed sugars (not starch) cold turkey. Since that point (well over a year ago), my temples have only recessed a few hairs. That's it.

That being said, you'd naturally think that once it's halted, proper care would result in the startings of regrowth since you solved the prob. But... no regrowth. So I believe calcification can occur from an insulin-burdened system, and that plugs up our temples. In my case, I'm getting solid thickening in all areas of existing growth, but still a desert on the temples. The only logic I see is structural damage to the micro-circulation.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu May 26, 2011 7:59 am

i just got rid of a thick oval burn scar of about .5 by .7 cm size by lifting all the skin around it via 17% salicylic acid, and then pulling it away and picking the whole scar out of my skin. Colloidal silver and Neosporin seem to be doing wonders at healing the area in a scar-free fashion.

do you the same could be done on temples, a small area at a time so as not to compromise proper healing too much?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Thu May 26, 2011 8:59 am

In theory sure, if you want to try it and see what happens? I really don't know how to restore damage like that... it's not really a scar, more like low-grade destruction, but maybe those are the same

I guess our bet would be decalcifiers, anti-fibrins, and healers like silver? A few months ago I experimented with topical papain in olive oil, followed by topical mag oil. That stung like it's nobodies business Crying or Very sad, and didn't do anything. Nor did plain colloidal silver. Do you think some sort of abrasion or puncturing is necessary?

Plus we should consider the source of the damage. If it's further up the scalp, the temples are at the end of the line, so we didn't really fix the source.

Got any thoughts? This is interesting

EDIT: I always connected calcified skin with tougher, blotchy, less young looking skin. Can skin and vessels be calcified in youthful flexible skin too?
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down