Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed

+4
CausticSymmetry
KAPTUNKRUNK
Amaranthaceae
kijumn
8 posters

Go down

Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed Empty Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed

Post  kijumn Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:02 am

Lee Swanson Research Update
Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed
September 2009

A new study from the United Kingdom says that a compound found in vegetables like broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower may protect arteries from disease by boosting a natural defense mechanism.

Researchers from Imperial College London (ICL) report that sulforaphane, a compound most widely associated with broccoli, may activate a protein called Nrf2 in arteries. While the protein is normally protective, in areas of arteries that are susceptible to disease the London-based researchers found that Nrf2 is inactive.

"We found that the innermost layer of cells at branches and bends of arteries lack the active form of Nrf2, which may explain why they are prone to inflammation and disease," explained Dr. Paul Evans, from the national Heart and Lung Institute at ICL.

"[Exposure to] the natural compound sulforaphane reduced inflammation at the high-risk areas by ‘switching-on’ Nrf2," he added.

"Sulforaphane is found naturally in broccoli, so our next steps include testing whether simply eating broccoli, or other vegetables in their ‘family,’ has the same protective effect. We also need to see if the compound can reduce the progression of disease in affected arteries."

The tissue of cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and Brussels sprout, contains high levels of the active plant chemicals glucosinolates. These are metabolized by the body into isothiocyanates, which are known to be powerful anti-carcinogens. The main isothiocyanate from broccoli is sulforaphane.

The researchers used mice engineered to lack the Nrf2 protein and compared their arteries with those of normal mice. Prof. Evans and his team found that in straight sections of arteries Nrf2 was present in the endothelial "lining" cells. Through its action on other proteins, it prevented the cells from becoming inflamed, which is an early stage in the development of atherosclerosis. Known as hardening or furring of the arteries, atherosclerosis is a key risk factor for cardiovascular disease, the cause of over 50% of deaths in Europe and the US.

When the researchers looked at the lining cells of disease-prone sites they found that Nrf2 was attached to a protein that made it inactive. This effectively prevented it from exhibiting its protective properties.

When these cells were exposed to sulforaphane, a re-activation of Nrf2 in the disease-prone regions of the artery was observed. This indicated that the cells’ ability to protect themselves from becoming inflamed was restored, said the researchers.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed Empty Re: Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:42 am

Wow, this stuff gets better and better! I got some very good feedback on it regarding respiratory detoxification. Thanks for posting

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed Empty Re: Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 am

idk how much this relates to hair but...

http://www.plosone.org/article/info:doi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0002568

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:01 am

KAPTUNKRUNK - It relates, there are some other threads on sulforaphane. Based on various pieces of research, it appears to be a very powerful weapon against hair loss.

Here are a few reasons, (1), it reduces the expression of TGF-beta1, which is elevated in inflammatory diseases and is associated with fibrosis, ala cross linking of collagen.

It downregulates the androgen receptor.

It inhibits MMP-9

It is a natural potassium channel opener (think of minoxidil without the sides).

It modulates the innate skin barrier

It activates the antioxidant system (raises glutathione levels).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:32 am

This stuff does sound amazing. Was reading some reviews of the Jarrows formula. Has anybody been using it with anything to report?

Micah

Back to top Go down

Heart-health Benefits of Broccoli Extract Pinpointed Empty Herbal Extract, Herbal Extracts, Green Coffee Bean, Coffee Bean Extract, Green Coffee

Post  vidyahrbs Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Vidya Herbs has been involved in the research and production of extracts of India origin since its incubation in the year 2000.The company has been quite successful in delivering high-end natural products and in creating a new revolution in the field of Ayurveda. Today the company has solutions to cure most modern day aliments such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Skin and Hair care, Immunological disorders, Gastro Intestinal, Cardiovascular, Gynecological, Respiratory disorders, Bone disease etc.
Today, the people have realized the ill effects on persistent use of medication derived from synthetic medicines and, more & more people have started relying on the natural remedies that work on the comprehensive resurrection of the human system without any negative after effects. The traditional medicinal plants cover a wider dimension right from consumables to aromatic crops that act as the basic raw material for pharmaceutical, perfumery, flavour, and cosmetic industries

vidyahrbs

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Has anyone ever made raw brocolli a main part in thier diet?
I Consume a raw vegitable juice made from: half a large brocolli, 2 beetroots, 80g of spinach, and 2 big cabbage leaves...
Few days after starting, dandruff compleatly gone! and I can definatly feel it's doing wonders for my body!

But I was thinking juice fasting on just raw brocolli for a week to see if thier is any improvement on shedding rate???
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:14 am

FATE?,

Yes, I grow and eat my own 3 - 5 day old broccoli sprouts. It's easy and I would recommend it. Like some other vegetables you have to chew throughly to get the benefits.

Broccoli sprouts is much better than broccoli.

Cabbage juice which is similar as broccoli sprouts is very beneficial and lots of good information on the internet about it.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  FATE Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:39 am

rdkml wrote:FATE?,

Yes, I grow and eat my own 3 - 5 day old broccoli sprouts. It's easy and I would recommend it. Like some other vegetables you have to chew throughly to get the benefits.

Broccoli sprouts is much better than broccoli.

Cabbage juice which is similar as broccoli sprouts is very beneficial and lots of good information on the internet about it.

I suppose juicing is even better than just chewing, but yeah, I might start growing sprouts...

No joke, but I get quite high off of what I think is the broccoli and cabbage in my smoothie, weak ecstacy/magic mushroom buzz, but I seem to have a week tolarance to most things ha ha...
FATE
FATE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down