Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :)

+11
LittleFighter
CausticSymmetry
JosephineMarie
hapyman
magic_gro
tooyoung
fredounet
isis
itzmecorey
abc123
Hoppipolla
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :)

Post  LittleFighter Fri May 13, 2011 8:35 am

JosephineMarie wrote:Hey CS--Yeah, Byron Richards is a pretty smart guy--almost as smart as you (but not quite) lol! I bought his book on Leptin and it was an eye opener too. Quite possibly between your advice re ALA and L-Carnetine before meals and his advice regarding eating 3 meals a day and no snacks in between, etc. and leaving 5-6 hour gaps between meals I may not end up with diabetes type 2 in the later future and in the near future get to my goal weight (I'm 25 lbs away).

I've used goldenseal before, but not for any length of time. I think too berberine is a component in the GI helper formulation I was using for awhile, and I do think the GI helper soothed my gut, but now I am going to shift in favor of the lactoferrin, butyric acid, colostrum and continuing to take Dr. O'hira's probiotics (thanks again to you for that referral, CS) and see where I get with that program for awhile. If you have the time to answer this--what is the impact of berberine on the good bacteria in the gut?

I love to follow Byron R. He is smart indeed. He has a long series of post regarding how LPS (gut issues) impact pretty much everything.

I think berberine like many other natural substances do impact good flora (most of them to a lesser degree). For instance curcumin can impact lactobacillus strains, but at the same time promotes a selective growth of anti-inflammatory strains.

You shouldn't worry at all, if at the same time you're taking probiotics (to promote the regeneration of the good native flora) and good flora promoters, like food-sourced prebiotics.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :) - Page 2 Empty Re: Heya erm, I need someone in America to do me a big and super cool favour :)

Post  nidhogge Fri May 13, 2011 11:38 am

Hoppi--

I'd be willing to help you out. Drop me a private message if you want to work out the details!

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sat May 14, 2011 7:07 am

LittleFighter wrote:
JosephineMarie wrote:Hey CS--Yeah, Byron Richards is a pretty smart guy--almost as smart as you (but not quite) lol! I bought his book on Leptin and it was an eye opener too. Quite possibly between your advice re ALA and L-Carnetine before meals and his advice regarding eating 3 meals a day and no snacks in between, etc. and leaving 5-6 hour gaps between meals I may not end up with diabetes type 2 in the later future and in the near future get to my goal weight (I'm 25 lbs away).

I've used

goldenseal before, but not for any length of time. I think too berberine is a component in the GI helper formulation I was using for awhile, and I do think the GI helper soothed my gut, but now I am going to shift in favor of the lactoferrin, butyric acid, colostrum and continuing to take Dr. O'hira's probiotics (thanks again to you for that referral, CS) and see where I get with that program for awhile. If you have the time to answer this--what is the impact of berberine on the good bacteria in the gut?
I love to follow Byron R. He is smart indeed. He has a long series of post regarding how LPS (gut issues) impact pretty much everything.

I think berberine like many other natural substances do impact good flora (most of them to a lesser degree). For instance curcumin can impact lactobacillus strains, but at the same time promotes a selective growth of anti-inflammatory strains.

You shouldn't worry at all, if at the same time you're taking probiotics (to promote the regeneration of the good native flora) and good flora promoters, like food-sourced prebiotics.

Hey LF--thanks for the info--I gathered that that had to be the case about berberine. That's interesting too what you said about the curcumin, and I take it every day. I am big on prebiotics--I put the Just Like Sugar on my oatmeal, etc.--it's mainly chicory inulin. I'm really curious to see what the lactoferrin, colsotrum and butyric acid may do for me in combo with Dr. O'hiras. I remember some of your posts on the subject of probiotics and that you are big-time into this subject. What probie are you into these days?
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sat May 14, 2011 7:11 am

Hoppi--I too would have been willing to help you out, but by the time I read your post, you'd already ordered it./worked it out for yourself. If you need help in the future, I'll help.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Sat May 14, 2011 5:46 pm

Aw thanks guys Smile

Yeah I just thought... I feel quite confident about this supp and I wanna get it kinda fast, and it becomes much more reasonable if you buy in bulk. It's an expensive one but... I hear some very good things and ultimately I think it will save me money as it replaces other things that I would otherwise have to buy individually!

But yeah, thanks a lot again and in my other (latest... lol) related thread I'll say how well I'm getting on! Pleeeaaase god let it work so I can actually continue with my life without worrying about this stuff!! lol
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri May 20, 2011 1:43 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:JosephineMarie - That's a nice article!

I've been focusing lately on a substance called Berberine, which has been shown to have very potent effects on reducing blood sugar and increasing insulin sensitivity. It also improves skin. I just purchased some, because it has anti-obesity effects that probably work by acting as a germicide. It's very anti-Candida and is found in many professional anti-Candida formulas.

CS,

How's the berberine working on you? I guess in your current state any changes are way more subtle to notice.

I'm very interested on it mainly for the blood sugar and insulin regulation effects.

Found this check it out: http://www.leanerliving.com/products-page/products/glycosolve-with-berberine-hcl-buy-now/

High amounts of pure berberine plus banaba (which I just started using).

Thanks
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri May 20, 2011 6:02 am

I'm thinking of adding Berberine to my regimen after reading a lot of the documentation. Is there another brand besides Glycosolve to look at or is that gold standard?

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 20, 2011 6:15 am

I wrote on article on it for HealthyFixx somewhat recently, with more info:

http://healthyfixx.com/17/natural-supplement-beats-popular-diabetes-drug

So far I have noticed some gastrointestinal effects (in the beginning), and my purpose for using this stuff is to see how effective it is for "cheating" (with bad food).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 20, 2011 6:16 am

I'm using a weaker form than the kind I suggested in the article. This one contains 200 mg.

http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Berbercap-Oregon-Grape-Root-Extract-60-Veggie-Caps/18577?at=hil335

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri May 20, 2011 7:53 am

hadrion wrote:I'm thinking of adding Berberine to my regimen after reading a lot of the documentation. Is there another brand besides Glycosolve to look at or is that gold standard?

Great.

Hadrion, I would also recommend glucohelp (or glucofit).

Very inexpensive and also effective, very safe and tolerable.

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-GlucoFit-60-Softgels/603?at=0

Some info:

http://www.soft-gel.com/images/GlucoHelp_Brocure.pdf
http://www.naturalways.com/glucosol-blood-sugar.htm

Gymnema extracts (like GS4 or ProBeta) have the potential to regenerate beta cells over time... amazing. It's inexpensive too so I would add that too. If part of or issues is due to reduced insulin, then this is important I think.

http://pharmaterraonline.com/pages/Why-Probeta.html

Also, these herbs have other benefits beyond glucose metabolism, like antioxidant and antibacterial properties and others.

The most fundamental thing to solve... glucose metabolism.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri May 20, 2011 8:38 am

Thanks guys. I'm definitely dealing with insulin resistance. Not diabetic, but I have all the markings of insulin resistance in my blood work. My last blood sugar reading was 96 and my cholesterol profiles were high in triglycerides but under 200 total cholesterol.

I've been following the insulin resistance diet and working out like a mad man, but my body requires me to work out twice as hard as an average person and eat twice as perfect as an average person to see results. There's clearly a defect inside of me. The minute I let up slack on exercise or diet the fat returns to my mid section immediately. It's frustrating and clear that I'm fighting insulin resistance all the time.

Sorry to hijack your thread Hoppi, but this berberine stuff is very interesting to me.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri May 20, 2011 8:44 am

hadrion wrote:Thanks guys. I'm definitely dealing with insulin resistance. Not diabetic, but I have all the markings of insulin resistance in my blood work. My last blood sugar reading was 96 and my cholesterol profiles were high in triglycerides but under 200 total cholesterol.

I've been following the insulin resistance diet and working out like a mad man, but my body requires me to work out twice as hard as an average person and eat twice as perfect as an average person to see results. There's clearly a defect inside of me. The minute I let up slack on exercise or diet the fat returns to my mid section immediately. It's frustrating and clear that I'm fighting insulin resistance all the time.

Sorry to hijack your thread Hoppi, but this berberine stuff is very interesting to me.

Also how about raising T levels... Vitamin D, Magnesium, Calcium Fructoborate, Ashwagandha... all rock for that.

Don't worry for hoppi, he's off to test some new product Wink
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Fri May 20, 2011 8:50 pm

haha yeah I saw that this was going on it's own course and so I kinda left it to it Smile

I am currently taking Syntol and Okra Pepsin and that, and I think I've had some moderate changes and reaction in digestive health/response. I dunno, we'll see what happens there!!
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  diffuse Sun May 22, 2011 12:09 am

nidhogge wrote:Hoppi--

I'd be willing to help you out. Drop me a private message if you want to work out the details!

Nidhogge, or JosephineMarie, would you mind I also dropped you a pm? Similar situation to Hoppi. I ordered some Decalcify recently, was here in less than a week and no hassle with customs - if only iherb could do the same.

diffuse

Back to top Go down

Post  sanderson Sun May 27, 2012 8:44 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:I'm using a weaker form than the kind I suggested in the article. This one contains 200 mg.

http://www.iherb.com/Thorne-Research-Berbercap-Oregon-Grape-Root-Extract-60-Veggie-Caps/18577?at=hil335

i bought this. i actually bought for its anti hyluria benefits. not sure if i actually have it, but suspect it. also the anti candida thing interests me because i think i have it as well. on iodine, i seem to be getting diarrhea which i read could be candida/detox.

but had a question for those of you familiar with it. i talked to someone about this relating to insulin, and then they said, if you take it will your body depend on berberine instead of insulin and then make you diabetic?

i dont have diabetes, but suspect insulin resistance. i know the article CS posted said its good for diabetics, but can this do any damage to you if you don't have it, like will your body dpeend on it for insulin type stuff, causing a spike in insulin at another time or something?

interesting that i took some of this earlier.. i'm currently sweatign a little, i barely sweat since i finished taking propecia. could be the berberine or the iodine i took today.
sanderson
sanderson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2