Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
culture shock affects health and hair? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

culture shock affects health and hair?

4 posters

Go down

culture shock affects health and hair? Empty culture shock affects health and hair?

Post  calvicie Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:56 am

First, thanks for providing this forum, I found it by accident and find the reading interesting. It's also refreshing to browse intelligent responses instead of the standard forum attention whore responses one typically sees when browsing forums.

Second, sorry for asking a question on my first post, but I am a complete newbie with respect to the topics in this forum and therefore couldn't contribute much.

Here's my issue: I moved to Lima, Peru from California approx 5 years ago. Although somewhat prematurely gray, I've always had a full head of hair. Within a year of moving here, I entered a mirrored elevator and noticed thinning hair at the crown of my head. I have since been keeping an eye on it (although doing nothing about it) over the last few years and the thinning has extended over the entire top of my head.

My diet obviously changed after moving here, but for what I assumed was for the better. I never eat fast food or crap and do eat lots of ceviche and other locally grown fruits and vegetables. and I switched from micro-brewed beers to Argentinian Malbec wines and of course only drink bottled water (tap is unpotable here). I am in my late-40s, former marathoner, I still run long distances, never smoked, and believe I'm fit. I never been sick in my 20+ year work history and even won an award in high school for never missing a day... I honestly can't remember ever being sick.

So, was I genetically fated for baldness (grandparents, father and older brothers never lost a hair) and it's just a timing coincidence in changing hemispheres? or the change to my environment is slowly taking it's toll? I know there are too many unknown variables for an accurate response, but I figured I need to start somewhere.

thanks
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

culture shock affects health and hair? Empty Re: culture shock affects health and hair?

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Do you have any amalgams in your mouth?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

culture shock affects health and hair? Empty Re: culture shock affects health and hair?

Post  calvicie Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:03 pm

tooyoung wrote:Do you have any amalgams in your mouth?
no... i had a couple as a kid but had them replaced 15 or 20 years ago.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  Armandein Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:42 pm

do you change your hair style, in lenght or in colour?

Armandein

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:12 am

Armandein wrote:do you change your hair style, in lenght or in colour?
no, absolutely nothing, no tinting, dyeing, perming, curling, etc. and I generally keep it short. My hippy/pony tail phase ended in the 80s and I'm also your typical, close-minded male that wonders about the sexuality of other males that tint, highlight, etc.
calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  Armandein Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:54 am

Then possibly you are in the 40ยด and don`t suffer from "hard" AGA, the crown's zone is not easily seen without a the aid of a mirrow.

Armandein

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:26 am

btw, marathon running is not a great sport for your body.
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  calvicie Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:10 am

magic_gro wrote:btw, marathon running is not a great sport for your body.
its the only thing that keeps me sane...

As an update, i've noticed much less hair in the sink lately, simply by removing refined sugar, flour and rice from my diet. It may be too early to tell and/or wishful thinking on my part, but that is my impression after a few weeks. I don't take vitamins or supplement or use special shampoos or topicals. It's not that I don't want to, i just can't buy them here or have them shipped to this country.

I will be visiting Vancouver, BC next month and want to stock up, so if anybody can recommend a good location to purchase health products there, please advise. I'm only there for a week and in a hotel, so ordering on line is problematic. I hoping my only challenge now is recovering some of what has already been lost.

calvicie
calvicie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down