Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath)

+3
isis
tooyoung
teacup
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) Empty I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath)

Post  teacup Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:57 am

I can verify that Betaine HCl with pepsine can eliminate bad breath (caused by digestion)..

If I take Betaine Ihave 0 bad breath, if I skip it or dont take enough the bad breath returns.

I also noticed that banans can cause bad breath.. I am thinking it is the starch content in them.

Even when I took probiotics, the halitosis continued.. but I was pleasantly surprised how it vanished wen HCl was used!
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) Empty Re: I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath)

Post  tooyoung Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:01 am

Interesting, I've just started using betaine. How much are you taking?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath) Empty Re: I found a solutionn to halitosis (bad breath)

Post  isis Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:08 am

isnt it a temporary solution?

i wonder if u have to take this stuff forever or will it balance the breath naturally with time so that u can stop with it.

Please write more on it.

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 am

teacup..

do you have coated tongue while having bad breath? and how is it with Betaine HCl ?

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:10 am

tooyoung wrote:Interesting, I've just started using betaine. How much are you taking?
You determine your dosage so each person is different, I take 5 Betaine HCl with Pepsin from Solaray .. Search this website (using google) for older posts, some mention how to figure out the right dosage.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 am

isis wrote:isnt it a temporary solution?

i wonder if u have to take this stuff forever or will it balance the breath naturally with time so that u can stop with it.

Please write more on it.

do you have coated tongue while having bad breath? and how is it with Betaine HCl ?

You don't have to take this forever, if you increase your stomach acidity then many things will fall into place, no more acid reflux, you will kill bacteria that ferment food in the stomach, other parasites will decline, bile will be produced and the liver will be able to detox better. Eventually your body will be able to make it's own HCl at the correct level.. However, as a person gets older their ability to make HCl declines thus one would need a maintenance dose, or you could take ACV.

I have not looked at the white coating on the tongue, i have had it, it comes and goes.. But i did not take a look recently. I'll have to check and get back to you later, now that I am consistent with the HCl dosage.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:00 pm

If you have a fragile stomach like me, betaine HCl is very aggressive.

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:06 pm

youknow, i have this bad breath problem too. And i live on a very healhty diet for 2 years and nothing changed.. And i wonder where it comes from.

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:49 am

isis wrote:youknow, i have this bad breath problem too. And i live on a very healhty diet for 2 years and nothing changed.. And i wonder where it comes from.

Well bad breath can come from:
1- dental/oral infection
2- mouth bacteria
3- stomach bacteria and fermentation
4- intestinal ..

I take iodine, probiotics, vitamin D .. but it seems the bad breath stopped very quickly when I added Betaine HCl.. leading me to think it may have been caused by fermentation in the stomach. Either way improved digestion due to HCl will improve the conditions in the GI, the healthier your gut/GI the less gas or bad breath you have.. it's all connected.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:25 am

acutally mine is caused by the tongue coating. The more fruits i eat, the more white and thick the coating turns.. and so the breath.

I dont have any infection in the mouth. I wonder if its a colon problem.. or in the mouth?

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:28 am

I might have spoken too quick.. too many variables to isolate, i have halitosis again but i have changed my iodine supplement brand, eaten fruits, skipped some betaine supplements, eaten gluten free bread..

I do have some white coating on the back of the tongue, but it is not increasing or decreasing.

I swear sometimes I feel my skin smells like my breath.. it's almost a rusty metal smell.

I feel, the source of the smell is not the mouth.. it is internal .. sometimes stool smells like my breath and like my skin, and it's somewhat like when you touch metal pipes or pennies. Peculiar.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Surely it depends on the underlying cause? Someone I know cured his bad breath primarily with fluconazole and probiotics, as it was caused by candida in his esophegus.

EDIT -- And as I say, my current belief is that MOST people with MPB have candida issues...
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:23 am

Hoppipolla wrote:Surely it depends on the underlying cause? Someone I know cured his bad breath primarily with fluconazole and probiotics, as it was caused by candida in his esophegus.

EDIT -- And as I say, my current belief is that MOST people with MPB have candida issues...

Thank you Hoppi,
Good theory I've been considering cadida in the guts or fermentation in the stomach as the cause. I have not considered cadida of the esophegus.

I "know" the smell is not from the mouth or tongue.. I am experimenting this morning. I did not eat anything, and the halitosis is there, i took betain HCl now on an empty stomach.. if it is fermentation raising the acidity should stop it and the halitosis should be reduced.

I wonder what the natural alternative to fluconazole is?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:12 am

Love Very Happy

lol

I don't know tbh, I mean erm...

GSE, colloidal silver, coconut oil.. those are the three I hear about the most... and maybe garlic.

There are lots of natural antifungals, but if I knew which were the very best I wouldn't still have (probable) candida! lol Smile

Kefir may still help even for candida in the esophagus... I dunno... ^^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Hoppipolla wrote:Surely it depends on the underlying cause? Someone I know cured his bad breath primarily with fluconazole and probiotics, as it was caused by candida in his esophegus.

I agree, that probably most suffering from MPB have Candida issues. When I got to a point where Candida overgrowth was non-existent, that's when my hair loss completely stopped cold. Here is a possibly relevant study on bad breath.

BMC Public Health. 2009 Mar 13;9:82.
Associations among hair loss, oral sulfur-containing gases, and gastrointestinal and metabolic linked diseases in Japanese elderly men: pilot study.
Ansai T, Awano S, Soh I, Takata Y, Yoshida A, Hamasaki T, Takehara T.

Division of Community Oral Health Science, Department of Health Promotion, Kyushu Dental College, Kitakyushu, Japan. ansai@kyu-dent.ac.jp

BACKGROUND: Male pattern baldness (MPB), an observable trait, has been reported to be associated with various diseases, such as prostate cancer and cardiovascular disease. Oral sulfur-containing gases have also been suggested to be useful as markers of systemic health condition. However, there are no known reports regarding the associations among MPB, and oral sulfur-containing gases, and systemic health conditions in males.

METHODS: We studied 170 male subjects aged either 60 or 65 years old. The degree of MPB was assessed using the Norwood-Hamilton Baldness scale. Oral sulfur-containing gases were measured using a compact-designed device. All subjects completed physical and laboratory blood examinations, a face-to-face medical questionnaire, and an oral examination.

RESULTS: There were significant differences between the levels of CH3SCH3 and baldness patterns, independent of age. When we analyzed whether the association was linked to systemic health condition, a strong significant association was observed between the level of CH3SCH3 and severe MPB in subjects with gastrointestinal diseases, hypertension, and hypercholesterolemia.

CONCLUSION: These results suggest that MPB is associated with the level of CH3SCH3, a sulfur-containing gas that causes oral malodor, in elderly Japanese males. Further, the association was intensified by the existence of gastrointestinal tract and metabolic disorders.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:58 pm

CS, what did you personally find the most beneficial thing to controlling candida overgrowth?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Haha I think we are knocking on MPB's door here! lol

It just makes so much SENSE. I just KNEW there was ONE PESKY THING underpinning MPB in most unhealthier males as they aged. ONE thing Smile

And I think that thing is candida! Not for everyone, of course, but for perhaps 70-80% of balding individuals, IMO. Hell, possibly more!

And heavy metals are tied in too because the darn fungus from hell wants mercury to grow and proliferate (either that or mercury disturbs and kills the good flora, I'm not sure of it's exact effects on the gut yet).

In addition, I believe leaky gut syndrome plays a role in increasing the severity in some people, but I guess that goes without saying really considering that leaky gut is usually caused by candida overgrowth!

And tooyoung, I believe he said a good probiotic when I asked, although I don't thing my 2 day old kefir drinking is giving me any really good die-off yet Sad
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:33 pm

in chinese medicine bad breath/ white tongue coating is caused by to much heat in the liver.

what is MPB by the way?

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:40 pm

isis - MPB is "Male Pattern Baldness".

And I don't follow TCM. I follow SCIENCE! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 am

@hoppipolla science is the present state of error

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:34 am

isis wrote:@hoppipolla science is the present state of error

lol fair enough Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 am

CS, thanks for the study.. I feel like an elderly man , but I'm not Smile

I experimented with my bad breath

1- Yesterday I took 6 betaine HCl pills and the halitosis was almost gone in 20-30 minutes, and was gone for a few hours. less than 6 pills dont make much of a difference it seems

2- This morning I took Oregano oil pill, and the halitosis is gone / or masked by the smell of oregano.
I can smell oregano in my breath now...

Many who take oregano oil burp that oregano smell, in my case it is in my "breath".
I must speculate that my lower esophageal sphincter muscle (LES) must be relaxed (open) .. allowing constant air to move out of my stomach so i can always smell the contents of my stomach... whether it is fermenting food (halitosis) or oregano oil!

So perhaps halitosis is a result of LES low pressure (being open)!

The food fermenting in the stomach ... is fermenting due too organisms , are they candida, I dont know.. I certainly suspect the presence of H. Pylori (based on a strong link to low stomach acidity and acid reflux)

Finally, YES!!! I know! My hair started falling out right around the time I started to experience the following: Bad breath, irritable bowel syndrome, migraines, bad sleep, and major acid reflux episodes (including waking up at night due to food gong up the esophagus)

It feels my body has aged faster than it should.. and I dont want to feel like an elderly man when i'm not Smile
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:59 am

teacup - hm.

Sounds similar to me but not the same. I don't have acid reflux for example, or halitosis.

I would concentrate on candida and bacterial issues (dysbiosis, h. pylori, etc) - I think you might be right there Smile

Joke is, colloidal silver would PROBABLY heal most of us... I think.

Shame I'm so darn scared of the stuff now xD
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:39 am

hey hoppi..

why is it dangerous to take the silver?

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:03 am

Yes, why are you worried about CS? I've never used it but it seems safe enough if prepared correctly ..

My halitosis is my main concern now, more important than the hair loss... The halitosis has gotten worse over the last few days (so has my receding hair line!) .. it smells like there's a dead animal in my stomach .. I don't think it is normal for a "living" human to smell anything like a "dead thing" any where in their body, and this is worrying me!

Edit: I did eat a bit of sweets prior but really not much.. and i changed iodine brands and had a lower dosage as i was trying to figure the correct dose. I also eat a couple apples a day and 1/2 a banana .. i probably should stop eating these , load up on probiotics, ACV, iodine, oregano pills, coconut oil, salt, and take betaine HCL

teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next