Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread

+6
LA-Night
CausticSymmetry
FireFist
Misirlou
theseeker
RobHealthMan
10 posters

Go down

reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread Empty reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:18 am

http://www.dreddyclinic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=11780

thoughts folks? cs?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread Empty Re: reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread

Post  theseeker Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:48 am

I noticed on that forum that it was said that Zinc can drive testosterone metabolism towards the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) pathway and away from the estradiol pathway.

Isn't that a potentially bad thing hair wise?

theseeker

Back to top Go down

reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread Empty Re: reducing estrogen estrodial in men! interesting thread

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:04 pm

theseeker wrote:I noticed on that forum that it was said that Zinc can drive testosterone metabolism towards the dihydrotestosterone (DHT) pathway and away from the estradiol pathway.

Isn't that a potentially bad thing hair wise?

it would seem so! i just asked nidhogge a question on that since his decalcify supplements has zinc and i think CS posted somewhere a while back about Zinc not great for hair.

but like everything else, probably with combinatino of other things it might be helpful...seems like so many supplements are related to one another! Smile

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:06 pm

But why does testosterone have to be converted to DHT when using zinc? Can't zinc just increase testosterone without it being converted?

theseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:35 am

Time to quit zinc orotate supplement? Suspect

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:55 am

Zinc is a great supplement for hairloss.

Its in virtually any good "natural complex capsules" against hairloss.
Derms also suggest using 50mg of zinc to stop increased shedding, its in ZIX/Crinagen topicals... Revivogen etc
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:54 am

I second FireFist.

There's plenty of literature that shows that Zinc is vital.

Here's just one of them:

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/126/4/842.long

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 am

Zinc is a must if you want to stabilize your testosterone/estrogen ratios. It's absolutely necessary, especially if you're combating hair loss.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:36 pm

What would one of the best Zinc supplements be, I've seen so many with different kinds of Zinc, which one is the most beneficial?

theseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:46 pm

For most purposes zinc gluconate.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:02 pm

How does Opti-zinc rate?

sc871

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:53 pm

sc871 wrote:How does Opti-zinc rate?

In addition to Decalcify, I take Optizinc. No complaints. It's a reputable source of zinc.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:For most purposes zinc gluconate.

Thanks CS.

I'm also awaiting my Decalcify, so along with a Zinc gluconate supplement and the zinc Orotate that comes with Decalcify will that be a good combination of Zinc?

theseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  FireFist Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:15 am

One caution note about zinc, if you do take 50mg you need to stop after 2 months (im sure CS will correct me if im wrong) and take a 2 weeks break to balance copper levels.

Appearently zinc depletes copper levels
FireFist
FireFist

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:29 am

FireFist --

That's right, man. Zinc should always be taken w/copper.

Fortunately, Opti-Zinc contains copper.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:30 am

You shouldn't take one without the other, as one of them alone (Zinc? forget which) will cross the BBB.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoss1982 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:40 am

Would taking DIM or 13C be a good idea? I've read DIM is superior to 13C and also the reverse. So I'm hella confused!

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 am

theseeker wrote:But why does testosterone have to be converted to DHT when using zinc? Can't zinc just increase testosterone without it being converted?

It's just a natural result of increased free testosterone. Anytime you increase testosterone there is more available to be converted to DHT and estrogen. You can't increase testosterone and direct it where you want it to go without messing with enzymes.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:23 am

actYou shouldn't take one without the other, as one of them alone (Zinc? forget which) will cross the BBB.

I'm not sure what crossing the BBB has to do with it, but if you are high in copper/low in zinc because they "compete"- you should avoid copper until your levels come back to norm. The only way to know this is a copper blood test AFAIK. Life Extension's One a Day multiple has no copper at all for example. Most people are high in copper and low in zinc.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down