Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
What water filter removes flouride? EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What water filter removes flouride? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What water filter removes flouride? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What water filter removes flouride? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What water filter removes flouride? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What water filter removes flouride? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What water filter removes flouride? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What water filter removes flouride? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
What water filter removes flouride? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What water filter removes flouride?

5 posters

Go down

What water filter removes flouride? Empty What water filter removes flouride?

Post  ailin Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:33 am

For fridge or sink,
ailin
ailin

Back to top Go down

What water filter removes flouride? Empty Re: What water filter removes flouride?

Post  ailin Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:51 am

are the aquasana filters better than regular reverse osmosis ones?
ailin
ailin

Back to top Go down

What water filter removes flouride? Empty Re: What water filter removes flouride?

Post  scottyc33 Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:18 pm

ailin wrote:are the aquasana filters better than regular reverse osmosis ones?

I dont think the aquasana filters remove fluoride.

I use a Berkey filter in my fridge - the only downside is that it is pretty big. The filters last forever though.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:11 am

http://www.thewaterexchange.net/

Anyone have any experience with any of these filters? I want to filter out as much as I can and this seems to be a pretty good bet. Reverse Osmosis is kind of turning me off bc of the supposed high water waste ratios. I've read anywhere from like 3/1 to like 18/1! Apparently they use alumina to

I think we need to figure out the best bet for water filters in terms of efficiency, initial cost, filter replacement, and most importantly effectiveness, and stop drinking toxic water once and for all!

I'd also like to hear from anyone who uses RO about their water bills and any issues or non issues they may have had.

Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Colum Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:24 am

I didn't think any filters were of any longterm use against flouride. I live in the country that has the worlds most flouridated water unfortunately, criminal what they do to the water, but they add other harmful chemicals also. Anyhow after much research at the time I decided the best option was a water distiller, so for last 2 years or so I have been distilling most of my drinking water. reverse osmosis is expensive process, and from various sources of advice it seemed the distilled water was more effective at removing the flouride, was also other concerns of drinking reverse osmosis water.

Colum

Back to top Go down

Post  Red beard Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 am

I have a home RO system. Its very efficient and not very costly. Cost was $350 and replacement filters are about $80 a year. Bought it from freedrinkingwater.

As far as i know, RO and distilling are the only two ways of removing flouride.

I have not heard any concerns of RO water. What have you guys heard?

Red beard

Back to top Go down

Post  Colum Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:18 am

Hi red beard. I know the R/O systems are popular, I can't recall all the reasons why I was steered towards a distiller instead but this article covers some of the subject.

aquatechnology.net/frame85879.html

I purchased a small portable Waterwise distiller which does 4 litres drinking water at a time. I can certainly taste the difference compared to the tap water. It is a good distiller and easy to move, I am happy with it. If I was purchasing again I would take a good look at the more expensive built-in american Polar bear distillers, will likely go for one at some stage.
Regards

Colum

Back to top Go down

Post  Red beard Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 am

Thanks, Colum.

I will wait to comment further until after i read the entire article. But if you want truly clean water then its probably best to get it through organic filters like animals and plants. Fruit juice and cows milk might be the best way if you can get them from organic/grassfed sources. It sounds weird to not drink water but it is possible to get all your liquid from foods.

Red beard

Back to top Go down

Post  Red beard Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:27 pm

After reading that, i can tell they are extremely biased and flat out wrong on a lot of issues. Also they claim that a carbon prefilter on their distiller will take out inorganic compounds like pesticide which is false so if pesticides get through the distillation process then the water cant possibly be pure. The one thing they did bring up which they didnt elaborate at all on is that over time RO will build up mercury/aluminum in the drinking water, i will have to look into that but for now i believe my RO system with 4 prefilters to be making very high quality drinking water and the water has not degraded in the year i have had it based on PPM samples.

Edit, just checked and it appears that VOCs and other pesticides are taken out with a carbon filter. Good to know.

Red beard

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 am

I didn't know that about carbon filters either. I guess they're a little more effective than I gave them credit for... I don't really see how mercury could be built up in the water from an RO system, but I haven't read the article either haha... As for distilling, I've read that it actually can condense a lot of harmful materials making them more potent. Not sure if there is any truth to this either
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down