Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
brown bread EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
brown bread EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
brown bread EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
brown bread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
brown bread EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
brown bread EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
brown bread EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
brown bread EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
brown bread EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

brown bread

+5
samathaalnutt
Balthier
Biffy
Hoppipolla
pancacke
9 posters

Go down

brown bread Empty brown bread

Post  pancacke Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:39 am

Originally called "Schwarzbrot", I've never seen it when traveling so not sure you guys know it. Another translation is coarse rye bread....Anyway I always had the impression it is quite healthy but wanted your opinions on this, eating sourdoughbread all day long gets boring...

pancacke

Back to top Go down

brown bread Empty Re: brown bread

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:20 am

Personally I just tend to watch my grains! My favourites are oats, rice and quinoa, but I'm sure many are healthy. I think the best idea is just to keep wheat to a minimum, to try to choose oats and things instead which have far lower gluten and are easier to digest. Unless of course you have a wheat intolerance or celiac, in which case you may need to be more strict! Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Biffy Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:34 am

Hey! Is rye bread safe to eat? I see that rye is listed at top 10 foods to avoid, but rye bread should be alternative for sourdough bread?

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:05 pm

just plain rye i would skip unless there was no other options at a restaurant or something unless it was sourdough rye which seems somewhat traditional.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  samathaalnutt Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:53 am

Nowadays hair wigs have become another important part of people's daily makeup except clothes and shoes. More and more women especially young girls tend to change their monologue hairdos with colorful wigs. However, to refresh your look from time to time, styling a synthetic wig in hairwigsall.com is also should be paid attention to. The related specific websites can help a lot.

samathaalnutt

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:58 pm

IDK much about the bread you're talking about, but I'd personally avoid grains altogether. A couple of days ago my scalp suffered a severe bout of inflammation from eating several slices of brown fruit bread. I recall experiencing severe inflammation from eating too many portions of weetabix and shredded wheat breakfast cereal a few years back, so stopped eating them, too.

Grains probably cause the worst inflammation - even worse than a ketodiet because the inflammation is so sudden and severe. I've got no doubt that a diet high in grains would induce complete hair loss in less than a year. The stuff is lethal for hair.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Fri May 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Xenon wrote:IDK much about the bread you're talking about, but I'd personally avoid grains altogether. A couple of days ago my scalp suffered a severe bout of inflammation from eating several slices of brown fruit bread.

Xenon wrote:The stuff is lethal for hair.

Agreed and agreed.

The past few days iv been eating alot of grains (toast for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, pizza for dinner) as id never learnt to be cautious of 'good old healthy grains'. I was very suspicious in experiencing this scalp inflammation you described, along with a big shed, as iv managed to stop my shedding dead in its tracks lately due to manuals (DT, dermarolling) and even more recent internals (heavy metal detox, probiotics, krill oil, quercitin, vitamin d, vitamin e -tocosorb, iodine).

Thanks for the observation Xerox, I may not have made the connection without seeing your post.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat May 03, 2014 4:05 am

Hairy showers, ...glad to help out, although I can't really claim credit for the grains / hairloss connection, as it is somewhat common knowledge on the boards. I was aware of grains causing scalp inflammation many years ago, as I recalled inflammation arising every time I ate too much cereal. I didn't understand why grains had this effect, but when I arrived on the boards I was surprised to discover that CS and other board members where discussing this quite in depth.

Another major cause of inflammation is lactic acid in sweat. I'd strongly advise you to wash your scalp after a workout or if your crown has been sweating heavily because lactic acid will linger in your follicles and inflame them.

I used to work in a youth center in my early 20's... every other day me and my colleagues had to undergo strenuous exercises, which resulted in my scalp sweating very strongly. Soon my scalp began to inflame, my hairline began to rapidly recede and I even started to thin at the crown. I didn't realize that this was caused by inflammatory metabolic byproducts in sweat, but now that I do, I immediately cleanse my scalp after every work out. No more inflammation, no more hair loss.

ETA: it could be that men became more susceptible to hairloss than women - throughout the ages - due to a combination of poor personal hygiene and heavy physical activity. Men have always undergone strong physical labour, which no doubt produced more inflammatory metabolic byproducts as they sweated harder. Lack of personal hygiene, i.e., not cleaning the scalp likely contributed to lactic acid build up in follicles and thus premature demise of hair follicles.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Sat May 03, 2014 8:12 am

Xenon wrote:even worse than a ketodiet because the inflammation is so sudden and severe.

Can you share about the inflammation you receive on a keto diet? What were you eating on the keto diet? Thanks
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Sat May 03, 2014 8:47 am

NYJets wrote:
Xenon wrote:even worse than a ketodiet because the inflammation is so sudden and severe.

Can you share about the inflammation you receive on a keto diet? What were you eating on the keto diet? Thanks

Essentially zero carbs, and I ate mainly only protein snacks. It took around about a week or so for my blood pH to become very acidic, then the scalp inflammation began to hit really hard.

IDK if consuming some carbs will prevent ketoacidosis or just slow it down. I guess scalp inflammation would be a good indicator to go by.

As you may be aware I suffered severe scalp inflammation and rapid shedding when I starved myself a few years back... no doubt due to ketoacidosis.

Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue May 06, 2014 1:53 am

Biffy wrote:Hey! Is rye bread safe to eat? I see that rye is listed at top 10 foods to avoid, but rye bread should be alternative for sourdough bread?

Sourdough bread should be an alternative to rye bread.

Sourdough bread has little to no phytic acid and is generally considered the healthiest.

Go for a quality sourdough, look around.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Tue May 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Xenon wrote:
NYJets wrote:

Essentially zero carbs, and I ate mainly only protein snacks. It took around about a week or so for my blood pH to become very acidic, then the scalp inflammation began to hit really hard.

IDK if consuming some carbs will prevent ketoacidosis or just slow it down. I guess scalp inflammation would be a good indicator to go by.

As you may be aware I suffered severe scalp inflammation and rapid shedding when I starved myself a few years back... no doubt due to ketoacidosis.

Protein snacks as in processed bars?

NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down