Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» zombie cells
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptyYesterday at 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?

4 posters

Go down

CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  Empty CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?

Post  sc871 Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:44 pm

CS, are any of the supplements in your regimen classified as diuretics? Or lead to moisture loss in the body?

I have been taking a number of supplements over the last year+, making changes along the way and found this place. In the last month and half or so i dropped a large number of them in favor of yours, I am not taking all of them in your regimen but maybe 75%. I feel better overall but since the change I noticed more dryness of skin…

I know its winter, and my dryness is worsens during this time. From my knowlegde on looking up the supplements did not see anything that could lead to more dryness, but maybe I am missing something...I did not Is there anything to combat this?

sc871

Back to top Go down

CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  Empty Re: CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?

Post  scottyc33 Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:50 pm

sc871 wrote:CS, are any of the supplements in your regimen classified as diuretics? Or lead to moisture loss in the body?

I have been taking a number of supplements over the last year+, making changes along the way and found this place. In the last month and half or so i dropped a large number of them in favor of yours, I am not taking all of them in your regimen but maybe 75%. I feel better overall but since the change I noticed more dryness of skin…

I know its winter, and my dryness is worsens during this time. From my knowlegde on looking up the supplements did not see anything that could lead to more dryness, but maybe I am missing something...I did not Is there anything to combat this?

As you stated, could just be the winter.

Maybe try a humidifier in the bedroom at night?

Hyaluronic acid might help.

Drink more water.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?  Empty Re: CS, any of your supplements diuretics or similar effects?

Post  crincrin Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:17 am

Low cholesterol can lead to dry skin. What supplements are you taking?

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:23 am

I tried humidifiers in the past and it never seemed to help, I am and have been taking HA, in the last month I switch to what CS's list. I drink plenty of water maybe I will try to keep track of it to be sure.

The supplements I am taking:

Ecklonia Cava 1x/day
Cucurmin+Resveratrol
Krill oil 1x/day
ALA 100mg 3x a day, started taking 200mg 3x a day, may jump to RLA
D3/K2 (D3 I take 1k and 5k everyother)
Biotin 5mg 1x/day
Pureway C -2x a day
Brewers Yeast -3tabs 3x a day
Magnesium 400mg 1/day
Ashwagandha 1x/day (using old stock not what CS uses)
Taurine 3x/day
Hyaluronic Acid 1x/day (maybe go up to two)
NAC 1x/day
Selenium 1x/day
L-Carintine 3x/day
Green Tea Extract 1x/day
Kelp 3x/day
Opti-zinc and copper 1x/day
Kudzu Recovery 2-4 a day
Beta Sitosterol 1x/day (dropped saw palmetto and used this for a few months)
Joint Care (Glu/MSM/Chon) 1x/day
Foti 1x/day
Vitamin E 1x/day

Of the ones CS used some are the same brands while others are sourced elsewhere.

Well you mention Low cholesterol, maybe I should drop the Beta-Sit, and go back to Saw Palmetto or drop them both completely...I have been taking Saw Pal for over a year, then switched to Beta-Sit for 3+months, and only recently last month when the cold came did things get bad with the skin.

sc871

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:24 pm

sc871 - Dry skin is generally caused from either a deficiency of unadulterated Omega-6 fatty acid or from low thyroid function.

Over the years, the prevailing thought was that we had plenty of Omega-6 in our diets, however while true, they are mostly adulterated (oxidized) forms and the ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 is 1000:1 in skin.

Moisture in skin is highly dependent on unadulterated forms of Omega-6. There are a few options and please note that everyone is unique (different) in terms of how they react to these oils.

Try supplementing with some borage oil, or some evening primrose oil (EPO sometimes raises NO too much, so be cautious if you try this route), or one can try other forms of unrefined Omega-6 (not cooked, heated, processed, etc).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sc871 Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm

CS,

I was taking a Borage and EPO in the past, and started taking the Borage again (for a week), and I am seeing some improvements, still dry and flaky but back to wear I was a few months ago, tons better than I have been over the last month. Any thoughts on Omega-7? http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWE055/ItemDetail?n=0 I happened to this the past week... It does contain 6 and 9 and 3 as well.

On low thyroid, I can say is I am cold all the time, sub 50 I have thermals on and I have been monitoring my basal temp in the morning for the last 2 weeks. I have been using a digital Basal thermometer (underarm) and a digital thermometer in the mouth. I mainly average mid 96F with the mouth reading being .2F higher than the underarm, that .2 is consistent everyday. The lowest I saw was two days at 95.7 and the highest was 2 days at 97.1. Reading across the internet it should be in the upper 97's to low 98's.

In researching hypo and hyper-thyroidism I have symptoms of both, but mainly hypothyroidism. One question I have is how if any does room temperature have on body temperature? I sleep in the basement were it is cold/dark typically between 54F (winter) to 62F (summer), however under the blankets I am fine and feel warm.

sc871

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down