Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax

4 posters

Go down

Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax Empty Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax

Post  Gibson Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:38 am

Here's the press release:

* Thursday, 02 December 2010

New York, United States Biotivia, a leading manufacturer of bioceutical supplements for the medical, consumer and functional food markets, has released the worlds first concentrated Pterostilbene supplement, PteroMax, patent pending. Pterostilbene is derivative of some fruits, such as blue berries, and is closely related to resveratrol, the so-called miracle red wine molecule. In studies done by researchers affiliated with the US Department of Agriculture pterostilbene has shown stronger effects in the reduction of cholesterol and improvement of cognitive function. It is what scientists call a stilbene, one of a class of molecules that are found in grapes and some other fruits. Stilbenes are known to activate genes that create proteins in human cells that have been associated with a wide range of beneficial effects.

Pterostilbene, a compound which has been identified as the molecule in blue berries responsible for their health and medical benefits, is being called the next generation resveratrol. Pure pterostilbene is the key ingredient in this new supplement.

Pterostilbene, a biologically active analog of resveratrol which has exhibited potential cognitive, chemo-preventative, and cholesterol lowering properties even superior in some respects to those of pure resveratrol, is combined with Biotivia’s trans-resveratrol, polydatin, and a complex of OPCs and fruit extracts. PteroMax is the first stilbene complex supplement. Because stilbenes are difficult to work with and subject to oxidation creating a dietary supplement which contains these molecules has been a challenge to manufacturers. PteroMax is stabilized by the addition of a complex of polyphenols from red wine grapes, green tea and Japanese Knotweed, and protected from oxidation by a patented oxygen scavenging packaging system.

PteroMax is also the first Multi-Stilbene, Multi-Polyphenol Complex modeled upon the work of the stilbene and resveratrol biologists, physicians and biochemists who have been researching resveratrol and other stilbenes at medical schools in the US, Europe and Asia.

James Betz, founder and CEO of Biotivia said: “PteroMax is a new and innovative chemo-protective longevity supplement which represents 4 years of research and development by our scientists working in collaboration with our research partners. Pterostilbene is the most interesting and potentially promising molecule to be investigated since the landmark study at Harvard on resveratrol. .

PteroMax contains 100mg of concentrated Trans-pterostilbene. This dosage corresponds to the studies and trials in which Pterostilbene activated a range of desirable biological processes and pathways.

Polydatin, a close cousin of resveratrol and pterostilbene which has also been shown to have metabolic and genetic effects even greater then resveratrol, has never been offered in a dietary supplement before. Polydatin, Pterostilbene and Resveratrol are safe and non toxic plant based compounds.

Both Pterostilbene and Polydatin, are known to have synergistic effects when combined with resveratrol. The polyphenols in PteroMax are highly active antioxidants which greatly increase the bioavailability of the stilbenes in the blood and tissues. extraordinary anti-inflammatory and immune modulatory effects.

Betz continues: "Now that Biotivia has introduced the world’s first Pterostilbene formulation we expect to see a raft of companies jumping on this bandwagon, just as happened following our introduction of the original resveratrol supplement over five years ago. It is important to do your own research and make a one-for-one comparison before you spend hard earned dollars on an advanced supplement. Experience, Science, Quality Control, and Knowledge are important factors to take into consideration when evaluating any dietary supplement.

This press release was distributed via SourceWire, a service from Daryl Willcox Publishing, on behalf of Biotivia. For more information visit http://www.dwpub.com/pressreleasewires

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax Empty Re: Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax

Post  9rugrats5 Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:52 am

Hmm, interesting. I've barely seen resveratrol being mentioned in these forums, and did a web search on it to know the basics, and out popped another news.

http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/articles/2010/12/02/glaxo_halts_development_of_sirtriss_resveratrol/

Is resveratrol present in green grapes too, to a lesser extent?
-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax Empty Re: Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax

Post  scottyc33 Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:49 pm

This is interesting.

But I wonder about the safety of these things some times. I wonder if there might not be some unidentifed, unintended consequences with some of these supps.

Don't get me wrong - I do take resveratrol and will continue to do so since resveratrol combined with curcumin has stopped my hair loss.

However, the same basic logic that leads me to shy away from megadosing Vitamin D, makes me shy away from these supps.

That being, if you can't possible get these high levels of actives from food, SHOULD you be getting them at all?

From the site:

"It’s eqivalent to 200 lbs of Blueberries + 12 bottles of wine + 1100 pounds of grapes in every capsule!"

Plus, at $45 a bottle, I'll let others experiment first Smile.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Biotivia's price is comparably more expensive. This reflects its high quality of resveratrol.

That stated, I have tried Biotivia's, Jarrow's, Country Life's, Nature's Way's, and could not really see/feel a big difference hair-wise. Perhaps if I was using it for something other than hair loss (say, weight loss control, energy boost, or something), the difference would have been more apparent.

Still, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that herbs may be better taken as a whole, "true full spectrum," rather than isolating one part.

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Biotivia Release Resveratrol Related Supplement, Pteromax Empty Grapes and resveratrol in news again

Post  9rugrats5 Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:42 pm

This time more positive news. Study in mice shows grapes and resveratrol can help fight excess weight, insulin resistance, etc. Just the news links here-

http://www.sawfnews.com/Health/66086.aspx
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/health/Grape-compound-increases-good-fat-hormone/articleshow/7241145.cms

-9r5-
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down