Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more?

2 posters

Go down

Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? Empty Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more?

Post  gbp2000 Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:55 am

Ok, I've kept meaning to mention this, but Iodine doesn't do anything for me, good or negative.

I've been using lugols. I did the test and it took 4-5 to disappear off my wrist.

I have kept upping my dosage - I don't have any extra feeling of energy or anything - its quite wierd.

All of my hair is quite fine - as I've mentioned for the first few months, a newly regrown hair is thicker than the follicles even on the side or the back, but after a while, it settles down...

I thought this might be thyroid related - but surely I would either be detoxing or feeling great?

As far as I can see, I have no obvious source of Iodine... but I can only assume I'm not deficient.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? Empty Re: Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more?

Post  gbp2000 Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:57 pm

I'm considering that I have a deficient Iodine transport.

I would have expected some side effects or benefits thought.

Anyway, I am going to restart Iodine at a much higher daily dose.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more? Empty Re: Maybe I'm not Iodine Deficient and never needed more?

Post  gbp2000 Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:37 am

I tend to add sea salt to glass of water everyday in the morning. I'm now wondering if this has kept my iodine levels up.

I am currently supplementing my daily iodine with vitamin c, to see if I have a defective transport. If not then I really can't see my body needing the iodine.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:52 am

A question that held me back from increasing iodine for long: how do you know when it's enough?

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:35 pm

I guess most people follow the advice and amounts here, until they get through the detox.

I seem to be able to take very large amounts (20 drops a day, 14% Lugols) and see nothing, I don't see any point in exceeding that right now.

Until I know if I have some sort of defect with Iodine transport I can't really say more, sorry Sad

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down