Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells

+3
blueway
TheFunkyStumpfighter
CausticSymmetry
7 posters

Go down

Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells Empty Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:10 am

Clin Exp Dermatol. 2010 Aug 27. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2230.2010.03917.x.
Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells.
Feng M, Yang G, Wu J.

Department of Dermatology, Research Institute of Wound Healing and Tissue Engineering of Chongqing, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China.

Background.  Dermal papilla cells (DPCs) are specialized fibroblasts found in the hair follicle papilla, which are associated with the development and cycle regulation of hair follicles (HFs). DPCs exhibit a multilayer aggregative growth character, which is closely related to induction of HF formation. Versican, a large chondroitin sulphate proteoglycan and one of the major components of the extracellular matrix, is involved in the formation of HF. Methods.  To confirm the relationship between versican and the aggregative growth of DPCs, we first induced and established an aggregative cell model in DPCs in vitro, with cells taken to passage 8. Simultaneously, aggregative passage 2 DPCs and nonaggregative passage 8 DPCs were selected as parallel controls. RNA interference (RNAi) targeted to versican was used in passage 2 DPCs using a lentiviral vector. Reverse transcriptase (RT)-PCR and western blotting were used to assay the expression of versican in DPCs. Results.  RNAi targeted to versican efficiently suppressed the aggregative growth of passage 2 DPCs, and the inhibitory effect was significant 3 days after RNAi treatment. The mRNA and protein levels of versican were also downregulated in passage 2 DPCs, and were lower than levels in nonaggregative passage 8 DPCs. Notably, the aggregative growth of nonaggregative passage 8 DPCs was restored after induction in a 1 : 1 v/v mixture of fresh DMEM and medium recycled from a previous passage. Conclusion.  Versican is a key gene for the aggregative growth of DPCs, and might be significant in the regeneration of HF.

I've been wondering about this for some time, because chondroitin sulfate is essentially a mucopolysaccharide involved in connective tissue and while it would stand to act as material for increase proliferation of dermal papilla, it also possesses anti-clotting mechanisms based on earlier research last century.

This is significant because coagulation problems are a factor in hair loss and inducing versican has been shown to abrogate DKK-1 driven balding (see other post on magnesium ascorbal phosphate).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells Empty Re: Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:31 am

With some further digging, I found a very interesting quote, and it makes this theory all the more compelling:

A heart attack patient with a history of cerebro-vascular attacks took on a protocol of of high-dose chondroitin sulfate, as follows:

10 grams of oral chondroitin sulfate, then reducing down to 3 grams after 4 months and then down to 1500 mgs after five months. Upon the initial two months, there was a dramatic, persistent improvement noted.

All black-outs ceased; remarkable improvement in vision; able to walk without assistance; able to walk 6 miles each morning; notable hair growth.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells Empty Re: Versican targeting by RNA interference suppresses aggregative growth of dermal papilla cells

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Any thought on whether or not it would be worth trying high dose chondroitin out for hair loss purposes? It's likely that I'm going to retry wounding around the beginning of the new year using the new Caregen formula with the WNT mimicking peptide, maybe a few months on high dose chondroitin would be beneficial in that regard (though not something as high as 10g a day). Luckily a pound of chondroitin sulfate is pretty cheap.

Also, it's too damn bad MAP is so expensive, otherwise I would have jumped on that boat ages ago.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:51 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:With some further digging, I found a very interesting quote, and it makes this theory all the more compelling:

A heart attack patient with a history of cerebro-vascular attacks took on a protocol of of high-dose chondroitin sulfate, as follows:

10 grams of oral chondroitin sulfate, then reducing down to 3 grams after 4 months and then down to 1500 mgs after five months. Upon the initial two months, there was a dramatic, persistent improvement noted.

All black-outs ceased; remarkable improvement in vision; able to walk without assistance; able to walk 6 miles each morning; notable hair growth.

You can have the same effect with high-dose biotin

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:01 am

blueway - What do you mean? You can regrow hair with high dose biotin?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:13 am

Funky--

Caregen has a new formula? Oh, do share. Smile

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:42 am

Yeah, that Renokin topical that briefly made the rounds a month ago. Here's the link to its contents:

http://www.renokin.com/index.php?pgname=home/sub_composition

I don't recall any of their other formulas having both nokkin and a WNT mimicking peptide, but could be wrong about that. It's too bad you couldn't just order the peptides alone as opposed to having to buy a topical with all that other stuff, but I'm on board with any product that could help with wounding induced follicle regeneration.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  blueway Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:49 am

tooyoung wrote:blueway - What do you mean? You can regrow hair with high dose biotin?

Biotin can use to growth existing hairs (1-5g/day), not regrowth.

Sorry for my bad english.

blueway

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:28 am

CS - what are your current views on Chrondoitin Sulphate at high doses for hair growth?
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:51 am

I did this for a while, but the chondroitin sulphate wasn't seeing me eye to eye. Would get really anxious and heart would race about half the time, gave it up after a few weeks when the sides didn't dim up at all.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  tonyj Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:24 am

I don't remember where I read this about Biotin, but you could take a high dosage without any ill effects.
tonyj
tonyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down