Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Shedding on PM EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Shedding on PM EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Shedding on PM EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Shedding on PM EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Shedding on PM EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Shedding on PM EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Shedding on PM EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Shedding on PM EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Shedding on PM EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Shedding on PM

4 posters

Go down

Shedding on PM Empty Shedding on PM

Post  halfempty Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:07 pm

So, what do you guys think I should do?

I have noticed a major increase in shedding along with some breast pain. I should mention that I am also on Dut, and have been for a couple of years now. Maybe the combo is too much or something, cuz my shower is full of my hair now and i get hairs in my hands just from running my hand through.

Right now I am at 2 tabs EOD. I wonder if I should taper it down back to 1 EOD and then stop? I mean I know that some say that shedding is a good thing in the beginning of a treatment. What do you guys think? Taper down and stop? Follow my gut feeling and stop? Keep it going?

I should mention that I stopped laser therapy for over a month now as I waiting on some diodes to come in. That might have something to do with it. But who the hell knows!

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Shedding on PM Empty Re: Shedding on PM

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:10 pm

halfempty - No one that I know has used PM Kudzu with Dut, so it's totally up in the air. Probably the best thing is to stopped the PM and hope for the best.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:23 am

Stopping the lasers may also be causing an upward trend in inflammation causing the hairs to fall out as well! Sad Get back on that! Those diodes'll be coming soon. Smile

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:34 am

I don't think I will be getting back on the PM. It appears that my shedding has stopped since I have halted the PM use.

It is important to note that I believe the reason for this is because I am also on dutasteride.

For some reason, anytime I take any type of estrogen mimicking or hormone modulating supplement, I shed. I believe that this happened with 7 HMR lignans as well as Pomegranate Extract.

It would probably be different if I was not on Dut anymore. I am actually considering going back on finasteride. I get some pretty bad brain fog and I think it is because of the dut!

How is your hair Nid? I heard you recently did your first treatment with your full coverage helmet.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:55 am

Hey Half--

It's actually going pretty damned well. It's a couple weeks now on the full coverage helmet, I actually did about 35+ minutes with it this morning (last time I did it though I think was on friday or thursday). I'm looking forward to the hair growth factors that should be in hopefully this week or mid-next week, as I now have my entire wounding protocol in order. This is the ultimate test for me really and I'll be focusing it primarily on my temples and natural hairline as that will be where I could easily measure photographic results. I'm so stoked...

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:45 am

half empty : hi ! please, tell us why you think your shed is related to PM because of the dut ?
you explained thath PM mimicked oestrogens, and according to you it's not a good thing...

I have another question : Why don't you wait a little bit....shed is often a good sign no ? that means that you experience bad scalp condition along your shed, taht makes you think it's nogood news ?

I'm aking you those questions because i experienced shedding too with 7 HMR after 2-3 months, with scalp inflammation.... ( itching, heat and few pimples or little eczema)...and i really wonder if i should make another try...
I remember telling me when i was shedding, hang on hang on, it's a good sign...but it lasted too much long for my taste with scalp conditions. so i gave up. i remember having sides regarding libido ( erectile problems, very soft erections). i know 7 HMR tricks with oestrogen, should tend to balance , but it seems that it had an impact on my sexual drive...
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:39 am

europe - So far the one supplement that helps balance hormones that hasn't received any negative response so far is Maca.

Another one that hasn't seemed to present any negatives so far is DIM (Diindolylmethane). These might be viable alternatives.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:48 am

Thanx immortal ! i've made a special post on sides i experience on Ecklonia.
I forgot to say i also started maca....but stopped few days ago in order to test EC / probiotics...

I'll be back to maca....
1) So, how many teaspoon /day would be an effective dosage ?
2) don't u think it would be wise to start again 7 HMR after beein on probiotic ? ( I don't know 1-2 months after probiotics ? )
3) Why is that 7 HMR / lignans / PM can really fuck up the scalp condiiton and therfore hair in some people, and good for others ? and if a shed occurs starting one of these, how do we know it is a "good" shed versus a shed that will never end....

tuff questions.....loosers are here for that...Asking weird and silly questions...
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:04 pm

europe - 7-HMR lignans is a really confusing issue, and I'm not sure any of us will have it figured out for some time. I have had some periods of shedding in the initial months when starting out on lignans, but over the last year and half I have not experienced any shedding.

The only possible explanations come to mind (1) It may cause shedding as an the exogen stage precedes a new growth phase (2) It may not be right for you (3) The intestinal environment is unable to convert to Enterolactone (4) It maybe caused from something else.

The Maca dosage is pretty high. Personally I like to use 1.5 grams two times per day. According to studies it seems that 3 grams should be the minimum to take per day.

If you go by teaspoon, perhaps a two to three per day.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:47 pm

I really appreciate your 4 points vision on 7 HMR....
that should be read by every one on this forum !

Like Kramer said on Seinfeld : " I'm human ! "

That really says it all ! from the researchers, the scientists to the ones who experience, test...
Thanx again for your time and kindness.
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down