Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals

3 posters

Go down

Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals Empty Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals

Post  teacup Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:46 am

I love the IH regimen, however it lacks in minerals and multi vitamins. I'd LOVE to have a list down here of all the minerals and vitamins one should get into their system every day, in addition to the IH regimen. I am assuming it is better to purchase individual minerals and vitamins and take them than to use one-for-all-men kind of multi vitamin that someone decided had the right amount of the good stuff.

So, If I am only taking the IH regimen and no other supplements, what are the minerals and vitamins that would be good to add?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals Empty Re: Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals

Post  teacup Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 am

To add:
I am assuming a multi vitamin is not recommended when on the IH regimen due to these 2 factors:

1- getting too much of certain things (due to being on the IH regimen, for example I am taking 3 pills magnesium/day and 10-20 brewers yeast/day, vitamin D + K and biotin ..)

2- Having the multivitamins counteract the good benefits from the IH diet. Whether it is the quality of the ingredients, heavy metals or contamination of the vitamin pills, but even more importantly the ingredients themselves working against each other and/or against the IH regimen. For instance a multi vitamin with vit C could work against resv/curcumin if taken together. So, it may not be the best choice to dump everything in one pill and ingest all together.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals Empty Re: Supplementing the IH Regimen with vitamins and minerals

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:17 am

Start with your pH, worry about minerals and vitamins (always go food based) afterward.

Back to top Go down

Post  MAO Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:00 am

a<r - Do you think that the minerals should be food based or just the vitamins? Are you using supplemental ionic/colloidal minerals at the moment or relying on naturally rich food sources such as seaweed, avc etc?

MAO

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:04 am

MAO wrote:a<r - Do you think that the minerals should be food based or just the vitamins? Are you using supplemental ionic/colloidal minerals at the moment or relying on naturally rich food sources such as seaweed, avc etc?

The minerals if taken colloidal/ionic are in a way food based, as they are in the form that one would get if they ate a plant from a mineral rich soil. I rely on Seaweed, and colloidal minerals though I have more absorbably Ionic minerals on the way.

The point I'm trying to stress is that it's more or less a waste of time to focus on these things until the body acidity is properly addressed, it would be like buying the most expensive flower seeds for a patch of dried up, unhospitable dirt. Sure the flowers are expensive, strong, and would be beautiful, but they depend on the evironment they are subjected to.

Drink lots of lemon water, drink lots of ACV.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:50 am

teacup - Years ago, I had a page on my regimen page of all the vitamins and minerals one should take.

I later deleted it because I was faced with two problems. The first was that the page looked too overwhelming (too much information), and I think it discouraged people). The second reason was that in the past, I wasn't sure about any single product that contained everything.

I believe there are a few possible solutions to the mineral problem though, but I have not had enough people try it out to say for certain. Desiccated liver is one of the richest, most natural sources of all minerals needed by the human body.

I've been taking brewer's yeast (a source of tin, and other minerals and natural b-vitamins) plus supplemental manganese, and many others for a while.

Minerals and natural sourced vitamins are perfected suited to this natural regimen.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:08 pm

CS, if I'm taking enough brewer's yeast doesnt look like i'd need the Dessicated Liver.
What do you think about addressing the body pH before worrying about the supplements?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:59 pm

teacup - The best way to balance pH is to normalize the thyroid gland. However, if the reference to pH has to do with food intake relative to pH, or using pH strips, then I must state that this kind of thing has been well circulated throughout the last few decades and it is unfortunately, untrue.

Both urine and saliva pH are a waste of time. The acid/alkaline balance theories have only been proven false.

If anyone believes this stuff, this please do your due diligence and look for proof. What you will find is that if any reference is given, it will be in a chapter in a book, with not a proper study within that book's reference to validate it.

Clinicians have found the acid/alkaline balance to be junk science. However, pH balance by diet has certainly sold a lot of books. I was quite interested in the whole premise in the mid-90's and after considerable period, it later become evidence that the science was seriously flawed.

Thyroid can be disrupted easily by anything that causes electron depletion. and electron depletion is the cause of pH problems anyway. Whatever is in the urine or saliva will not be a proper measure of pH nor will it allow a way to govern it.

All diseases that are said to be affected by acid/alkaline imbalance are actually conditions worsened by electron depletion.

So using potent, long lasting antioxidants and normalizing the thyroid (removal of heavy metals, and using iodine and selenium and other supportive nutrients) and really go a long way towards balance.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Hey CS, what do you think of the idea that the substances needed for the thyroid gland to regulate pH won't be properly assimilated in an electron depleted system?

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:45 pm

A < R - Well, being that I've seen extraordinary results based on orthomolecular supplementation of these very patients, those suffer from metabolic diseases (cardiovascular, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, neurological, cancer, etc), respond so well, I know from experience as well as the experience of others that the idea of pH in the context mentioned earlier is utter junk, I am sorry to say.

As far as pH is concerned, the respiratory system alone can govern its balance quite adequately. Secondly, the proper pH of the digestive system works better below 5.5, and any higher than that there are problems. We have lactic acid bacteria that thrive in a more acidic digestive system.

Of course during cancer, there is a problem with producing bicarbonate, and the thyroid has a lot to do with that.

Its relationship to the kidneys are intimately involved, and how the kidneys produce and regulate this process is important. Alkalizing simply doesn't work for all metabolic types. Alkalize or die has already died along with colon hydrotherapy.

I think I should try and bury this before it gets out of hand, so here is more information:

We produce about less than 0.05% of the acid from the foods we consume. The majority of the acid we make is therefore not from food, it is from our metabolism (production of energy).

Also, I am confident that the acid/alkaline theory bunkum for a few reasons besides that. My curiosity peak when I had asked for proof, because like most others who are interested in health, was there any truth to all these wild claims we have all heard through these books?

I had found more than a few who had every sound reason to doubt the theory because they already proved it false t themselves by observing their patients acid production when they were on diets (avoiding acidic foods). No one had actually found any difference in acid production.

If that's still not enough proof, well there is now more:

http://www.nutritionj.com/content/8/1/41/abstract

Researchers in the above study looked a few factors, such as whether or not a diet high in phosphoric acid affected urine calcium loss, overall calcium balance, and markers indicating excessive bone loss.

In twelve studies examining the effects of various levels of dietary phosphoric acid intake. All 12 followed a total of 269 people. Just three of the studies did, in fact, report an increase in the amount of acid excreted in the urine from elevated phosphoric acid intake.

The increase in acid urine did not result in a loss of calcium. So what happened?.............................
(drum roll)................

The exact opposite happened!

All 12 studies showed significant decreases in urine calcium excretion in response to phosphate supplements whether the calcium intake was high or low.

"All of the findings from this meta-analysis were contrary to the acid-ash hypothesis. Higher phosphate intakes were associated with decreased urine calcium and increased calcium retention. This meta-analysis did not find evidence that phosphate intake contributes to demineralization of bone or to bone calcium excretion in the urine."

How our bodies produce energy is 99.5% more significant than the acid-ash theory.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm unsure of what you're referring to be junk science, the whole "alkalize" craze of eating alkaline substances or the reconstitution of a healthy H+ presence in our body?

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:01 am

CS, thanks for explaining the pH part. I've heard similar views in the past, I found that ND doctors seem to emphasize this more. But, I am not concerned about Ph. This post is about minerals and vits that can aid the IH regimen.

So, back to the main point, you said that you had a list of minerals and vitamins on the IH regimen page but removed them because they overwhelmed people.

I wont be overwhelmed. I want to give the IH regimen every possible chance to succeed, so I do want to know what to take in addition to the IH top6 etc.. in terms of which minerals and which multi-vitamins / or single vitamins to take.

Dessicated liver is not coming from organic cows, also it seems to have only a few things, iron and B12 and sodium .. and I do take about 20 brewers yeast a day so what else should I take to get the mineral and vits that are still missing from my current supplementation regimen?

I've read here in another post about a product called ConcenTrace - any idea if this is good for mineral supplementation?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:53 am

action<reaction wrote:I'm unsure of what you're referring to be junk science, the whole "alkalize" craze of eating alkaline substances or the reconstitution of a healthy H+ presence in our body?

action<reaction - Thanks for the clarification. I think I missed out on some posts related to this.
Can you direct me to where this is discussed. I'm guessing it's on that very long post, but I haven't been able to catch up to it the last day or two.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:00 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
action<reaction wrote:I'm unsure of what you're referring to be junk science, the whole "alkalize" craze of eating alkaline substances or the reconstitution of a healthy H+ presence in our body?

action<reaction - Thanks for the clarification. I think I missed out on some posts related to this.
Can you direct me to where this is discussed. I'm guessing it's on that very long post, but I haven't been able to catch up to it the last day or two.

It's okay CS, you're a busy dude.

I still only have a vague total understanding of it, but I wouldn't call what we're doing alkalizing at all, there will be a lot of information from page 31 onward in that god-awfully long thread, and Kindalo has made a thread called "please deacidify to restore your hair" where there's some interesting stuff.

I'd be gracious if you'd read those pages mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:05 am

teacup wrote:CS, thanks for explaining the pH part. I've heard similar views in the past, I found that ND doctors seem to emphasize this more. But, I am not concerned about Ph. This post is about minerals and vits that can aid the IH regimen.

So, back to the main point, you said that you had a list of minerals and vitamins on the IH regimen page but removed them because they overwhelmed people.

I wont be overwhelmed. I want to give the IH regimen every possible chance to succeed, so I do want to know what to take in addition to the IH top6 etc.. in terms of which minerals and which multi-vitamins / or single vitamins to take.

Dessicated liver is not coming from organic cows, also it seems to have only a few things, iron and B12 and sodium .. and I do take about 20 brewers yeast a day so what else should I take to get the mineral and vits that are still missing from my current supplementation regimen?

I've read here in another post about a product called ConcenTrace - any idea if this is good for mineral supplementation?

teacup - The interesting thing about food based supplements is that they never list everything that is actually in them with respect to vitamins and minerals. Instead, they will list more common items that maybe more reliable in terms of quantity.

What they won't list in the case of both Brewer's yeast and dessicated liver is many vitamins and minerals. Regulation prohibit them from printing all the details.

If you take Brewer's yeast, then you could add iodine, selenium, magnesium and manganese.

Or you could try taking dessicated liver (which has just about all the vitamins and minerals needed, in the correct form).

Concentrace is decent, it contains an electric charge. It is some in both capsules and liquid form. In capsule form it is often accompanies some much larger item, so it is usually part of a formula.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:06 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
Concentrace is decent, it contains an electric charge. It is some in both capsules and liquid form. In capsule form it is often accompanies some much larger item, so it is usually part of a formula.

Is this still what you're using CS? Or have you switched to another one?

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Thanks CS for the details.
To add to action<reaction 's question,
I found these:
not dessicated http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Liver-Caps-100-Capsules/666?at=0
dessicated: http://www.iherb.com/Solgar-Desiccated-Liver-250-Tablets/11320?at=0
Neither use organic beef, is this a concern (wont the liver contain toxins)?

Is desicated liver basically raw liver since it's not cooked and only dried?

I never eat liver. I wonder if it makes sense to purchasing and drying (or cooking) organic chicken liver to add to the diet.

Thanks again, great discussion
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down