Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Best Probiotic? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Best Probiotic? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Best Probiotic? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best Probiotic? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Best Probiotic? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Best Probiotic? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Best Probiotic? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best Probiotic? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best Probiotic? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best Probiotic?

+5
LittleFighter
CausticSymmetry
Misirlou
teacup
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best Probiotic? Empty Best Probiotic?

Post  teacup Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:58 am

What is the best probiotic product that has the best strains?

I heard some strains cause inflamation (we want to avoid this)
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Best Probiotic? Empty Re: Best Probiotic?

Post  teacup Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:48 am

Bump bounce
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:47 am

I'm guessing here:
Sauerkraut. Organic kefir.
And the ones from Dr.Ohhira and Jarrows.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 am

For the greatest percentage of active (live) cultures, a good rule of thumb is only buy probiotics that require refrigeration. Though I would easily trust Dr. Ohhira years of invaluable testing on the subject and his subsequent probiotic non-refrigerated supplement line, even if they are a little too pricey for my blood. I especially like this probiotic though ...

Nature's Way Primadophilus Bifidus
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=15&ved=0CF8QFjAO&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naturesway.com%2FProducts%2FProbiotics%2F6860-Primadophilus-Bifidus.aspx&ei=cRt8TKDJDMO78gbb_5TyBg&usg=AFQjCNG-zGE-I1ekZ6ZP3gsK5LRn4R2GbQ

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:15 pm

teacup - This one is really impressive.

http://www.iherb.com/Sedona-Labs-iFlora-Multi-Probiotic-New-Formula-60-Veggie-Caps/7406?at=0

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:37 am

Thanks, I think we have a good list here.

Which of the strains is the "most beneficial" for people?
Does anyone know the strain that causes inflammation (heard about it but didn't get what it was called)?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:10 am

That's somewhat tough to answer...

If you have gut problems, bad digestion, dysbiotic, the best way (based on what I've researched and my own experience), the best way to go is to use STRAIN SPECIFIC, probiotics, for example Lactobacillus Acidophilus LA5 and LA1. Lactobacillus Acidophilus is not Lactobacillus Acidophilus LA1 nor Lactobacillus Acidophilus LA5... there can be important differences in what they do.

Some probiotics, if you have dysbiosis, or over do them, might make you feel like hell due to die off or additional inflammation due to a loss of tolerance to bacteria due to Leaky gut and other problems (not making this up).

Some seem like heaven sent... Lactobacillus GG.

Some studies have shown little benefit when you combine many strains of probiotics; however when you take them in isolation you see great benefits (immunity, rising SIgA, lower inflammation, etc).

Kefir is another story... because all strains are living in natural equilibrium, in symbiosis, they have more chances of surviving and providing benefits to the host instead of competing against each other to some degree,

For general health and maintenance, Kefir and / or yogurt (made by yourself) are among the best options. Also good prebiotics MUST be used, IMHO.

Proven anti-inflammatory, *highly* researched, hardy, of human origin, extremely safe, highly sticky, works at the gene level, highly specific probiotic strain:

** Lactobacillus GG (my number 1 recommendation)

(there are others I will talk about them later)

Because it reduces inflammation systemically and boosts antioxidant capacity on the host, it's antiallergenic, antipathogen, it should benefit your hair growing efforts.

Gut flora has to with EVERYTHING inside your body... Even what genes are ON, regardless of your bad genes.
Something to read http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com/

I'm starting a new thread today for fixing your GUT!!! Sorry to EVERYONE... haven't had ANY TIME at all lately... will share what I've got with you...

Thanks!
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:15 am

Forgot to mention that kefir might be the best option if your gut is inflammed or in a bad shape... you might react to the yeasts and other 1000 elements in it...

If you are in a very good shape like CS and a few others, Kefir is a GREAT option!

The idea to fix dysbiosis is to keep a regimen for some time... a combo of probiotics and specific prebiotics. more about that soon...
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:20 am

Couldn't resist posting this:

Healthcare: DNA Testing vs. Diet and Exercise

Contributions of genetic alleles to disease are useful for understanding, but not in predicting disease. Diet and lifestyle are the major determinants of disease and not genes for most common diseases.

OTC Genetic Screening Kits

A recent headline touted the availability of a kit at Walgreens to screen for “predisposition” to a hundred common diseases. A few months earlier, scientists admitted that after lengthy examination of a dozen major diseases, the genetic contribution was negligible. It may now be possible to cheaply (less than $25,000) determine the sequence of the entire genome of an individual or even more cheaply test for the presence of particular genetic alleles, but that information is useless compared to diet for predicting if the person will actually get the disease. The screening kits were pulled before they reached the shelves.

Gut Flora Dominates Gut Genotype

I think that the reason why an individual’s genes don’t dominate health issues, is because the composition of meals dominates the development of the gut flora community and it is the interaction between the gut and its bacteria that dominates health. The genes of the individual are just not that important in determining disease.

You Are What You Ate

For each individual, the meals eaten over the last years have cultivated the existing gut flora, composed of hundreds of different species of bacteria with unique metabolic capabilities to digest unusual meal molecules and modulate the immune system. Molecular communication between gut and the bacteria in intimate contact determine food intolerance, allergies, autoimmunity and many other disease processes. Healthy eating produces a healthy gut flora and bad meal decisions can lead to unhealthy gut flora and the modern litany of inflammatory ailments. Some genes may mitigate or magnify the development of unhealthy gut flora, but it is difficult to be healthy with compromised gut flora.

Antibiotic Disruption of Gut Flora Trumps Good Genes

It doesn’t matter if there are great genes to help avoid disease, if the function of those genes is compromised by gut dysbiosis, a lack of functional gut flora. Many antibiotic treatments, e.g. for acne, act by attacking the gut flora that support a specific portion of the immune system. Deletion of this function causes cosmetic improvement, e.g. relief of skin inflammation, but at the expense of producing a dysfunctional immune system that may lead to other diseases. Presence or absence of healthy genes can be made irrelevant, if the gut flora is dysfunctional.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 am

Little Fighter, once you start the new thread please post a URL to it here so it's easy to find.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:42 am

This is the one I recently started using. http://www.iherb.com/New-Chapter-Organics-Probiotic-All-Flora-60-Capsules-Ice/18068?at=0

It's only been a few days but my complexion (I've had crappy skin since puberty) is defintely clearer. I've used numerous other quality probiotics such as Primal Defense and never noticed anything but the New Chapter one is definitely helping. I wonder if it's because of the other ingredients such as the fermented soy, inulin, and apple that it contains that makes it so effective? Has anyone ever used this product?

I found out about it here http://www.acne.org/messageboard/combination-fiber-prob-t187542.html where someone claimed it got rid of their acne.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:56 am

teacup wrote:What is the best probiotic product that has the best strains?

I heard some strains cause inflamation (we want to avoid this)

IMO, the best probiotic once healthy is to cook with a non-irradiated turmeric and avoidance of genetically modified foods. GMO alters gut flora.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:18 am

jdp and baller,
Thanks for sharing!

I'm intrigued now and want to try the New Chapter one.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:44 am

Some additional point...

Apple pectin as a prebiotic reduces inflammation... highly recommended.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:15 am

Hm so apples would be even better for gut flora than bananas? What's your take on the pesticides on fruit like apples? Where I live it's a bit of a drive to get organic fruit so I tend to avoid it (except for bananas as I've heard the pesticides don't reach the fruit because of the thick peal). Do the pesticides outweigh the benefit the apple itself provides?

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 am

baller234 wrote:Hm so apples would be even better for gut flora than bananas? What's your take on the pesticides on fruit like apples? Where I live it's a bit of a drive to get organic fruit so I tend to avoid it (except for bananas as I've heard the pesticides don't reach the fruit because of the thick peal). Do the pesticides outweigh the benefit the apple itself provides?

Yes better. Bananas contain other sugars and starches that aren't good if in dysbiosis or in excess.

Just wash the fruit correctly, soap has been shown to remove enough pesticides.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:11 am

and what about the Oligosaccharide, asgood ass inuline?

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:12 am

and is it better to take supplement or eat apples for pectine?

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 am

LittleFighter wrote:
baller234 wrote:Hm so apples would be even better for gut flora than bananas? What's your take on the pesticides on fruit like apples? Where I live it's a bit of a drive to get organic fruit so I tend to avoid it (except for bananas as I've heard the pesticides don't reach the fruit because of the thick peal). Do the pesticides outweigh the benefit the apple itself provides?

Yes better. Bananas contain other sugars and starches that aren't good if in dysbiosis or in excess.

Just wash the fruit correctly, soap has been shown to remove enough pesticides.

Of course the soap probably has xenoestrogens in it.... We can't win.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:32 am

Baller, don't worry too much about soap.

Dysbiosis isn't fixed by avoiding soap. Besides, there are cheap alternatives like white vinegar and baking soda....

Don't worry if you can't get organic, just wash them. This is the opinion of many people.

There's also apple pectin powder, as a supplement.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:41 am

fredounet wrote:and what about the Oligosaccharide, asgood ass inuline?

I don't recommend FOS or Inulin to people with sick gut. Small amounts with probiotics are fine.

Better options are Larch Arabinogalactan and Apple Pectin IMHO and experience, for various reasons.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  baller234 Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:57 am

How about fiber from Psyllium Husk? I've read that PH are suppose to be great for intestinal bacteria.

baller234

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:08 pm

fredounet wrote:and what about the Oligosaccharide, asgood ass inuline?

BTW, inulin is better, in various ways. FOS is not natural... FOS is usable by far more pathogens and more easily than inulin.

there are other options! Acacia, Larch AG, pectin, etc....
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:12 pm

baller234 wrote:How about fiber from Psyllium Husk? I've read that PH are suppose to be great for intestinal bacteria.

I personally think Psyllum is good for a while for detox but not for the long term. There are some concerns that it might be somewhat harsh for the intestines.

You only need bacteria to bulk up stools, so you don't need fiber to cure constipation, only bacteria (probiotics) and their food (soluble fiber like pectin and others).
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  fredounet Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:22 pm

LF, I can't wait your topic.

fredounet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next