Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Adrenal Extracts EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Adrenal Extracts EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Adrenal Extracts EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Adrenal Extracts EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Adrenal Extracts EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Adrenal Extracts EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Adrenal Extracts EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Adrenal Extracts EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Adrenal Extracts EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Adrenal Extracts

+5
hadrion
scottyc33
isaac
CausticSymmetry
zerx
9 posters

Go down

Adrenal Extracts Empty Adrenal Extracts

Post  zerx Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:26 pm

IH - I am having a hard time making a choice of the brand and type of adrenal gland extracts product. I had been using Allergy Research Group Adrenal Cortex before. Ever since upping my dose from the recommended 1 cap to about 4-6 caps per day I've had amazing results. I had no more heart palpitations and some other symptoms pf thyroid disorder like dark under-eye were pretty much gone. Amazingly so did my depression-like symptoms: I had no apprehension being in crowded public areas and that hasn't happened for me in ages!

Now Ive run out of the adrenal cortex caps and am in the process of replacing them with the same ones or ones that are better. As much as I cant see how any other product can be any better than the one I had been using, I've looked at reviews of Natural Sources Raw Thyroid and I got to thinking. Basically, some reviewers were mentioning how they got better results with fewer caps of Raw Thyroid than they got with more of other glandular extract products. They didn't mention ARG by name but I wondered if raw glandular extracts packed more of a punch? And which are raw or is that just the product line's name?

I tried to look for a site that explains the basics of glandular extract supps but didn't have much luck. So I'd love for you to compare the two lines of products and help me decide which might be the better one. Thanks.

The following link has the two products as search results:
http://www.iherb.com/Search.aspx?c=1&kw=adrenal+tissue

zerx

Back to top Go down

Adrenal Extracts Empty Re: Adrenal Extracts

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:29 pm

zerx - Nutricology (Allergy Research Group) Adrenal Cortex is top notch stuff.

I've been convinced (see physiology page) that depression is really just low adrenal function.

Now sure which of these would be better than the other.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  isaac Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:01 am

The reason iHerb reviewers are reporting results at lower dosages is because 'Raw Thyroid' is a concentrate but it's not listed just how much the equivalent is in 'fresh glands'. I know Dr Ron's products list the equivalent per serving it's around 6 capsules is the equivalent to 1 oz fresh glands. Nutricology is excellent but I emailed them and their product is not a concentrate it's the whole tissue freeze dried which probally explains the reviews on iHerb and why responded when you kicked up the dose.

In the future I'm going to try to contact a farmer to see if he can sell me fresh glands straight from the animal that would be awesome...

isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:50 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:zerx - Nutricology (Allergy Research Group) Adrenal Cortex is top notch stuff.

I've been convinced (see physiology page) that depression is really just low adrenal function.

Now sure which of these would be better than the other.

How would one know if they have low adrenal function?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:39 am

scottyc33 - The primary accelerator of aging is hormone decline. Everything from depression, and almost every disease is a result of this. To check for adrenal dysfunction, which I suspect effects most people with hair loss, there are a few ways to test for it. A regular doctor is usually not going to work, since they are not typically trained in this area.

A 24-hour urinary hormone test, which checks for levels of various adrenal hormones. Also, there is a salivary cortisol test and checking your DHEA level.

An alternative to testing is to try some of these glandulars and see if you notice any differences, such as being tired less often, feeling generally more upbeat, responding to stress with more grace than usual.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:52 am

IH -- Would you recommend the adrenal cortex OVER the Standard Process regimen you linked to on your page?

Is it a similar product?

I'm curious.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Man - is this like eating raw glands from the animals in capsules?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:44 pm

I dont know about the Standard Process product. But the more I look into the two products I mentioned in my original post, I like the Raw Thyroid one better. Ideally the product would include adrenal cortex and other glandular extracts like thymus, thyroid etc.

However, the ARG adrenal cortex isn't a concentrate and so it takes quite more caps than others made up of concentrates. I also wonder if the other part of the adrenal gland apart from the cortex is of any importance for repairing the adrenals when supplemented. Im really new to the area of glandular extract supplements so Im basically learning as I go.

isaac - how would you supplement with actual glands; would you eat them raw, cooked, or cram them into capsules?

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Standard Process is the best known amongst practitioners, but these other products are probably just as good. Usually these are freeze dried, so I don't know if that counts a raw product exactly. Nevertheless they work and the benefits are usually noticed pretty quick.

Ultimately, the all the parts are important, pituitary, thymus, adrenal, thyroid, and supplemental iodine.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:08 pm

Thanks for the reply IH.
Since the adrenal gland produces other important hormones the whole adrenal gland extract might be better than just the cortex. Since the cortex is only responsible for secreting cortisol and aldosterone.

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:32 pm

Is there a kosher version of this?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:38 pm

zerx - Yes, exactly, I think all the "adrenal glands," are important, not just what rests above the kidneys but the pituitary, thymus and thyroid.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Doesn't Raw thyorid address the pituitary, thymus and adenals in addition to thyroid as well?

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Post  zerx Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Yes it addresses all those. Infact Im considering ordering Raw Adrenals by the same brand since it has alot more adrenal extracts than Raw Thyroid. Do you think it's overkill IH?

zerx

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:40 am

zerx - Overkill? No, it will just quicken your recovery.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:50 pm

I have a problem with very low cortisol in the morning, very high off the chart cortisol levels at night. And low DHEa levels. my pituitary and adrenals are messed up.

Will Raw Adrenal help to lower my cortisol levels or will it make me produce more cortisol?

For a problem like mine would I be better off taking Raw thyroid or Raw Arenal or both?

I am going to take seriphos to lower my cortisol levels

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:00 pm

cassanova - Sounds like a good plan. You could take them both to get everything up to speed. And yes, if everything works out, your DHEA levels should slowly creep up, your cortisol AM go down and your PM cortisol will start to drop.

Let us know how it works out.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Thanks, IH.

Do you have any recommendations on a regimen? Or how many of each should I take and when?

I was thinking one Raw thyroid and one Raw adrenal in the morning and 1 seriphos capsule in the midafternoon. Do you think that is enough? Or would I need to take more capsules.

Once I start to sleep better and get that really good deep sleep, I will know that its working and Im getting my system back on track again.

I am also going to take Acetyl l carninitine and ALA before two meals througout the day.

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:36 am

cassanova - Of the adrenal/thryoid supplements that is the correct amount. I can't say for certain about seriphos, because it's a little difference from a standard phosphatidylserine supplement. But you can gauge the way you feel on it and decide if taking more would be helpful.

As far as the rest of the regimen, it's ideal to take these things just before eating or even right at the meal. It will diminish the negative effects of the food.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:16 am

Guys--

LuckyVitamin.com has Raw Adrenal for $4.95 a pop, and Raw Thyroid for 8ish.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  cassanova Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:02 pm

yea, I ordered mine from that site. I ordered Raw Thyroid, Raw Adrenal, Raw Pituitary and All Adrenal from them. Even with shipping i spent less than $30

cassanova

Back to top Go down

Adrenal Extracts Empty Adrenal

Post  rjfnyu Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:42 pm

What would you recommend if a combination of Pituitrophin and Drenotrophin by Standard Process are just not cutting it for my adrenal issues. This helped for a while and then it seemed to have lost its effect. I was having even more success for a while on transdermal DHEA, transdermal Pregnenolone and Nettles tea, but it seems to have lost effect as well. Everything seems to wear off. I basically have issues with hypoglycemia and sleep probably caused by low cortisol.

rjfnyu

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:16 pm

rjfnyu - Have you tried Phosphatidylserine? Also, check into an adrenal formula with L-Tyrosine and Licorice root in it.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down