Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Fibrosis question EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Fibrosis question EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Fibrosis question EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Fibrosis question EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Fibrosis question EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Fibrosis question EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Fibrosis question EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Fibrosis question EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Fibrosis question EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fibrosis question

5 posters

Go down

Fibrosis question Empty Fibrosis question

Post  Swimmy Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:15 pm

Is there anyway tell if you have fibrosis of the scalp? Is it noticeable?

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Fibrosis question Empty Re: Fibrosis question

Post  TK Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:34 am

TK

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:08 am

For a long time I used to complain about my scalp feeling hard, stiff, just not pleasant... as if it couldn't breathe.
I tried everything, conditioners, oils, shampoos, deep combing, nothing really helped.
I'll let you know if the manganese and stuff helps me with it, seems like it's worth a shot.
Would read into Papain and Hyaluronic Acid if you want immediate relief.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:05 am

I know prague had used topical papaine, but what about hyaluronic acid? Should it be used topically (as well as internal if chosesn)? Really, what are you referring to here? topical or internal? That's more clear i guess haha...

Also, AR, have you tried either of these and where did prague get his papaine from?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:09 am

Yanks wrote:I know prague had used topical papaine, but what about hyaluronic acid? Should it be used topically (as well as internal if chosesn)? Really, what are you referring to here? topical or internal? That's more clear i guess haha...

Also, AR, have you tried either of these and where did prague get his papaine from?

Prague used the papain / HA topically and then started using the papain internally, but I don't think the internal aspect regarding this topical in particular will make that much of a difference.

I haven't tried this (though I may), what I'm doing using ionic elements is allowing my body to do this for me (detoxify, activate enzymes, the list is rather long). Also, the Hyaluronic acid part should be covered with the colloidal copper seeing as it activates collagen enzymes. Thus far in my use I've had a nasty shed, then my skin started to get really nice and I've been dropping very few hairs ever since (2 days)... I'm a little hesitant to praise it up yet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:43 pm

I'll be using this.

http://www.elsomresearch.com/shopping/products/skin-resurfacing.htm

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:44 am

hmm how would one go about using topical HA? Is it sold like that or must something be prepared using pills and opening them up and mixing them? I don't usually like the idea of this because of all the fillers added to supps.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:02 am

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-f1/manganese-copper-iodine-cobalamin-ratio-cs-jdp-ih-community-t3807.htm

It's a pain in the ass, but please read the posts in this topic, as I feel there is good evidence / information to support the fact that the topical might not be necessary. I'm currently getting some benefit from this, you'll all be the first to know if I start seeing regrowth.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:31 am

Believe me I've been keeping up on that thread haha. VERY interesting stuff that I'm still trying to digest. Haven't posted bc I don't have anything to add. I don't think I read anything specifically about topical HA in there though. I guess you're saying it won't be necessary bc the minerals will balance everything out right?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:33 am

Yanks wrote:Believe me I've been keeping up on that thread haha. VERY interesting stuff that I'm still trying to digest. Haven't posted bc I don't have anything to add. I don't think I read anything specifically about topical HA in there though. I guess you're saying it won't be necessary bc the minerals will balance everything out right?

I might be, I'm unwilling to say anything "for sure". But I think we're all on to something, looking at calcifications implications in every major treatment used on this site, and every condition associated with MPB

Back to top Go down

Post  Lobsters Attack! Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, I think fibrosis of the scalp may be a MAJOR factor here. Consider:

1. We've seen a lot of manual methods popping up. Intense massage (dutemescence), dermarolling, and intense brushing could all help break up scar tissue. Ordinary massage and light brushing probably would not do this, even though they would increase blood flow. I don't think blood flow is the key to these therapies.
2. Glycolic acid peels can also break up scar tissue.
3. Copper peptides discourage scarring and lead to more synthesis, but also more breakdown, of collagen. Scar tissue is characterized by lots of collagen arranged in such a way as to make it tough.
4. Minoxidil inhibits collagen synthesis.
5. DHT increases collagen synthesis.

It also explains why treatments take so much time - no magic topical or pill will cause the connective tissue to break down and reform immediately. Not sure how the prostaglandins would fit in with this though. And it's just a theory of course - I could be way off here.

Thoughts?

Lobsters Attack!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Blood flow is certainly a key...

But so is what's in the blood (CS territory- nutrition, supplements)

and so is the level of pathogens in the scalp (rdkml, Will Gaunitz territory)

and so is the level of toxicity and stress you are exposed to (my area of interest)

and so is whether you are doing anything extra to stimulate regrowth (LLLT for example)

No one thing will fix all of this. You have to be dedicated.

I still have 95% of all my hair and now getting closer to 50 years of age. I started losing at 24. First cause was formaldehyde sensitivity... and living in traditionally built buildings.

Don't get me started.

M
Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down