Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Topical allantoin for fibrosis? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical allantoin for fibrosis?

4 posters

Go down

Topical allantoin for fibrosis? Empty Topical allantoin for fibrosis?

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:00 am

On a quick search, I noticed that theres not been any discussion on allantoin here. Ive been doing a lot of googling on the stuff, and heres some anecdotal info I found hanging around.

Allantoin has been also termed a counter irritant that helps alleviate the untoward skin-irritation effects of certain cosmetic ingredients such as soap and detergent surfactants, oils, and acidic or alkaline materials. Allantoin produces its desirable effects by promoting and speeding up the healthy, natural processes of the body. It helps the skin to help itself...

...Once inside the follicle, the bio-available ALLANTOIN will trigger the formation of new elastic cells, collagen and pigment, filling in cavities of pitted and ice pick acne scars. It will also shrink and replace the old fibrous and broken collagen cells. Soon new 'invisible' hair, known as lanugo, will come through the restored hair follicles in those areas.

The allantoin content of comfrey, especially in the root, has resulted in its use in folk medicine for healing wounds, sores, burns, swollen tissue, and broken bones. Allantoin, found in milk of nursing mothers and the fetal allantois, appeared to affect the rate of cell multiplication. Wounds and burns seemed to heal faster when allantoin was applied due to a possible increase in number of white blood cells.

A quote concerning Dr. John Christopher's comfrey based ointment, allantoin being its main active ingredient.

. Bone Spurs from Arthritis: I have tried your comfrey herb combination for dissolving calcified bone spurs (caused by arthritis when a teenager). My metatarsal arch in left foot was in such bad shape, it had become very painful to walk. The herb began bringing results immediately.

Theres a ton more anecdotal information on things like comfrey and snail slime, both of which contain high amounts of allantoin. Snail slime is used in scar treatments to break down the fibrotic tissues and help regenerating healthy skin, and theres a bunch of interesting research on the use of comfrey based treatments for all kinds of skin disorders (most of which were done by Dr. John Christopher, who swore by the use of comfrey for all kinds of regenerative purposes). The stuff is absolutely dirt cheap, and it seems it works well in extremely low concentrations, so I think this is going to be a new additive to my enzymes topical.

Anyway, any opinions on this stuff?

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Topical allantoin for fibrosis? Empty Re: Topical allantoin for fibrosis?

Post  kijumn Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:38 am

OMG use to use it before LLLT. I believe he liked the product but since LLLT also prevents fibrosis it would probably be redundant to use and I'm guessing that's why he quit.

There were others that use to use it years ago but that was my take on it ... may help but there are better ways.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Topical allantoin for fibrosis? Empty hair growth patent on allantoin w/study

Post  bocor Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:08 am

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/5637606/description.html

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:11 am

TheFunkyStumpfighter: where are you thinking of getting the allantoin to add to your enzyme topical? also, what enzymes are already there?

i was thinking of the following: serrapeptase, nattokinase, lumbrikinase, bromelain and papain, in aloe vera or vitamin E medium... but i still have to select my sources.

thanks!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:46 am

I got my allantoin from Organic Creations, though they shorted me by almost a full ounce on an 8 ounce order, and never returned my emails. I wouldnt use them, and Im not sure where Id purchase it from considering I still have quite a bit left.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:49 am

what are the the enzymes you are adding it to, and how have you prepared those topicals?

thank you!
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:15 am

Right now, my enzyme topical is 2 parts bromelain, 1 part papain, 1 part allantoin, and grapefruit seed extract in concentrated comfrey tea (comfrey is high in allantoin) and a little jojoba oil. I pretty much take an ounce or two of cut comfrey (purchased from Mountain Rose Herbs, great great shop for this kind of thing. All organic or wildcrafted herbs) in a cup and a half of water, simmer it for about an hour, then strain out the herb and simmer the tea until its almost syrupy thick. As it cools, I add the powdered ingreds and the oil. I use it for my seb derm, so I leave it on all night with a shower cap, though I dont think most peoples scalp would respond to that too well.

On a side note, the concentrated comfrey tea has been the best thing Ive ever applied topically to my scalp. Granted, I have awful seb derm so my results are not likely typical, but my inflammation and flaking goes wayyyyyyyy down after a few nights of just applying the tea and leaving it on for at least 4 or 5 hours (usually overnight).

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:29 am

have you thought of topical serrapeptase, nattokinase and lumbrikinase?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  magic_gro Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:48 am

so, @TheFunkyStumpfighter: where are you sourcing your allantoin?
magic_gro
magic_gro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down