Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
hair loss and fungus. EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
hair loss and fungus. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
hair loss and fungus. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
hair loss and fungus. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
hair loss and fungus. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
hair loss and fungus. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
hair loss and fungus. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
hair loss and fungus. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
hair loss and fungus. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

hair loss and fungus.

2 posters

Go down

hair loss and fungus. Empty hair loss and fungus.

Post  sky-walker Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:06 am

Hi,

I believe that my hair loss is mostly due to fungal infections because few years ago , i had severe seborrheic dermatitis , inflammation, iching..
Since i 've changed my diet (no more sugar , dairy products , gluten, alcohol ) and began natural hair loss treatment, dermatitis is nearly gone but she 's stayed on my eyebrows for sometimes and they 're thinning too. But sometimes , when my skin's totally cleared on eyebrows , when i have no death skins on my forehead and when a notice that my face skin become softer and smoother, i notice that my hair starts to regrow in the same time .
I have noticed that iodine help me in this way but somedays fungus come back and hair starts to thinning again.
So i wanna know the best treatment that i can take for definitively kills fungus and have a durable regrowth.

I take this treatment:

- Fish oil (cod liver oil)
- Black currant oil
- Biotin
- Grape seed extract
- Vitamin C/B complex
- Vitamin D
- Iosol
- Turmeric / reveratrol

I have just order MSP for heavy metal detox .

What can i add,? probiotics? other?

Thanks so much if you can help me, my request is well for kills all fungus that don't want disappear! thank you Wink

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

hair loss and fungus. Empty Re: hair loss and fungus.

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:31 am

From what I've gathered probiotics will be a great tool against fungus.
This is nothing I'm an expert in though, so if somebody would like to chime in or drop a link to some accurate IH pages regarding this that would be awesome!

I just bumped a neat post regarding using electric methods such as zappers. Worth a read.

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:42 am

Yes. Fungus is a piece of the puzzle. Try ketoconazole-shampoo (Nizoral). Ketoconazole is shown to kill fungus. The fungus eats sebum, so reducing sebum will help starve the fungus. Also Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint soap works good for exfoliating and removing layers of dead-skin-cell build-up, allowing the ketoconazole to penetrate deeper in the scalp, helping to remove all the DHT and estradiol which has accumulated in the scalp/sebaceous-glands over time.

Interestingly enough, the same mechanisms, which causes acne, also causes MPB! So any techniques which helps cure or elevate acne, should also help baldness. With that in mind, I recommend everyone research the correlation between dairy and acne.

Fats and oils in the diet can increase the production of sebum [1], which feeds the fungus. Animal-protein, especially dairy-protein increases free-IGF-1, which lowers SHBG, allowing free-testosterone to convert into DHT inside the sebaceous-gland enabling the enlargement of the sebaceous glands which contributes to excess sebum [2]. Also processed-foods of course contains very little fiber (to help regulate blood-sugar levels), no phytonutrients, and way too much fat, sugar, and synthetic-chemicals, which can only make matters worse.

Thankfully ketoconazole is shown to lower estradiol and DHT levels [3] and shrinks the sebaceous-glands [4], reduces sebum, increases hair diameter and anagen-phase-hair-follicles, decreases shedding [5] plus kills the fungus which causes the inflammation from the immune-system.

[1] Diet and acne.
[2] Acne vulgaris: a disease of Western civilization.
[3] Ketoconazole Inhibition of Testicular Secretion of Testosterone and Displacement of Steroid Hormones from Serum Transport Proteins.
[4] Ketoconazole shampoo: effect of long-term use in androgenic alopecia.
[5] Nudging hair shedding by antidandruff shampoos. A comparison of 1% ketoconazole, 1% piroctone olamine and 1% zinc pyrithione formulations.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:04 am

MisterE - thanks, I have already used nizoral few years ago when i had seborrheic dermatitis and greasy skin and scalp. It done nothing for that. I don't trust external products for fungus , it doesn't attacks the roots of the problem. Today i don't have this excess sebum and sebborheic dermatitis on my scalp anymore. However; it come back sometimes in my eyebrows only and when i have fongus in my eyebrows, i have little death skins on my forehead and my hair are thinning . Whereas when all is totaly clear my hair starts to regrow , and that my problem , i wanna totally kills these fungus.

Action<reaction - yes i think i will give a try to probiotics. Nothing to loose , so why not...

I hope heavy metal detox will help too!

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:08 am

MisterE - thanks, I have already used nizoral few years ago when i had seborrheic dermatitis and greasy skin and scalp. It done nothing for that. I don't trust external products for fungus , it doesn't attacks the roots of the problem. Today i don't have this excess sebum and sebborheic dermatitis on my scalp anymore. However; it come back sometimes in my eyebrows only and when i have fongus in my eyebrows, i have little death skins on my forehead and my hair are thinning . Whereas when all is totaly clear my hair starts to regrow , and that my problem , i wanna totally kills these fungus.

Action<reaction - yes i think i will give a try to probiotics. Nothing to loose , so why not...
I hope heavy metal detox will help too

I'm currently taking pro-biotics, 25billion cultures daily, as WELL as chelating heavy metals using Citrus Pectin. I really can not comment on how it's affecting fungus, but I will say that even if you didn't have fungus or any related issue I would still recommend both PB's and Chelation. It's been doing wonders for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:57 pm

action<reaction wrote:

I'm currently taking pro-biotics, 25billion cultures daily, as WELL as chelating heavy metals using Citrus Pectin. I really can not comment on how it's affecting fungus, but I will say that even if you didn't have fungus or any related issue I would still recommend both PB's and Chelation. It's been doing wonders for me.

do you take this one?

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Jarro-Dophilus-EPS-5-Billion-Organisms-per-Capsule-120-Veggie-Caps/7006?at=0
It's expensive!

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:36 pm

sky-walker wrote:
action<reaction wrote:

do you take this one?

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Jarro-Dophilus-EPS-5-Billion-Organisms-per-Capsule-120-Veggie-Caps/7006?at=0
It's expensive!

It is a little expensive, but this is what CS himself takes. I trust that it's probably the best bang for our buck at the moment.

I'm currently taking HMF capsules (5 billlion) as advised by my ND for gluten caused damage, as well as the Jarrows, and a 200 billion called Florajen which I reaaallly like and will continue to use.

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:17 pm

I'll give a try to probiotics, i think it must be help with heavy metal detox. I hope.

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down