Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Processed foods cause hair loss? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Processed foods cause hair loss?

+13
jeruslan
scottyc33
theseeker
isis
Lw
Mastery
nidhogge
2tuff007
Decro435
Steven222
DM5
tooyoung
Amaranthaceae
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Processed foods cause hair loss? Empty Processed foods cause hair loss?

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:50 pm

... I have tried this a couple of times now over the last year:

I stop eating all processed foods, especially processed meat products and gluten breads/cerals. And then a couple of weeks pass
without any change, and then suddenly overnight my hair justr starts to "feel better" .. volume increases, it covers better, it feels
soft, excessive dryness in the scalp goes away .. I enjoy my hair for awhile, even to the point that i feel hair loss is really "a thing of the past" .. then I get lazy ... Maybe at a barbeque/grill party .. I eat some grilled sausages, or some nice baked flutes .. I gulp down some cake. And in a short time, 3-4 days hair quality diminish and gets worse, ends in intiching, and starts to thin ..

I guess I this time really have to STAY AWAY FROM THE PROCESSED FOODS .. 100%

Any one else experienced something like this also?

I know JDP and others mentioned alot of other food-related issues .. But for me it seem to be the processed meats and breads that cause a dramatic loss of hair quality and maybe even to the point of balding ..

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Processed foods cause hair loss? Empty Re: Processed foods cause hair loss?

Post  Guest Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 pm

From my own personal experience I know that crap food makes my skin and my hair feel like crap generally, depending on how hard I strike back with supplements and other raw foods.

What freaks me out is thinking about what it's doing to you body internally....

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:15 am

What is classed as processed food? Is meat in a packet classed as processed food?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm

CPIO,

I did the same thing for a month and pretty much stuck with it aside from a couple occasional meals. I noticed a definite decrease in shedding. I totally cut out soft-drinks like Coke and anything cooked in hydrogenated oil as well as high sugar items. I also started paying particular attention to the labels on the back of your food at the grocery store. Those things with corn-oil or soybean oil and high sugar, are things I totally stopped. I started buying all organic for home meals and snacks.

I also noticed sense of well-being I had not noticed before. I think High-Fructose corn-syrup as well as all the msg and transfat was putting a serious damper on things. Now when I eat those meals, I can definitely tell a difference in thinking and perception. I am a firm beleiver that these things definitely exacerbate hairloss in those pre-disposed. That's why I think Immortal is right, on so many levels with his theory and where antioxidants come into the mix. That being said, nothing seems to stop my hairloss dead in its tracks more than something like Pueraria Muerifica, But zero drive isn't fun, so I will keep exploring.

May 25th 2013

March Worldwide

Like March Against Monsanto on Facebook
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven222 Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:38 pm

Food as a cause of hair loss is a relatively new problem because the source of the problem includes chemicals. Processed foods can create health problems, including hair loss for many individuals.

White Sugar had most elements in the natural sweetener out. Stick to natural sugar.

Aspartame is a synthetic sweetener that can actually lead to more problems than the refined white sugar, including hair loss.

Monosodium glutamate (MSG) can lead to health problems, including hair loss.
Steven222
Steven222

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:00 am

Steve, anyone can use google. You might as well quote a source if you are just going to copy and paste.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:28 am

Is a tin of baked beans with all the sauces drained off good at all for hair?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  2tuff007 Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:17 am

Processed foods definately cause bad hair days for me. I found this site about four months ago and my hair has never felt better. I was on proscar for 10+ years and stopped last december. I was also eating a diet full of sugar and processed foods along with lots of beer. After I stopped proscar my hair went to hell! After finding this site I did intense cleanses (heavy metal both oral and IV chelation and liver). I take all the supplements along with the pauling therapy. I eat all home cooked food in organic coconut oil or ghee. The only carb I eat is some rice. I stopped all junk. Whenever I have a day of eating processed foods and pastries high in sugar my head starts to itch and get red. While on this regimin and eating clean I have absolutely no inflammation! And its also worth noting that this lifesyle change has done wonders for my fitness level aswell. Im part of a Judo team and my cardio has gone up like crazy! I'm 33 but feel like I'm 18!

2tuff007

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Slightly confused and got a quick question about processed foods.

I'm looking for meats that are 100% meat and don't have stabilisers and added sugar etc...

I've found a few things like this:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Deli_Meat/Tesco_Finest_Aberdeen_Angus_Topside_Beef_91g.html

It is 99% beef, 1% salt which I'm not worried about. However as it is in a packet and cut into slices, it's processed. By avoiding processed foods, are we avoiding the added crap, or actual processing of otherwise safe meat.

Thanks.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:55 am

Yep--processed foods are foreign to the body, so the body has no idea what to do with it. When your body needs to focus on dealing with foreign things, it takes energy away from other areas such as your immune system, allowing all sorts of things to develop ranging from the common cold to abnormal cells (cancer). If your body has a choice between supplying healthy nutrients to the hair or pulling them to deal with something more serious in the body, it's going to do just that. It's really all common sense if you think about it--it's us humans that complicate things.

Here's a good litmus test if you want to know whether something is processed or not. If you were a caveman ready to go out for the hunt, is that something that you would come across in the wild? Is a loaf of bread something that you'd find in the grass? Of course not. As for meat--if it's store-bought, it's typically no good. Try to always get your beef locally from farmers that treat their animals with respect by feeding them a largely grass diet, no hormones, and no antibiotics. Same applies if you're interested in dairy.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:40 pm

Ah right, I get that. I never touch bread or anything like that anymore.

If its a steak from a supermarket that says it's grass fed and organic, that's fine right?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Mastery Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:29 pm

N/A wrote:

I stop eating all processed foods, especially processed meat products and gluten breads/cerals. And then a couple of weeks pass
without any change, and then suddenly overnight my hair justr starts to "feel better" .. volume increases, it covers better, it feels
soft, excessive dryness in the scalp goes away .. I enjoy my hair for awhile, even to the point that i feel hair loss is really "a thing of the past" .. then I get lazy ... Maybe at a barbeque/grill party .. I eat some grilled sausages, or some nice baked flutes .. I gulp down some cake. And in a short time, 3-4 days hair quality diminish and gets worse, ends in intiching, and starts to thin ..

THIS IS EXACTLY what I go through. If I eat perfectly, hair loss esentially stops and the slightly thinner parts start to fill in. Then I sort of forget about it and get over confident and eat either chocolate or worse, grains... - and heh nonny noony, it all looks like shite and then if I dont catch it, it falls.

The only other thing that transcends this is a chemical exposure which makes it fall immediately i breathe it in....

M

Mastery
Mastery

Back to top Go down

Post  Lw Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:36 pm

I just found a link on the facebook page called " I LOVE HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP "

>> http://sweetscam.com/myths-and-facts/

I wonder who is the fag who created this site. That's full of totally obsolete/idiotic assertions. That should be a crime.

" The "big corporations" are telling you sugar is bad "

If I once knew I had to read such a thing..

Lw

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm

what does it mean to eat perfectly? what are you eating all the day?

I read a book of the work of weston a. price right now. For me its obvious that all the civilised foods like white flour, sugar, pasteurized and processed foods as wall as gen modified, hybrid and non organic foods are the cause of 98% of all the civilisation diseases.

I´ve never been to the USA but what i have read so far.. this food market must be quite sick. It´s the same over here in europe.. The industrialisation takes away the life energy of the foods.

Food is so much more then just vitamins and minerals. It contains life energy which isnt measurable by modern instruments ( not yet) and that energy has the same importance as the " physical " aspects of foods.

On Hybrid Foods: Within humans its forbidden that relatives get childrens together.. cause we know about the problems it will cause to the childrens. But with the food we eat it every day... day by day.

Man has lost all the beautiful senses for foods. They see it as a product to make money.. but food is more. Food is beauty.. food is life. Food is something spiritual but instead honouring that beautiful gifts companies like monsanto killing it.. and so they kill us.

is it even possible to get some healhty food on this planet or is everything poisoned? the oceans? the fields?

what can we do to escape of their money making industrial regime? to live healthy... and free? growing own foods?

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 pm

I've found that most processed foods make my scalp itch whenever i eat then, same goes for sweets, after eating i get random itchy spots on my scalp. They don't last long but it happens very shortly after I've consumed them.

theseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:47 am

isis wrote:what does it mean to eat perfectly? what are you eating all the day?

I read a book of the work of weston a. price right now. For me its obvious that all the civilised foods like white flour, sugar, pasteurized and processed foods as wall as gen modified, hybrid and non organic foods are the cause of 98% of all the civilisation diseases.

I´ve never been to the USA but what i have read so far.. this food market must be quite sick. It´s the same over here in europe.. The industrialisation takes away the life energy of the foods.

Food is so much more then just vitamins and minerals. It contains life energy which isnt measurable by modern instruments ( not yet) and that energy has the same importance as the " physical " aspects of foods.

On Hybrid Foods: Within humans its forbidden that relatives get childrens together.. cause we know about the problems it will cause to the childrens. But with the food we eat it every day... day by day.

Man has lost all the beautiful senses for foods. They see it as a product to make money.. but food is more. Food is beauty.. food is life. Food is something spiritual but instead honouring that beautiful gifts companies like monsanto killing it.. and so they kill us.

is it even possible to get some healhty food on this planet or is everything poisoned? the oceans? the fields?

what can we do to escape of their money making industrial regime? to live healthy... and free? growing own foods?

Good post.

Yes, pretty much netwroking with local farmers that do things the right way, and/or growing your own food are the only options.

Pretty sad actually.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Perfect topic!

But, would someone be so kind and tell us, what do he eat during the day?
I am also avoiding processed food, but, to be honest, I do not know, how could I live without eating grains.
Why are grains so bad? It is only gluten, becouse some of grains are free from gluten.
And what about dairy products, curds? Is that not so good as well?
And what source of protein is adequate in this regard? What about rice protein, is that bad too?
Please help...

Jeruslan
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  ethanlds Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Food cause hair loss is a new problem among the people. processed food contains lots of chemicals which damage the hair. for getting good taste of food its involved artificial elements like Hexane, Protein bars and many colours which are really harmful to the health as well as the hair loss. we have to eat diet food to prevent the hair loss.

ethanlds

Back to top Go down

Post  itzmecorey Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:06 am

Guys... I think some of us could be experiencing hairloss from years and years of exposure to horrible over consumption processed diets... I wonder if we stick to a 'clean' diet if this can be reversed? I notice the same exact thing!!! When I eat totally clean (No sugar, Low Carb, Gluten Free, low fat milk) my hair does not itch and my hair is alot better...

I also do not respond well to propecia/avodart... it made my hair worse! I think maybe I have food issue based hairloss and not androgenic hairloss... sounds very idiotic... and im sure androgens do play a role but I bet diet is the underlying cuase and androgens are just a biproduct agitator to the dermal papilla

I just think its odd... That if I take avodart my hair itches all day long even if I eat fairly good

I quit avodart and start eating extremely clean over 2 months... and boom... no itching and slight regrowth at the hairline

itzmecorey

http://www.coreychmiel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:36 am

itzmecorey wrote:Guys... I think some of us could be experiencing hairloss from years and years of exposure to horrible over consumption processed diets... I wonder if we stick to a 'clean' diet if this can be reversed? I notice the same exact thing!!! When I eat totally clean (No sugar, Low Carb, Gluten Free, low fat milk) my hair does not itch and my hair is alot better...

I also do not respond well to propecia/avodart... it made my hair worse!

The exact same thing happened with me.

While i was on propecia my hair shed a hell of a lot and all the people on hair loss boards were like "just ride it out it's a shed" but my hair was never the same since, it also caused me to get scalp pimples (not heaps but a few) and my hair became very "wire" like with a lot of strands having a "kink" in them.

theseeker

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:15 am

Mastery wrote:
N/A wrote:

THIS IS EXACTLY what I go through. If I eat perfectly, hair loss esentially stops and the slightly thinner parts start to fill in. Then I sort of forget about it and get over confident and eat either chocolate or worse, grains... - and heh nonny noony, it all looks like shite and then if I dont catch it, it falls.

The only other thing that transcends this is a chemical exposure which makes it fall immediately i breathe it in....

M

Count me in as struggling with the same pattern. When I eat clean my hair loss stops, inflammation disappears, hair looks better and I think even thickens up. I go for a couple of months and then get lazy. I never really fall totally off the wagon and eat large amounts of sweets/junk/processed foods but the little I do leads to inflammation, a renewed period of loss and a general deterioration in the state of my scalp and hair.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:39 pm

What to eat during the day?

Nuts, organic fruits, seeds. For nuts, ideally almonds. For seeds? Raw Sunflower seeds, Raw Pumpkin Seeds. All high in PEOs (Parental Essential Oils). Light, keeps your metabolism going, doesn't drag you down, keeps energy levels high. Then, one big healthy meal in the evening.

Pick up a copy or borrow from the library "The Warrior Diet". You won't regret it.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 pm

nidhogge wrote:
Pick up a copy or borrow from the library "The Warrior Diet". You won't regret it.
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Do any of you count calories? When I look at healthy foods, such as vegetables, many are very low calorie and I'm worried I wont get enough energy and feel weak the whole day. I don't know what to take to bulk up the calories. Have I got this wrong?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  isis Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:25 am

i think that grains are not that bad as long they are whole and in its natural state. No hybrid grains of course ( most of todays graisn are hybrid) and organic ones.

here is what i eat during the day.

morning:

- green smoothie ( blended saladord wild herbs with a bit fruits and water)
- some fruits

lunch:

- steamed veggies
- some steamed fish
- seaweed
- plain spring water

dinner:

avocado, coconut oil, hemp seeds... , dried self made crackers... raw veggies, raw butter...

snacks during the day: nuts, seeds, berries, fruits, raw milk,

it changes everyday but thats how a average day looks like

isis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next