Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket

5 posters

Go down

Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket Empty Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:39 pm

could we make a thread, with foods having weird stuff in the ingredient list and lets find out what it is ..

I found a fish dish that I used to eat with: 3% soy protein ...

A readymade sausage that just needs to be cooked with: Yeast-extract ... (gærekstrakt)

What is soy-protein doing in a fish dish, and what is yeastextract?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket Empty Re: Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket

Post  kijumn Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:30 am

Those two ingredients is used for the free glutamic acid ... MSG effect.

It's common to spray it on fish and also beef to give a better color and of course to make it taste better.

Regarding processed foods, I've mentioned it before but 95% of processed foods contain MSG. With new technology, it's now able to be created out of many dozens of names making it's use increase while at the same time confusing consumers into not knowing what X ingredient really is. The ingredient citric acid is my favorite. Makes it sound like it came from oranges. It's actually created from corn with high amounts of free glutamic acid. Artificial flavor, which is another common one contains more free glutamic acid than MSG itself.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket Empty Re: Weird stuff in readymade/processed foods from the supermarket

Post  lund Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:37 am

So JDP - if you cannot avoid MSG, how do you effectively clear/neutralize/flush it from your system? have you given this some of your research quota?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:00 pm

I ate that %3 soy protein food, and this morning I have frontal itching in my scalp, damnit!!

I guess we must entirely cut out all processed foods atleast for awhile, or is there a way to eat them sometimes and neutralise the bad effects (toxin deposits in the scalp, joints?) by way of a supplement?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Maybe internal supplementing of papaya and bromelain can break down these MSG and MSG-like proteins so they can be properly flushed ..

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Limiting free glutamic acid from your diet as much as possible and then take supplements is the way to go. There are many supplements that are talked about. Dr. Blaylock recommends pretty much the supplements that are discussed here everyday on this forum. On another site taking taurine, magnesium, powdered CoQ 10 from Beyond A Century, and making sure you're not B-6 deficient is what's recommended.

Also, I believe "one" of the routes regarding hair loss and why it causes an itchy scalp for me I believe may be related toward peroxynitrite ... as in Dr. Pall's work regarding NO/OHNOO cycle. To combat this, Ecklonia Cava and increasing antioxidants and IH's regimen would be recommended. Can also look into the Pall protocol as well. Also, there is a study that LLLT helps with peroxynitrite.

The reason why I say peroxynitrite is it just makes sense why eating free glutamic acid can cause an itchy scalp within an hour of ingestion and keep it raised for a day or two after.

For people who suffer from chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia it appears if they eliminate free glutamic acid from their diet their symptoms improve dramatically ... supposedly one of the best treatments.

This may be a huge breakthrough regarding hair loss and why it appears to act so much like an autoimmune disease. Well, at least a breakthrough for my case as I'm excited about the connection

Here's some interesting study and info

"The increased incidence of cardiovascular disease in men compared with premenopausal women suggests an unfavorable effect of male sex hormone testosterone (T2) on the cardiovascular system. However, clinical and epidemiological studies report a controversial relationship between T2 and cardiovascular disease. Testosterone induces vasodilation, and this effect is thought to be mediated via nitric oxide. We now demonstrate that testosterone produces both nitric oxide (NO) and superoxide in human coronary artery smooth muscle cells (HCASMC). T2 stimulated NO-dependent fluorescence in HCASMC, and this effect was attenuated by NOS inhibitors. T2-stimulated superoxide production (measured by fluorescence and chemiluminescence) was inhibited by apocynin and sepiapterin. NO and superoxide react together to form peroxynitrite, and we have detected T2-stimulated peroxynitrite production in HCASMC by employing the fluorescent dye DCF. Subsequent in vitro studies on porcine coronary artery support our findings. In conclusion, we hypothesize that testosterone stimulates production of peroxynitrite in vascular smooth muscle, and that peroxynitrite may mediate some of the effects of T2."

http://www.fasebj.org/cgi/content/meeting_abstract/22/1_MeetingAbstracts/742.10

"Excessive NMDA activity is implicated in FM [fibromylagia] by three different types of studies. The most recent of these was recently reported by Smith et al (2), reporting that a subgroup of FM patients had a complete resolution of their symptoms by removing both monosodium glutamate (MSG) and aspartame from their diets. MSG and aspartame are both described as excitotoxins (2), because both glutamate from MSG and aspartate from aspartame, activate the NMDA receptors in the nervous system and may lead to neural damage as a consequence of excessive activation. A major mechanism of such NMDA-mediated damage is produced by the excessive nitric oxide and peroxynitrite produced by such activation"

http://www.ei-resource.org/articles/fibromyalgia-articles/fibromyalgia,-excessive-nitric-oxide%10peroxynitrite-and-excessive-nmda-activity/

If I'm not mistaken homocysteine is also another excitotoxin that raises peroxynitrite. Also, if I"m not mistaken there is also a connection between bacteria and viruses ----> peroxynitrite. You'd also want to make sure you're not hypothyroid.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Here's some more interesting info

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"MSG induces histamine response

Histamine induces inflammation"

Regarding Stephen Foote's theory of hair loss ... edema ---->

"Recent research from Johns Hopkins links nervous system overstimulation to the immune response. Immune response includes the release of histamine and white blood cells. The immune response allows the blood vessels to become "leaky" so that the white blood cells can get to the site of the injury. This flood of fluid leaving the blood vessels and entering the tissue is what we recognize as swelling."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:45 am

Damnit, now its evening and I still have frontal itch!

So if I go back to the 100% clean diet, the itch should go away how soon JDP?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:08 am

so my Mg in the form of aspartate that is supposed to be so bioavailable is in fact toxic?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:45 am

Jdp ,do you still believe that some supplements are needed to halt hairloss or a restrictive diet alone can do that considering the fact the fact that even minimum amounts of toxic additives (like the msg sprayed on fruits,nuts,meat) will always be ingested ?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:38 am

cpio,

For me, 24 - 72 hours depending on the food that's ate and as long as you don't eat any other foods you react to in the mean time. For us MPB sufferers, I personally believe there are a lot of foods that we react to. Icanbeatthis took the Imunopro 300 test and reacted to around 60 foods out of 300.

edony,

Here is quote

"Aspartate (approximately 40% of aspartame) is a normally occurring neurotransmitter found in the brain and spinal cord. Our bodies usually control the levels of aspartate. If aspartate reaches above a critical level, it can become an excitotoxin, meaning that it can cause the nervous system to become extremely excited and if given in large doses can cause cells to die (Blaylock, 38-39)."

http://www.joltchallenge.com/aspartame-a-look-at-the-controversial-sweetener/

To answer your other question, a "100%" restrictive diet is all that's needed to fight hair loss IME ... so far. Also, I'm in 100% perfect health. No aches and pains, there is zero tartar on my teeth, in the morning my breath doesn't even really stink, the bottoms of my feet are becoming very smooth, adrenals appear to be 100%, I'm temperature tests more and more in the normal thyroid range ... wasn't bad before but I was very slighly hypothryoid, I don't take the occasional nap in the afternoon - have perfect energy throughout the day like I was a teenager again, my skin is smoother, rosacea is 100% gone, my skin is radiant, I never really had a rock hard stomach like nidhogge but now I have a 6 pack.

All this, from eliminating all the foods that I was sensitive to. Hopefully, in a year or so I'll be able to slowly add a few foods back in that I was sensitive to before but in very small quantities ... it's been mentioned that it's possible.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:55 am

Jdp do you still feed only on meat and rice? Do you eat any vegetables-salads ,fruits or nuts?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:37 pm

edony,

Primarily, I eat a lot of meat and rice. I mostly consume brown rice cooked for 55 minutes with coconut oil, turmeric and Himalayan salt. White rice that contains added vitamins gives a mild reaction but I'm sure washing the rice would help.

To answer your question I do experiment with other foods but quite a few give me a reaction so it's a very long process. The worst ones are ones that have been processed. For instance, the almonds that you have to crack yourself I haven't noticed a major reaction so far in small quantities. When you buy them already cracked gives a pretty major reaction.

I know I've mentioned it but I consider myself like an autistic kid who reacts to a lot of foods out there. I believe people who suffer from MPB have similiar issues where there is a high percentage of foods that we are sensitive to. At least it's true for me.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Jdp, you're an autistic kid LOL : )

I'm not austistic but I have special interests that I am obsessed with.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:54 am

lol. I was just referencing another condition that is "greatly" helped by a highly restrictive diet.

autism = msg, gluten, casein, soy, msg in vaccines to preserve virus, low antioxidants/glutathione, sulfite sensitivity, immune system, NO/ONOO- cycle/peroxynitrite, etc.).

Here is a quote

"November 21, 2009 - the FDA has just approved Abilify (Aripiprazole) to treat autism symptoms. This GLUTAMATE BLOCKER is now being used to treat autism."

Here is a good link regarding NO/OHNOO = http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?id=8071&t=CFIDS_FM

A quote regarding NO/OHNOO =

"Each of these six has the apparent involvement of the NO/ONOO- cycle in different tissues"
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I noticed a lot of protein bars as well as other foods I look at switched from using partially hydrogenated oil to fractionated oil -- what the hell is fractionated? Is that bad like partialy hydrogenated? Also, some labels just say "hydrogenated palm oil" for example -- without the partially... Is it ok if it is not "partially" hydrogenated, but just hydrogenated? Or are the food company trying to pull one over on the consumers?

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down