Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake!

2 posters

Go down

relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! Empty relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake!

Post  Paradox Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm

I had a moment of weakness and starting taking dutasteride again 3-4 weeks ago. Quickly I noticed decreased energy and libido which has gotten progressively worse since. These last few days I have been basically bedridden and can't stay awake. One of the first things I noticed was that I found it next to impossible to wake up in the morning.

My adrenals were already producing little cortisol prior to this. Now I'm taking lots of licorice, adrenal extract, and iodine yet I still can't stay awake. The insanely long half-life makes this situation all the more shitty!

I have a hunch that it is suppressing my thyroid and maybe not so much my adrenals because I'm getting cold easier and gaining the typical weight (fat) in the face and other areas. Plus the increase in adrenal supps (mainly licorice to preserve cortisol) are only making a minimal difference. It could be the adrenals but i'm not sure.

Does anyone knoe how I can speed up the excretion of this shit from the body? Is there a way tio 'detox' the drug faster? I'm taking iosol iodine and actually just started edta for heavy metals. I was hoping the edta would help the clearnace of dutasteride (but that's probably just wishful thinking). I am going to consume mass amounts of bentonite as well. Any other suggestions/idea?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! Empty Re: relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake!

Post  LA-Night Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:52 pm

From personal experience, here's what helped me:

dandelion root
iodine
humifulvate
vitamin c (lots)
maca

Hope you recover quickly. I know how it feels, man. I had a similar experience a year ago when I got back on fin. I quit it for good right before I got here.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake! Empty Re: relapsed on dutasteride -big mistake!

Post  Paradox Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:07 pm

LA,

Thanks man. I should really know better by now. It's amazing how quickly we forget traumatic experiences. My hair is good for the most part. I just want to recover the lost temple area which is all but impossible.

I have some lab results coming in soon and I will probably try low dose hydrocortisone for the adrenals. Maybe some thyroid support and some aromotase inhibition and/or TRT. I'm not looking forward to relying on all that stuff, but one can only be debilitated for so long. I was feeling better physically but got greedy with the temples and it is really Russian roulette with the drugs.

I may have asked you this before, but how has your hair been since you quit the finasteride?

Whatever the mechanism is for the 5ar inhibitors causing depression/fatigue/anxiety (pregnenolone or whatever)... it is really unbearable. I'm a perfectionist, so slowing down or even stopping the recession isn't enough for me. I am looking for regrowth, but it may not be realistic. Hopefully someday.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LA-Night Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 am

Paradox wrote:LA,

Thanks man. I should really know better by now. It's amazing how quickly we forget traumatic experiences. My hair is good for the most part. I just want to recover the lost temple area which is all but impossible.

I have some lab results coming in soon and I will probably try low dose hydrocortisone for the adrenals. Maybe some thyroid support and some aromotase inhibition and/or TRT. I'm not looking forward to relying on all that stuff, but one can only be debilitated for so long. I was feeling better physically but got greedy with the temples and it is really Russian roulette with the drugs.

I may have asked you this before, but how has your hair been since you quit the finasteride?

Whatever the mechanism is for the 5ar inhibitors causing depression/fatigue/anxiety (pregnenolone or whatever)... it is really unbearable. I'm a perfectionist, so slowing down or even stopping the recession isn't enough for me. I am looking for regrowth, but it may not be realistic. Hopefully someday.

Hey Paradox,

In response to your question, my hair has been great since I dropped finasteride. After the inevitable post-fin shed, I shaved my hair & applied magnesium oil/emu oil to my temples (the main area I wanted to thicken).

There is a caveat, however: I've had to completely modify my diet & take a ton of natural supplements.

LA-Night

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:37 am

LA-Night wrote:
Paradox wrote:LA,

Hey Paradox,

In response to your question, my hair has been great since I dropped finasteride. After the inevitable post-fin shed, I shaved my hair & applied magnesium oil/emu oil to my temples (the main area I wanted to thicken).

There is a caveat, however: I've had to completely modify my diet & take a ton of natural supplements.

LA,

I realize now that I'm asking you the same questions in 2 threads...my mistake. Are you seeing any regrowth with Mag oil? I've been using it too, and although I like it I can't say it has resulted in regrowth.

My diet has been radically changed as well. Like I said in the other thread, it is just the temples I'm struggling with really. It's frustrating to be 'so close, yet so far'. I take a ton of supplements by the handful too.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down