Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements?

+15
scottyc33
sky-walker
edony
goten574
Nashville Hairline
tommmash
The Natural
hopeful19
Shane4
sublime9
CausticSymmetry
youngbalder
Joejoebaggins
nidhogge
j87x
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements?

Post  edony Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 pm

The Natural wrote:During the summer months, hair, in what I considered my safe areas, seemed to be thinning quite a bit. I initially attributed this to the type of brand that I was using at the time (e.g. LEF Super Bio). But now, I am not so sure. I recently decided to take my tocotrienols, Toco-8, at a different time (evening) from the curcumin/resveratrol combination (morning). And my hair has thickened right back up Very Happy .

I have read about the possibility of some antioxidants canceling out the benefits of another, if taken at the same time (e.g. curcumin and green tea). Perhaps this is what occurs with curcumin (or resveratrol) and tocotrienols.

TN,

I find it quite difficult to believe that this particular combo(taken all together at the same time) has worked so well for you during the past 2 years and now suddenly one cancels each other's benefits out.I think that your thinning was simply coincidental or at least there's another cause for it.Sommer is usually a period when many of us don't experience so-called "good hair days" .
Sure, perhaps it would be ideal to space tocos out from the other two(perhaps,I don't know) but i don't believe it to be the reason for your possible thinning.
Anyhow,I'm glad that everything's resolved for you again.
Let us know for any change in your regimen and/or condition .

I personally started taking again curc-resv-tocos once per day in the evening after dinner.Those 3 do wonders for my mild gingivitis ,that IME is the marker of any inflammation occuring in my body.During the past 2 months that i stopped the combo,my oral condition and seb/dermatitis got much worse. We'll c how my hair does on it,since june that i took BCM-95 , it haven't be able to recover.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements? - Page 2 Empty Re: Best tocotrienol/tocopherol supplements?

Post  The Natural Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 pm

edony, I never had problem with taking Jarrow's curcumin, resveratrol, and tocotrienols/tocopherols at the same time. But these other brands have been something of a rollercoaster for me: Initially, I could definitely see a (positive) difference in thickness (even better than with Jarrow's); then after two months or so, I experienced some of the strangest thinning throughout the front part of my head. Maybe it was LEF's curcumin.

I stopped taking it almost two months ago, and switched to Meriva's curcumin. During this time, my hair's thickness did not return; though it didn't get any worse either.

The only other change that I made was to take Toco-8 in the evening, 7-9 hours apart from the curcumin/ resveratrol combination.

So, I don't know. It could very well be a seasonal thing, as you stated. But I will continue to monitor my progress with this latest adjustment, and keep everyone informed.

Going to try A.C. Grace's tocotrienol supplement soon. Here is a link from a poster who downloaded PDF files of studies "that show that alpha-tocopherol attenuates (weakens) tocotrienol benefits, and another paper that shows alpha-tocopherol to increase degradation of tocotrienols." They can be seen on the left, under "Latest files" here: http://my.hairlossfight.com/

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:52 am

edony wrote:Goten-

over at HLF you stated that you do well on tocotrienols and possibly have seen a decrease in shedding and thickening/some regrowth .How is it going ?
You take 2 caps daily ?

I've been using various oils since the end of February. I don't believe these are helping in regrowth but who knows as I still continue to use them but lowered the use from 3 times a week to once a week starting from September.

I started taking MSM and Tocotrienols since mid August, usually one a day but sometimes two. (I would say 60% of the time I take one, and 40% I take two). I usually take these two together with a variety of seeds such as Sesame, Pumpkin and Sunflower (1 tablespoon). I take the seeds for general health but heard the present of Sunflower enhances absorption of Tocotrienols. I also take Vitamin B Complex and D3 as well as drinking Spearmint and Green Tea regularly.

At the end of August, I started doing Balayam and also purchased a Boar Bristle Brush. I am not sure what is causing it but I really believe I am seeing results. I noticed my hair loss this time last year and although it does not look as good as it did back then, it's still minor and I am sure I see an improvement over the last couple of months. Who knows... sometimes I feel really good about my hair and other times I feel awful.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  sky-walker Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:25 am

Does tocopherols have any side effects or decrease DHT ? thanks

sky-walker

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:34 pm

sky-walker wrote:Does tocopherols have any side effects or decrease DHT ? thanks

Tocopherols, as I have read, do nothing for your hair. You will want to find yourself a product containing "tocotrienols," like Toco-Sorb, Toco-8, or A C Grace's tocotrienol supplement. These products "increase testosterone production," which I, for one, believe to be a good thing.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:47 pm

The Natural wrote:During the summer months, hair, in what I considered my safe areas, seemed to be thinning quite a bit. I initially attributed this to the type of brand that I was using at the time (e.g. LEF Super Bio). But now, I am not so sure. I recently decided to take my tocotrienols, Toco-8, at a different time (evening) from the curcumin/resveratrol combination (morning). And my hair has thickened right back up Very Happy .

I have read about the possibility of some antioxidants canceling out the benefits of another, if taken at the same time (e.g. curcumin and green tea). Perhaps this is what occurs with curcumin (or resveratrol) and tocotrienols.

TN - do you have any links discussing this idea of "antioxidants canceling each other out"?

I have never heard this.

Ecklonia Cava
Krill Oil
Decalcify
Rejuvaplex Topical

Other
Ubiquinol
ALCAR
Liv 52
Iodine
Ashwagandha

SUPERFOODS: Energy First and Sun Warrior Protein, Dessicated Liver, Concentrace, Colostrum, Brewers Yeast, Fermented Cod Liver & High Vitamin Butter Oil

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:49 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:youngbalder - Tocotrienols have shown to increase hair growth by some 40%.

Based on what study?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:13 am

scottyc33 wrote:

TN - do you have any links discussing this idea of "antioxidants canceling each other out"?

I have never heard this.

I would like to know too. I often drink Green Tea within a few hours of taking Tocotrienols 75mg.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Several years ago, some posters at Regrowth.com discussed the negatives of taking green tea and curcumin at the same time. A (cell culture) study was done that showed the two will negate each other when taken at the same time. Here is the link to the discussion: http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-forums/viewthread.cfm?f=5&t=16560#63938; but it cannot be accessed. Maybe it was removed or deleted.

A poster emailed his concerns to the clinical director at LEF (Life Extension), and his reply was simply, "...This appears to be a cell culture study, and how cells respond in culture can be different than how they respond in the complex environment of the human body. We will keep this study in mind, but remember that the Chinese have been safely blending these herbs together for thousands of years."

Still, just to be safe, I do not drink green tea at the same time that I take curcumin.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:01 pm

The Natural wrote:Still, just to be safe, I do not drink green tea at the same time that I take curcumin.

How long do you wait before you are able to drink green tea without it affecting Curcumin or similar things?
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 pm

I used to be concerned about this, until I look into the study in greater depth. Now these days, I take curcumin and green tea together every single day.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:40 pm

Guys,

I remember seeing the following on a New Chapter's product:

Green Tea: University of Indiana School of Medicine 1999 study shows green tea supports DNA integrity and decreases free radical generation. Synergistic with key components of turmeric, increasing cell protective activity by a factor of more than 200%.

I don't have the original study so those interested may want to look for it... Cool
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:42 pm

goten574 wrote:
The Natural wrote:Still, just to be safe, I do not drink green tea at the same time that I take curcumin.

How long do you wait before you are able to drink green tea without it affecting Curcumin or similar things?

I wait a couple of hours. Again, it was only one study, which I can't find anywhere now.

But after recently reading that "alpha-tocopherol attenuates (weakens) tocotrienol benefits, and another paper that show alpha-tocopherol to increase degradation of tocotrienols." (Look under "latest files" here: http://my.hairlossfight.com/ ), I have been thinking a bit about the relationship of different anti-oxidants.

I want to receive the maximum benefit from the supplements that I take, so I would like to know which ones are better taken in combination or just by themselves.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  tudor Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 am

old thread but I still would like to know what is the best http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Gamma-E-Tocopherol-Tocotrienols-60-Softgels/16386?at=1 or http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/tocotrienols_vitamine_toco8.html and please give arguments.
tudor
tudor

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:18 pm

Wouldnt drinking palm oil be a far more economical, although less convenient, way of getting tocotreinols?

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:22 am

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/article%20red%20palm%20oil.htm

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:58 am

I've been on toco-8 for 3 days and shedding is virtually non existant. Anyone thinking about getting this should stop thinking about it and buy it. This is be the best supplement I've ever taken, and I've took a lot!

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:51 pm

My usually dark brown hair is growing black now.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:42 am

This brand here is the same formula used in the patent.

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Toco-Sorb-Mixed-Tocotrienols-and-Vitamin-E-60-Softgels/137?at=hil335

Toco-8 is fine, but it's a bit expensive.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:50 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:This brand here is the same formula used in the patent.

http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Toco-Sorb-Mixed-Tocotrienols-and-Vitamin-E-60-Softgels/137?at=hil335

Toco-8 has all 4 tocopherols, whereas Tocosorb only has d-alpha tocopherol.

Also, there are 100 mg of tocotrienols in 1 serving of Toco-8 and 60mg in Tocosorb.

http://www.primordialperformance.com/store/tocotrienols_vitamine_toco8.html $25.46 for 60 day supply

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/jarrow/tocosorb.html $15.57 from iHerb for 60 day supply

Toco-8 winds up being about the same price in terms of the tocotrienols you are getting, plus you get the extra tocopherols. However Tocosorb has the convenience of capsules.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  hellwig Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:58 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:This brand here is the same formula used in the patent.

When you consider that a handful of people think, after many months, that the IH6 might be helping, and compare that to toco-8, which has a heap load of people reporting immediate positive results, it's damn cheap in comparison.

hellwig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2