Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dry skin / dry scalp? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dry skin / dry scalp?

4 posters

Go down

Dry skin / dry scalp? Empty Dry skin / dry scalp?

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:16 am

Anbody here with a dry scalp? how do you feel it relates to hair loss as a whole?
My skin has always been sensetive, and now I feel that it may be becoming a problem with my scalp as well.

If so...

What do you take as a supplement to help the dry skin?

What topicals do you use? (oils, shampoos, home-made, etc)

Back to top Go down

Dry skin / dry scalp? Empty Olive, Emu, Vitamin E, Green Tea oils

Post  Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:22 am

I've read that Olive, Emu, and Green Tea oils are very good for this little annoyance.

I use vitamin E oil on dry skin in other areas of my body, suck as knuckles, and that seems to work as well.

Would like some input before I attempt anything though.

Back to top Go down

Dry skin / dry scalp? Empty Re: Dry skin / dry scalp?

Post  brandnew Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:53 am

Be interested to hear other people's opinions on this as well. I have very dry scalp and hair and nothing seems to really help. I find putting oil on at night just aggravates it. I have started washing my hair with just baking soda and still no change. Even though I am on an extensive regime, nothing has really changed this.

I imagine my thyroid is out of whack but I'm slightly concerned about addressing this as I have Adrenal Fatigue, and know that this should be addressed first.

brandnew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Hey Brandnew (as in the band? if so, GREAT taste man!)

My skin has been a longstanding issue.

As soon as I cut out wheat gluten / soy my skin improved along with a whole ton of other aspects of my physiology, now, it wasn't until the iodine supplementing that I really noticed any difference with my skin.

For about six - seven months my knuckles had dried out so much that the skin just peeled away and bled profusely, my hands were always cold as well. My lips experienced the same thing, no topicals even had an effect on it.

I don't know if it's coincidental, but as soon as I started Iodine supplementing the crusted / red knuckles became soft and light pink, my lips magically healed, and now my dry chest / arm skin peels after showering leaving it nice and soft and moisturized.

I'll keep you posted on developments, as I loathe false assumptions, I'm looking out for flaws in what I'm noticing but so far there are none.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:43 pm

I try to keep my scal and hair moisturized by using oils and such, but it dries out so easily. Today I was in the rain for a little while (which i thought was supposed to be a natural moisturizer) and my hair got ridiculously dry. After I showered I was shedding like crazy, I think this is directly related to my dry scalp. I use olive and coconut oil. I used to use emu oil. I'm struggling now though.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:56 pm

I believe our scalp deserves a break once in a while.. especially from minox and other alcohol based topicals. Take one or two weeks off nizoral and other topicals, except emu oil or other oils that seems to help. Wait for the hair an scalp to dry up after shower before adding emu oil or such. Use a regular store bought shampoo like sunsilk or head and shoulders. I actually find these commercial shampoos to be the least harsh on my scalp.

Doing this have helped me in rough times.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:13 pm

im struggling tremendously w this right now. its getting cold and my scalp is getting dry and flaky, taking hairs out along with it. and on the other hand its getting oily as hell if i dont wash it! any suggestions? im thinking i should focus on moisturizing. maybe only using conditioner? could this stabilize things? im just also afraid of a fungal infection to come back if i dont keep up on washing... been doing lugols and iosol but hasnt helped yet
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:17 am

For dry scalp you should use organic shampoo and wash as seldom as possible. If still dry add couple of drops of oil in the shampoo and shake well before using. Supllementing with krilloil and iodine is a must.
I treat dry skin as follows: Whenever I see dry skin/flakes, I peel with baking soda and use a fatty cream afterwards(lanolin is good), before going to bed I carefully remove excess fat with cotton. Again, wash the skin as seldom as possible and don't use soap! Repeat the process when the skin looks dry again(shouldn't be so soon)

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down