Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG.

+9
RobHealthMan
Paradox
Odysseus
tao81
Misirlou
j87x
gutted
Gibson
misterE
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG.

Post  tooyoung Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:40 am

Any opinion from CS on the matter? I'm strongly tempted to get some.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ketoconazole inhibits DHT and Estradiol from binding with SHBG.

Post  Balthier Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:59 pm

maybe I missed it, but what is PO and ZP?

tao81 wrote:If you look closer to the studies, you´ll see that PO and ZP have the same effect on hair as keto. PO even outperformed keto. I think the androgen effect of keto is way to weak for real MPB and the positive effects are due to antifungual and thus antiinflamatory actions.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  abc123 Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:52 pm

I've been using 1% every time I have showered. Really hasn't done anything, keep shedding.

2%+ worthwhile?

abc123

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Balthier - Piroctone Olamine‎ and Zinc Pyrithione. Both used in shampoos. Give them a quick Google.

Does anyone here have any experiences with either of these?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:49 pm

C. Piérard-Franchimont, V. Goffin, F. Henry, I. Uhoda, C. Braham, G. E. Piérard.

Nudging hair shedding by antidandruff shampoos. A comparison of 1% ketoconazole, 1% piroctone olamine and 1% zinc pyrithione formulations.

International Journal of Cosmetic Science Volume 24, Issue 5, Page 249-256, Oct 2002

Synopsis

Hair shedding and hair thinning have been reported to be affected by dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis. The present study was conducted in 150 men presenting with telogen effluvium related to androgenic alopecia associated with dandruff. They were randomly allocated to three groups receiving each one of the three shampoos in the market containing either 1% ketoconazole (KTZ), 1% piroctone olamine (PTO) or 1% zinc pyrithione (ZPT). Shampoos had to be used 2-3 times a week for 6 months. Hair shedding during shampoo was evaluated semiquantitatively. Hair density on the vertex was evaluated on photographs using a Dermaphot. Trichograms were used for determining the anagen hair percentage and the mean proximal hair shaft diameter using computerized image analysis. The sebum excretion rate (SER, g cm2 h1) was also measured using a Sebumeter®.
The three treatments cleared pruritus and dandruff rapidly. At end point, hair density was unchanged, although hair shedding was decreased (KTZ: -17.3%, PTO: -16.5%, ZPT: -10.1%) and the anagen hair percentage was increased (KTZ: 4.9%, PTO: 7.9%, ZPT: 6.8%). The effect on the mean hair shaft diameter was contrasted between the three groups of volunteers (KTZ: 5.4%, PTO: 7.7%, ZPT: -2.2%). In conclusion, telogen effluvium was controlled by KTZ, PTO and ZPT shampoos at 1% concentration. In addition, KTZ and PTO increased the mean hair shaft thickness while discretely decreasing the sebum output at the skin surface.

From the full study:

Conclusion

The present study comparing 1% KTZ, 1% PTO and 1% ZPT shampoos has demonstrated that these products have some other benefits in addition to their reported antidandruff effect. The data show that these shampoos have a beneficial effect on the anagen/ telogen ratio, by increasing the anagen hair percentage in subjects with dandruff. This results in a reduced hair shedding. In addition, the data show that 1% KTZ and 1% PTO, but not 1% ZPT, produce a beneficial effect on scalp seborrhoea and hair shaft diameter. The reason for such opposite effect is unknown. Finally, the data show that scalp seborrhoea is inversely correlated with hair thickness. The virtue of such a finding is its simplicity. However, the results cannot be taken at face value. There may remain debate whether reducing sebum excess on the scalp may lead to thicker hair, and whether increasing scalp seborrhoea may be accompanied by a reduction in the hair shaft diameter.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:48 am

How long do you leave the keto cream/foam on for?

What do you lot use to moisturise and stop the hair and scalp getting ridiculously dry?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:05 am

Ordered some Keto cream today and plan on using it maybe once a day. Again mainly targeting the vertex and hairline. Will test a little to see how I react to it first but only plan on using a small amount when applying it

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:25 am

Joey - How long will you be leaving it on your head?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 am

Planning on using it in the morning and washing my hair in the evening. Again, im not planning on lacing my scalp with the stuff, just targeting my vertex (patch has developed and getting worse) and hairline at the moment. I'm also going to give topical spiro and topical miconazole ago. Thinking of using the following regime with regards to topicals:

Keto cream EOD
Miconazole EOD
Topical Spiro every night before bed

I may even toy with the possibility of using Keto just on the vertex and Miconazole on the hairline to give a better idea of effectiveness. Think these creams can be quite harsh on skin so will also be taking a break now and again depending on how things pan out.

Alongside that i've also cleaned up my diet a fair bit and now try and eat 'simple' foods where possible. Also on the IH top 6 and use a laser helmet as well. Also apply Super Zix which I find reduces shedding for me. Tried Folligen, Tricomin - cosmetic effect on hair is good, but, for me anyway, don't think they were providing any benefit to the underlying problem of MPB. Minox is a no-no for me, tried it a few years back, and itch I got from it was unbearable. Fin and Dut are treatments which I don't want to use.

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:03 am

So you'll be having the cream on for around 10 hours? Isn't that way too long?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:08 am

Again, i'm going to apply a very thin layer to a small area and I believe 8-10 hours shouldn't be a problem

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2