Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health?

+5
ubraj
misterE
Polluted
CausticSymmetry
Paradox
9 posters

Go down

Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? Empty Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health?

Post  Paradox Sat May 29, 2010 10:38 am

Whenever I look at someone with a receding hairline, the first thought that comes to mind is that it looks unhealthy. If nature was trying to proving some kind of visual marker for women to avoid partners with genetic predisposition to disease, what better way? Are we being selected against?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? Empty Re: Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat May 29, 2010 10:43 am

Paradox - Just a theory, but based on observation of sick people in general--they all have their inherent weaknesses.

I suppose one advantage we have is a forewarning that something is wrong (insulin resitance, thyroid, cardiovascular) in the future that we can prevent.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? Empty Re: Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health?

Post  Paradox Sat May 29, 2010 10:46 am

Good point CS. Way to see the glass half-full. I'm not feelin the optimism so much today.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat May 29, 2010 10:56 am

On a related note, I was thinking about how many men with AA had high hairlines as children... how some men go bald in high school (teens)... and wondering how this all fits together with the diseases you mentioned. Why would the child have a high hairline before any onset of disease? Is it safe to say that there is (and could never be) no such thing as an individual with hair loss who was otherwise 100% healthy? I guess the problem lies in separating the genetic from environmental. How much is environmental (goitrogens, diet, toxins, etc.), and how much is just genetic? How much can reducing the environmental triggers keep genes from winning the fight? I don't suppose anyone knows the answers to these things for sure.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Polluted Sat May 29, 2010 11:27 am

Laughing Dude, many perfectly healthy guys have receding hairlines.
Its a simple genetic trait. No amount of vitamins, special diets, herbs, laseres, and potions is going to change this. It here to stay, or it would have been history with natural selection.

Polluted

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sat May 29, 2010 11:56 am

Paradox wrote:Whenever I look at someone with a receding hairline, the first thought that comes to mind is that it looks unhealthy. If nature was trying to proving some kind of visual marker for women to avoid partners with genetic predisposition to disease, what better way? Are we being selected against?

Male pattern baldness is associated with atherosclerosis, diabetes, and prostate-enlargement [1] [2] [3].

Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. Neal Barnard have reversed atherosclerosis by puttering their patients on a low-fat/high-fiber carbohydrate based vegan diet.

[1] Association of benign prostatic hyperplasia with male pattern baldness.
[2] Androgenetic alopecia and insulin resistance in young men.
[3] Male pattern baldness and coronary heart disease: the Physicians' Health Study.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat May 29, 2010 2:52 pm

Paradox,

Visually, you'll notice those with hair loss also tend to have problems with their teeth.

An easy way to look into this further is to study why these people have poor teeth. "Many" reasons IMO related to diet such gluten, low molybdenum/magnesium (possibly due to lyme), etc.. Lyme disease is much greater than anyone could imagine, IMO.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat May 29, 2010 3:55 pm

jdp701 wrote:Paradox,

Visually, you'll notice those with hair loss also tend to have problems with their teeth.

An easy way to look into this further is to study why these people have poor teeth. "Many" reasons IMO related to diet such gluten, low molybdenum/magnesium (possibly due to lyme), etc.. Lyme disease is much greater than anyone could imagine, IMO.

That's interesting jdp, I've never made that observation. I definitely don't fit that bill... only 1 or 2 small cavities in my life. Dr. Mercola is cue-ball and has good teeth. He was saying why he thought he lost his hair in some video I was watching (can't remember what it was on). I believe it was taking/eating too much of something when he was younger. I wish I could remember exactly.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat May 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Polluted wrote:Laughing Dude, many perfectly healthy guys have receding hairlines.
Its a simple genetic trait. No amount of vitamins, special diets, herbs, laseres, and potions is going to change this. It here to stay, or it would have been history with natural selection.

How is it that you're certain they are 100% healthy? Why don't you think that natural selection continues as we speak. It takes long periods of time for evolutionary change. How could you possibly consider someone having an autoimmune condition (AA) 'perfectly healthy'. Would the immune system of a healthy person attack an organ? I know it's not a confidence booster to acknowledge you may fit in that category, but you have to be realistic. There may be different causes at play in different individuals with AA, but if I had to bet... I'd put my money on 'not absolutely healthy'.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat May 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Hey Paradox,

I've never had a cavity in my life. However, what I was getting at was to check the color of your teeth. Are they white or do they tend to be a bit yellow ... more yellow = more aggressive hair loss. Some can have brown spots or white spots on teeth as well but most tend to be yellow and sometimes plaque accumulation (lack of K2 due to various reasons).

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Polluted Sat May 29, 2010 11:41 pm

What makes you think andogenetic alopecia in an autoimmune disorder? I am talking about classic balding in NW scale pattern. Can you dirrect me to medical journals that classify it as an auto immune disorder.

Polluted

Back to top Go down

Post  Polluted Sat May 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Yes, interesting Mr, E. But when has male pattern loss ever been reversed by a vegatarian diet?

Polluted

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sun May 30, 2010 1:19 am

Paradox wrote:

That's interesting jdp, I've never made that observation. I definitely don't fit that bill... only 1 or 2 small cavities in my life. Dr. Mercola is cue-ball and has good teeth. He was saying why he thought he lost his hair in some video I was watching (can't remember what it was on). I believe it was taking/eating too much of something when he was younger. I wish I could remember exactly.

Ha! I'm guessing he said soy.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun May 30, 2010 1:30 am

JosephineMarie wrote:
Paradox wrote:

Ha! I'm guessing he said soy.

Actually I remember he attributed his baldness to grains.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sun May 30, 2010 1:32 am

Yes to dr. mercola. I remember it do, he said you use to be a high carb grain addict...

Would merola still have hair if he knew what he knew now? Hmm I doubt it.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sun May 30, 2010 1:33 am

IF you have strong hair loss genes, i think its inevitable no matter what one does within means

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Sun May 30, 2010 1:34 am

blackjack wrote:Yes to dr. mercola. I remember it do, he said you use to be a high carb grain addict...

Would merola still have hair if he knew what he knew now? Hmm I doubt it.

Me too... probably he would still have some hair, but this is more complex than that I believe.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun May 30, 2010 6:09 am

You forgot: acidic-calcium-leeching-animal-protein. The number-one cause of bone-loss!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun May 30, 2010 6:17 am

Polluted wrote:Yes, interesting Mr, E. But when has male pattern loss ever been reversed by a vegatarian diet?

The low-fat/high-fiber carbohydrate based vegan diet has been shown by Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. Neal Barnard to completely reverse cardiovascular disease and diabetes...So it will probably help heal your body, giving you the best chance of regrowing hair; it will completely stop sebum production. And Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap will remove the years and years of sebum build-up. I have noticed regrowth. And I have reversed my type-two-diabetes, high-cholesterol and high-blood pressure using this diet!
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 30, 2010 7:24 am

misterE- The notion that animal products leads to bone loss as not only been unproven, it's been debunked.

The reality of acid alkaline balance is far different in reality than what vegan propagandists have been implying in their books.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 30, 2010 7:26 am

This book is representative of the healthiest people before the introduction of processed food.

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sun May 30, 2010 11:30 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:This book is representative of the healthiest people before the introduction of processed food.

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

Couldn't agree with you more CausticSymmetry!

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Is mpb a visual indicator of poor health? Empty Why aren't there any bald females...

Post  Jocko59 Mon May 31, 2010 11:01 am

in that case. Why wouldn't that be an indicator of bad health in females?

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon May 31, 2010 3:52 pm

jocko59,

PCOS being one example.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down