Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Um, back to me and my needs EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Um, back to me and my needs EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Um, back to me and my needs EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Um, back to me and my needs EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Um, back to me and my needs EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Um, back to me and my needs EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Um, back to me and my needs EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Um, back to me and my needs EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Um, back to me and my needs EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Um, back to me and my needs

2 posters

Go down

Um, back to me and my needs Empty Um, back to me and my needs

Post  JosephineMarie Fri May 28, 2010 2:52 pm

CS--when you were using 7-HMR, how many mgs were us using daily and did you split the dose up? I just bought pycnogenol 25 mg., and I am wondering how much to take daily. I took two caps (a total of 50 mg) with my other 3,000 supps at dinner time tonight, but I'd like to figure out a daily dosing schedule. Also, there are some other ladies on another hair site that are interested in this and we are all scratching our heads (yeah, like monkeys) about how much to take. I read in that meno article I posted yesterday in this forum that 10-30 mg would do it, but they were talking about a dose that would make enough enterolactone to help ease hotflashes. Since I don't have those and am intending to use it as another weapon in my arsenal to fight hair loss, I really am a little lost as to how much to use. Ideas?
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Um, back to me and my needs Empty Re: Um, back to me and my needs

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 28, 2010 3:06 pm

JosephineMarie - 30 to 40 mg is good. The nice thing about 7-HMR is that you only need to take it once per day, because it remains in the serum for 24-hours.

Regarding pycnogenol, this is tricky. 25 mg is a good place to start. If you see acne anywhere after a few days, stop immediately.

Instead of pycnogenol, I would suggest you try ecklonia cava (Fibroboost instead).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri May 28, 2010 3:22 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:JosephineMarie - 30 to 40 mg is good. The nice thing about 7-HMR is that you only need to take it once per day, because it remains in the serum for 24-hours.

Regarding pycnogenol, this is tricky. 25 mg is a good place to start. If you see acne anywhere after a few days, stop immediately.

Instead of pycnogenol, I would suggest you try ecklonia cava (Fibroboost instead).

Oh, I am doing ecklonia cava--does it create enterolactone in the body?

Also, why would I need to be concerned about acne/stopping immediately. I'm kinda scared the way you said it!

Uh, if you don't mind lending me your critical eye and spending a moment here with me--here's a list of everything I am doing. A lot of this is new. Also, I pretty much stop everything--with the exception of (now) the iodine and your top 6--on the weekends because I don't want to go into liver failure from all the supps! I resume the other stuff again on Mondays, and repeat... I've only been on your top 6 for a couple of weeks now and iodine less than that--I'm at 5 drops now after maybe 4-5 days of use--I know, I'm probably going too fast--I've felt pretty cranky these last few days, but I am also overworked/stressed.... What do you think?

Curcumin 500 mg 1 x day--new
R-Lipoic Acid, 100 mg 3x day--new
Pantethine (Conenzyme A precursor) 300 mg 3x day--relatively new (3 wks?)
L-Carnetine 500 mg 3x day--new
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine ("NAC") 600 mg 2 x day
Ubiquinone (reduced CoQ10) 100 mg 1 x day
Maxi Hair mutli vit 2 tabs 1 x day
Vitamin D3, 5000 IU 1 x day
Vitamin D3 1,000 IU & K2 45 mg 1 x day--new
Neptune Krill Oil 1000 mg 1-2 x day--fairly new--was taking fish oil before
Biotin 5000 mg 1 x day--new
Eklonia Cava (FibroBoost) 1200 mg 2 x day--new
Maca extract in the form of a tablet of 650 mg 1 x day product is called "Andeanessence"--new
Another tablet that has maca in it and some other herbs to increase dopamine 1 x day Product is called "Enkindle"--new
MSM 2,000 mg day
N-Aceytl Glucosamine 2 caps of 750 mg 1 x day
Magnesium, 150 mg caps 4-5 of them at night before I go to bed
Adrenal Health from Gaia herbs 2 caps 2 x day--new
Vitamin C w bioflavs caps here and there--working on getting at least 3 g/day
Quercetin 500 mg 2 xs day
Lauricidin 1 scoop 1 x day
Ora-Lingual B12 (1000 mcg) w folic acid (400 mcg) 1-2 x day
HCL & Pancreatic enzymes with meals--HCL new and am using plant based enzymes now rather than just pancreatin
Serrapeptase (proteolytic enzymes) on empty stomach in the morning--triple dose--4 weeks or so now
And now--pycnogenol 25 mg
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Fri May 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Oh yeah, and I bought some 5-HTP tonight b/c I stopped taking Lexapro and I need somethin' As I've said, I've been grouchy and I know that more serotonin helps me with that...
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 28, 2010 5:53 pm

JosephineMarie - Wow that's a lot of stuff. Some of these you might not necessarily need, although I should mention that you have no chance of liver failure on these at all. Unlike pharmaceuticals, many of these items you're taking are used for liver rejuvenation.

In any event, taking pycnogenol is probably not necessarily, and as mentioned before, it does present a real change of acne for some users (this includes both men and women).

One suggestion off the bat is to replace the L-Carnitine with Acetyl L-Carnitine. Why? It works and better and helps reduce stress.

5-HTP is a good idea, and dropping Lexapro (a good idea) is hard to drop cold turkey, so this will help take a the edge off a little.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sat May 29, 2010 1:31 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:JosephineMarie - Wow that's a lot of stuff. Some of these you might not necessarily need, although I should mention that you have no chance of liver failure on these at all. Unlike pharmaceuticals, many of these items you're taking are used for liver rejuvenation.

In any event, taking pycnogenol is probably not necessarily, and as mentioned before, it does present a real change of acne for some users (this includes both men and women).

One suggestion off the bat is to replace the L-Carnitine with Acetyl L-Carnitine. Why? It works and better and helps reduce stress.

5-HTP is a good idea, and dropping Lexapro (a good idea) is hard to drop cold turkey, so this will help take a the edge off a little.

Thanks CS--I bought the carnetine you suggested on your regimen page, so I am assuming I'm taking the right one. I keep most all my supps at work--I'm sure my coworkers think I am nuts when they see me dispensing all my supps. On Friday's I make a weekend container of vits and put it in my purse.

I dumped the Lex about 4 weeks ago, and the crankiness is kicking in now--I've noticed that people at work are really getting on my nerves--and this has happend a few times in the past when I have decided to stop taking it--the irritability--but then later down the road on nothing but my own brain chemistry, anxiety and depression gets added to the crankiness and I am miserable. So I thought I'd better get something now before I do the downward spiral. I hope the 5-htp works for me. I have also been taking some Lithium Sanctum the past few days. I am thinking about switching to Lithium Orotate since I have 2 bottles of it now and am running out of sanctum, but I don't know which one is better for my brain! I need to do more research on each of them. And then I am on my adrenal health supps which contain holy basil and some other other good herbals (ashwaganda, rhodiola, etc.), so with any luck, my head will clear in a couple of weeks.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat May 29, 2010 2:34 am

JosephineMarie - Lithium Sanctum is a trade name for Orotate and Aspartate combo.

I would only suggest taking Lithium orotate at 5 to 10 mg elemental (often a total of 120 mg including the orotate per dose).

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Sat May 29, 2010 6:35 am

Thanks CS. That means to me one less order I need to place online :-)
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down