Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but..

2 posters

Go down

Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. Empty Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but..

Post  Hoppipolla Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 am

my very front hairline appears weaker. Maybe it's a shed from Spectral RS or something, it's a bit odd. The hairs in one patch just look a little lighter and "whispier" and not as dense. Maybe I should stop using anything on them, but I'm tempted to give them a bit of a rest from DHT by taking very mild Fin or some beta-sitosterol, or maybe topical Hair Regain (nettle, saw palmetto and green tea extracts) or Crinagen (zinc, b6, azelaic acid and more).

I do wonder though sometimes, will this inhibition of the 5ar there ever cause them to become more sensitive to DHT, as was discussed before about finasteride? Or is it only at long term, high doses?

I'm fairly sure there is more than one mechanism to my hair loss though, as it seems odd that my overall hair seems fuller around the roots, yet I am still shedding (although perhaps to a lesser degree) and my hairline still seems to be taking a bit of damage. Hmm.

Hoppi
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. Empty Re: Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but..

Post  Hoppipolla Tue May 18, 2010 8:06 am

Man I'm proper tempted to just coat my hairline in Crinagen and spironolactone before it's too late lol, that's would proper kill the loss dead while I'm still ahead!

Who knows I might regret it if I don't ._.
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but.. Empty Re: Hmm, my crown seems to have improved but..

Post  Team Catfish Wed May 19, 2010 9:18 pm

Hoppi! It's been awhile since I popped onto here.

How is your fight against hairloss coming along?

I've recently added the big 6, and also brewers yeast and iodine, as well proprecia (for the last 4 months) and no sign of my shedding stopping just yet.

What is this crinagen and spironolactone you speak of?

Team Catfish

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Thu May 20, 2010 1:01 am

They're just topical antiandrogens really Smile

I keep improving my "last resort" treatment, originally it was Fin, Niz, Spectral DNC and stuff like that, now it's Crinagen and Spiro with optional fluridil, Fin, Regenepure, and Xandrox with Retin-A to recover my hairline!

It's just I love my hair a LOT, and I don't want to see it going back, so I came up with a plan B!

Basically as far as I can tell Spiro, flutamide and RU all work by binding to the androgen receptors on follicles. Fin removes 5ar.. I'm not sure about Crinagen, possibly a range of effects. And flurigil I think actually attacks the androgen receptor lol

El Duterino on a number of sites was saying that it's best to combine the three approaches for a more like, comprehensive and synergic approach.

Man I really can't work out whether to go for this plan B approach or not >.<
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down