Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia

3 posters

Go down

D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia Empty D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:21 am

Am J Dermatopathol. 2010 Apr 20.

D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia.
Mahalingam M, Hoang MP.

From the *Dermatopathology Section, Department of Dermatology, Boston University School of Medicine; and daggerDepartment of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.

Abstract
The pathogenesis of scarring alopecia is believed to be related to damage to stem cells within, and outside the confines of, the follicular bulge region. Scattered reports indicate that D2-40, a monoclonal antibody that specifically detects a fixation-resistant epitope on podoplanin, highlights the basal cell layer of the outer root sheath. Given this, we sought to ascertain involvement of the same in a total of 52 cases of alopecia (33 scarring and 19 nonscarring). D2-40 expression, noted in the peripheral layer of the outer root sheath (above and below attachment of the pilar muscle), was similar in 24/33 (73%) and increased in 9/33 (27%) in the infundibular region of cases of scarring alopecia in comparison to its expression in 17/19 (90%; no expression noted in the other 2) of cases of nonscarring alopecia. The absence of a unifying diagnosis in entities demonstrating an increase precludes any correlation from being made regarding D2-40 expression and histologic diagnosis. However, more recently, podoplanin has been shown to be a novel Fos target gene in some skin cancers. Thus, from a scientific perspective, involvement of Fos-dependent transcription mechanisms in the etiopathogenesis of select scarring alopecias does not seem entirely unreasonable although studies defining the role of the Fos-podoplanin axis in development of the normal hair follicle are required before a definitive conclusion can be drawn.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia Empty Re: D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia

Post  hadrion Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:48 am

IH -- Can you translate this to English, lol? I'm interested in what it means.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia Empty Re: D2-40 Expression in Primary Scarring and Nonscarring Alopecia

Post  Zaphod Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:12 am

i'd like to know more about it as well... is there any particular regimen formed to treat it?

D2-40 expression is found in to be serious factor also in different diseases. Crohn's disease for example.

Scary thougth i have 2 scars on my head yet from my teens. Doctors said i was hit, of course that's not true. Bad to is worse - i until recently believed it was regular alopecia areata... Any thought will be welcome.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down