Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects

4 posters

Go down

Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects Empty Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects

Post  Misirlou Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:13 pm

So, it's been discussed before but perhaps not exclusively in one thread.
When experiencing side effects due to finasteride, what could be done except throwing the pills in the trashcan? bom
CS mentioned 7HMR earlier, why would it help?
Please give me more info and also tips of product that could help reduce the sides.

Nid, speak up! drunken

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects Empty Re: Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects

Post  nidhogge Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:41 am

All I can think of is to use Maca to help restore libido that may be lowered by Finasteride, though I don't see it so much as fixing the problem as I do masking it. You know that I'd recommend Ainterol's Pueraria Mirifica any day over Propecia. Smile

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects Empty Re: Rescue plan: Inhibit finasteride side effects

Post  sublime9 Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:41 am

7hmr and maca for balance and DIM for any bad estrogen kick-up.

Like Nid said, you are only going to mask the actual issue. It's a tough decision to make going off of fin and most of it is probably psychological. It will not give you back the libido you once had but you should be in good shape.

Best of luck.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  ganny Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:59 am

nidhogge wrote:All I can think of is to use Maca to help restore libido that may be lowered by Finasteride, though I don't see it so much as fixing the problem as I do masking it. You know that I'd recommend Ainterol's Pueraria Mirifica any day over Propecia. Smile

Nidhogge, from the discussions on the forum it looks like PM is generating a lot user confidence. Are you saying that Ainterol's PM can match the results of Propecia? My brother is taking the latter to supplement a HT he did two years ago, and it's definitely closing up the bald spot on the back of his head (his HT was done mostly on the hairline and frontal areas since the back wasn't so bad). His sides from Propecia is def. a diminished libido (not that bad though), but little else (as far as I know).

I'm on the top 6 plus the first tier of supplementals and topicals and I'm looking for supplements with observed results that are shared by several people. On the IH regimen I've experienced an improvement in my skin texture (less dry), my energy (feeling rather vigorous) and hair texture (feels less dry). There have been no discernible changes in my hair. I've only been on the regimen for a month so I'm not expecting to see anything yet.

I guess I'm like most people. I'm willing to do a lot to reverse my hairloss (or keep existing hair till I can afford a HT), but I don't want to adopt a whole new lifestyle only to find out that genetics indeed wins out. Having said that I'm up for the challenge, just need the occasional lighthouse on the way to my destination! : )

I've also started investigating the laser helmets. Really interesting info!

BTW, thanks for the great comments and info you've provided on the forums. It's appreciated!

Gan

ganny

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:13 am

Gan,

You're definitely welcome man, and I'm glad to hear that your brother is having good results with Propecia. I would hate to have him switch to PM over Propecia and then lose the results that he's attained, but I don't see anything wrong with starting on the PM while on Propecia. Recommending a laser device to him would be a good option as well, something that I think every HT recipient ought to have in his or her arsenal as if you get a hairline transplant and then begin to diffuse thing behind it, the HT becomes pretty evident to folks. I think that those two together would be pretty effective in gradually replacing Propecia and increasing results even further over time.

I'm real glad to hear of the immediate results that you've gotten from the top 6! I trust that over the next few months as long as you stay consistent and patient, you'll notice good results with your hair as well. Don't worry about genetics, that's what we're all fighting here. Smile

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down