Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptyToday at 6:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics

2 posters

Go down

CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics Empty CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics

Post  gbp2000 Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:10 pm

I've been meaning to post this a while. I've been wondering a few things about sun exposure.

CS, you've spoken of adequate vitamin C preventing sun burn. Does the vitamin c prevent tanning (ie - is that a part of burning), or does the tanning come before the burning. I ask because I intend to get at least an hours sun a day this summer (weather permitting).

My face doesn't tend to burn easily (never in fact), but the rest of my body (arms etc) havn't seen much exposure and burn easily.

My dad tends to tan very rapidly, even a few hours exposure in winter will cause his skin to darken. He has wondered if this is because his dad made him spends 30 minutes in direct sun at midday every day (this is what he himself had done to adapt to the sun in the desert in WWII).

I'm also wondering, if like food - could an environmental factor like sun exposure alter genetic expression?

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics Empty Re: CS: Sun Exposure and Epigenetics

Post  Guest Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:19 pm

Excess sun exposure can cause mutations. UV radiation isn't that great. The reason why your skin cells produce meltonin is to prevent such overexposure. I think you should look up guides on how to tan (that's what you want right?) and limiting exposure so you don't end up with some crazy carcinoma. I'd say do some research as I'm not entirely sure what answer your looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post  gbp2000 Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:47 pm

No Dave,

I'm not after tanning, but tanning is something that will occur. I'm after increased Vitamin D production, and I don't want to be burning.

I'm taking it you've not spent a huge amount of time reading here - my aim is to get a lot more sun, without burning as the health benefits will far outway the UV exposure assuming I don't go crazy.

My question though, is really about Epigenetics and sun exposure.

gbp2000

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:58 pm

gbp2000 - Once your skin turns pink, it's best to seek cover, because at that point, you've absorbed all the vitamin D that you can that day and will only risk burning after that point.

As far as genetics, vitamin D affects 10% of the human genome. It's probably the greatest modulator of genetic expression of any other "vitamin." Of course vitamin D is really a secosteroid or a hormone.

If you take regular vitamin C, it will do nothing to prevent sun burn. The only thing that will help as far as vitamin C goes is ascorbyl palmitate (a fat soluble form).

There are other things that help to prevent burn--Krill oil helps to an extent, so does Ecklonia Cava.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down