Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» China is at it again
Creatine question EmptyToday at 2:05 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Creatine question EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Creatine question EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Creatine question EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Creatine question EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Creatine question EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Creatine question EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Creatine question EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Creatine question EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Creatine question

+2
CausticSymmetry
Ramjet
6 posters

Go down

Creatine question Empty Creatine question

Post  Ramjet Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:12 am

It is suggested to take creatine with fruit juice to spike insulin so the creatine would be better absorbed. I know you suggest over 50 to supplement creatine with resistance training. So is the insulin spike not a problem to you? Is it a daily thing or should it be cycled on and off?

Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Creatine question Empty Re: Creatine question

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:03 am

Ramjet - Instead of using fruit juice, just take it with Lipoic Acid and it will be utilized better.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramjet Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:07 am

Wow, hell of an idea, thanks!!

Ramjet

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:51 am

IH--

I heard that you can increase creatine absorption using warm water or something...sound familiar at all? I have been using R-Lipoic Acid and ALCAR at 1g post-workout along with my 10g of Creatine and 40+g of Protein (Whey Isolate) though.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:40 am

nidhogge - I didn't know that, good tip, thanks.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:43 pm

Nid - do you "cycle" your use of creatine or do you use it continuously (after everyworkout)?

I've been taking a teaspoon (4.5 grams I think) w/ ALA prework out and a teaspoon post. I do a few weeks on a few weeks off but Im not sure what frequency I should be "cycling" it.

On another note I remember reading somewhere that its best to add a pinch of salt to it (to help keep it from breaking down too rapidly) and let it sort of dissolve in the mouth as it can get absorbed directly into the cheek and gum tissue more easily that in the stomach - were the stomach acid will break it down.

Project: JS

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:19 am

JS--

I'm not sure if cycling helps or not to be honest. In my opinion, cycling works like this--you take it for a month or two, your results increase, and then they level out. You get off the Creatine, lose some of those results, then get back on it and get them back again. People say "your body adapts to it that's why you have to cycle" but by what mechanism does your body adapt to it? I mean, it's just amino acids, and it's not as if our body adapts to protein (also amino acids)...it's something we always need.

I think your salt idea is quite interesting--gonna have to try that out with my Sea Salt. Smile

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Nid - I think you might have a point about cycling not being necessary. Im not sure Im ready to gamble on it tho.. haha I think you might be braver on this then me!

Back to top Go down

Post  Socceroo Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:00 pm

I've heard a lot of things about creatine...some good...some bad...I've been hesitant to try it

Socceroo

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:15 am

Socceroo wrote:I've heard a lot of things about creatine...some good...some bad...I've been hesitant to try it

Is this the bad type of stuff you have heard:

http://www.creatinemonohydrate.net

Unexplained Side Effects
Rumors about creatine abound and often stem from the public confusing creatine with anabolic steroids and not from factual occurrences. On the other hand, some unexplained side effects may be real, but may have escaped detection in the scientific arena. Unsubstantiated side effects sometimes attributed to creatine use include increased aggressiveness, anxiety, acne, male breast formation (gynecomastia), a reduction in penis size, hair loss (men) and body hair growth (women). Of these, aggressiveness, acne and hair loss are the most frequently reported.
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:19 am

I don't really understand where they're getting that info. on Creatine...it's almost as if they took it from steroid users who were using creatine as well.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:32 am

Socceroo & gregslater - those are side effects of steroids, definitely not creatine. Ive been using creatine on and off for about 10 years and I have never had (or even heard of) anything close to those symptoms.

The only thing I have experienced that would be considered a negative is if too much is taken, your body cant absorb all of it into the muscles and since it converts to bi-products after about 20 if not absorbed - it will take a bit of your body's water to flush out. So if too much is taken it causes water to flush out from your system and this can cause a temporary potassium imbalance - the same as if you were to take a diuretic. This can lead to temporary muscle cramps and fatigue. You have to take more than 10 grams at a time for this to happen though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:32 am

Also, just as an aside -Ive noticed that I can tolerate a teaspoonful - about 5 grams without any negative effects whatsoever. Of course the upside is more fluid in the muscle fiber, & more endurance for anaerobic workouts hence better workouts (hence faster muscle development).

After you stop taking it, your muscles will go down in size slightly as the fluid starts to dissipate from the muscle tissue, but the muscle gains themselves wont go away and you will be better off muscle-wise than when you started.

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:45 am

JS--

Well-said and I agree completely on that. In addition, just anecdotally speaking, I have never heard of anyone getting those sorts of sides from creatine. Prohormones, yes, steroids, yes, but definitely not Creatine.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  gregslater Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:13 am

I pointed out the statement on the website... I didn't say I agreed with it. I was asking the OP if the statements on that website were the type of negative remarks about creatine he had heard... as he didn't elaborate.

If you read that web page, they say those are typically the type of symptoms reported from steroid use. But people are reporting these issues and swearing they aren't using roids none-the-less (more anecdotal reports on the same website). Likely they are taking other things (doesn't have to be roids) and doing other things that increase their T for T->DHT and not talking anything to counter it.

Anyway, I remember back in 2004 or 2005 some guys on HLL were using it in topical with DMSO. Very Happy
gregslater
gregslater

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:59 pm

Gregslater - True, no worries.. And yes, if people are experiencing those sides I'd put money it was from some other component of their regimen. It may even be that the brand of creatine they are using has pro-hormone-type ingredients added in as well..although I dont know what brand that might be. However I do seem to remember seeing a fair amount muscle building supplements with questionable pro-hormone-type ingredients a few years back. Obviously I would try to avoid those, esp. if you are worried about hairloss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down