Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Awfully dry and sensitive skin? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Awfully dry and sensitive skin?

4 posters

Go down

Awfully dry and sensitive skin? Empty Awfully dry and sensitive skin?

Post  Micah Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:37 am

I started an earlier thread on a different skin issue, but this time I am asking about dry skin. (Except my nose gets really oily, forhead too. weird) My cheek areas and upper lip get very dry. EVERY facewash for acne I have ever used drys me out, but if i stop washing it gets too oily and I break out. All moisturizing products I have tried do not fix my condition either. It is an awful cycle and I do not know what to do about it. I am assuming the process of *washing-getting dried out-moisturizing-repeat* is NOT a good thing. Anybody here have any reccomendations? TheOne suggested magnesium oil for the oily nose. My skin is so sensitive to washes and is constantly dry, nothing seems to work.
Also, I grow insane amounts of facial hair. I could grow a full beard when I was a jr. When I shave my neck I get red bumpy things along neck. Very annoying, tried mutiple things , although they have helped slightly, not solving the problem.
Anyway, was wondering if anyone has any advice for my dry skin. I am on the Top 6 and Magnesium, along with Brewers Yeast. I am aware this is going to help my blemishes and overall wellbeing of my skin tremendously, which may lead to me not having to wash anymore. But I need moisture!

Micah

Back to top Go down

Awfully dry and sensitive skin? Empty Re: Awfully dry and sensitive skin?

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 am

Micah - Your skin should start to improve its moisture after a period. Usually dry skin is consequence of either (low iodine), or low Omega-3 fatty acids.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Micah Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:54 am

Yes, that makes perfect sense. It is already feeling a little better, looking forward to the next few weeks! Thank you

Micah

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Mon May 17, 2010 1:02 pm

CS, my skin has always been a bit dry and lately, last month or so, it's been itchy too. I supplement with krill oil and lugol's, any idea what else could be causing it?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  JosephineMarie Tue May 18, 2010 12:58 am

Micah wrote:I started an earlier thread on a different skin issue, but this time I am asking about dry skin. (Except my nose gets really oily, forhead too. weird) My cheek areas and upper lip get very dry. EVERY facewash for acne I have ever used drys me out, but if i stop washing it gets too oily and I break out. All moisturizing products I have tried do not fix my condition either. It is an awful cycle and I do not know what to do about it. I am assuming the process of *washing-getting dried out-moisturizing-repeat* is NOT a good thing. Anybody here have any reccomendations? TheOne suggested magnesium oil for the oily nose. My skin is so sensitive to washes and is constantly dry, nothing seems to work.
Also, I grow insane amounts of facial hair. I could grow a full beard when I was a jr. When I shave my neck I get red bumpy things along neck. Very annoying, tried mutiple things , although they have helped slightly, not solving the problem.
Anyway, was wondering if anyone has any advice for my dry skin. I am on the Top 6 and Magnesium, along with Brewers Yeast. I am aware this is going to help my blemishes and overall wellbeing of my skin tremendously, which may lead to me not having to wash anymore. But I need moisture!

A lot of commercially sold moisturizing products are crap and ultimately make your skin condition worse. Also a lot of oils sold to moisturize are not biologically similar to our own skin lipids. There are two oils that are biologically similar and these are emu oil and squalene. I get my emu oil from www.skinbiology.com and I get my squalene from Super Supplements, although I know you can buy in online. Skinbiology sells squalene too, but derived from olive if you have issues with animal derived oils--the squalene I buy is from shark liver (MAYUMI brand)--either, way, these help. So you could use your acne wash and then moisturize with a few drops of one of these. I too have the problem with the dry cheeks and oily t-zone and I don't get any breakouts from using the oils. There are other solutions for dry skin=retinol (not retinoic acid). Again, you can read about this and order it too from skinbiology.
JosephineMarie
JosephineMarie

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue May 18, 2010 4:33 am

sdguy - A temporary aid for dry skin is applying coconut oil.

Internally, borage oil is excelent for skin moisturizing.

Of course dry skin can occur from low thyroid.

If still no help, read this for more info:

http://www.immortalhair.org/apps/blog/show/2113023-dry-flaky-skin-psoriasis

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down