Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out

2 posters

Go down

Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out Empty Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out

Post  Whip Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:52 am

Ok, sounds crazy but I had a few handfuls of peanuts late last night. Skin, scalp and face became itchy. Could definitely feel some crawly sensation that I haven't felt normally, but it was late at night. Never had a problem with this before and have never had a reaction like this. Any ideas? Looked up peanuts allergic reaction and found this:

And, one curious fact I also found was that androstenedione at higher percentages actually is a growth inhibitor for Malassezia. So what we may have here is a feedback loop: Malassezai finds a home, makes a grease glob through converting sterols to an androgen, and then stops growing at the right point.

These include the imidazole family (ketoconazole and others), the polyene
family (nystatin and others), or topical applications of zinc pyrithione,
selenium sulfide, propylene glycol, and others. (Most of the systemic
drugs are by prescription only.) Positive effects should appear, as with
other fungal diseases, within two to four weeks.

My own experience and my reading suggest that the good effect I was
attributing to yogurt is probably due instead to the pineapple that I added to
it. I found that pineapple and kiwi fruit, as well as some other tropicals
(papaya, guava) contain a proteolytic enzyme called bromelain, which may have
anti-allergic properties. I suspect that this enzyme may help break up the
other enzymes that the yeasts themselves use to obtain food from their hosts.

But: I've been doing some digging on the original guess, that the yeast produces something that causes grease production to increase. I have found that some micro-organisms are known to be able to cleave the side chains of sterols, producing hormones. In particular, some micro-organisms can take plant sterols like sitosterol (found in legumes, I seem to remember), and make androstenedione, which has as one of its effects increased sebum production.

http://home.intekom.com/jly2/ttmhypothesis.htm

Whip

Back to top Go down

Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out Empty Re: Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out

Post  kijumn Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:37 am

whip - I had to come out of retirement to say that foods high in oxalates increase malassezia yeasts and candida. But that is if you have a problem with oxalates .... although oxalates build-up in our organs, tissues, etc. the older we get.

You can experiment with other extremely high oxalate foods to see if there is a connection ... keeping in mind that calcium, as well as others, bind to oxalates when taken before the meal so try to keep the meals very similiar when experimenting.

Alternatively ... mycotoxins.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out Empty Re: Eat peanuts late at night and see if the bugs come out

Post  Whip Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:48 am

Thanks JDP, it makes a lot of sense. Very hard to correct the symbiotic balance going on. You're right about the mycotoxins as well.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:56 am

What's interesting and I've mentioned months back but I know one person who had extremely aggressive hair loss and when he stopped eating his very large amounts of peanut butter and ice cream everyday. His hair loss appeared to stop or at the very least slow down.

Was it the peanut butter or the ice cream? I personally believe it was the peanut butter as he still consumes a lot of dairy.

Not sure if was the oxalates, mycotoxins or was a toxic lectin for him.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:28 am

Isn't that crazy that that's what the "allergy" is in peanuts? The average person has no idea.

Originally JDP, I thought it might be from arginine in the peanuts as I had a similar effect when I took beta-alanine, sort of like a nitric oxide effect since it happened so quickly.

Do you think these anti-bug diets changes the scalp lipids?

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:57 am

Yes. Definitely.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down