Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate)

4 posters

Go down

Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) Empty Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate)

Post  Project: JS Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:13 pm

I have been researching Magnesium Oil (magnesium chloride) and although I am interested in it, it is expensive enough that I have been hesitant take the plunge and purchase it. Then I came across this site regarding Magnesium Sulfate oil online:

"Epsom salt oil – Neither of my sons nor I liked the salty film left on the skin after a bath (felt itchy). I mixed some coconut oil in with the salts and water. Actually, it is more oil than water. Three tablespoons water plus four tablespoons salts plus 12 tablespoons coconut oil. The coconut oil is good for the skin anyway and it seems to counter the drying effect of the salts. I found that just mixing the salts and oil did not dissolve the salts, so I needed to add some water. I apply this liberally on the skin and it soaks in plus leaves the skin smooth and soft. Adjust the quantity of salts to your liking. "

from-->-http://www.enzymestuff.com/epsomsalts.htm

IH, Nid, Gibson, & the rest of the gang please feel free to help me out w/ this.. how much better would the Magnesium Oil from say www.puremagoil.com be compared to the homemade variety? Is there anything I sould be concerned about w/ using Mag. Sulfate (epsom salt) topically in a formula like this?

Ok and here is something I have been curious about.. topical magnesium is good for the scalp right? So I have a container of magnesium ortate powder..Would it be advisable to add say a teaspoon or two to the aubrey organic / dmso / lithium ortate concoction Ive been using.. or would that just be totally crazy?

Project: JS

Back to top Go down

Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) Empty Re: Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate)

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:43 am

Project: JS - There's a bit of difference. I wound healing is bad or diabetic, avoid epsom salts.

Magnesium oil is safer all around and is better absorbed.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate) Empty Re: Homemade Magnesium Oil - using Epsom Salts (Mag. Sulfate)

Post  nidhogge Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:01 am

I wish honestly that I could give you an opinion on the homemade Mag. Oil, but it'd really just be heresy with no true research to back it up or personal experience. While the Magnesium Chloride from puremagoil.com seems expensive on the surface, I'll tell you that I'm through barely a half of a 1/2 gallon and it's been a few months. It's virtually a year's supply at 5-8 dropperfuls a day applied to your scalp in the shower. I even put some in my armpits generally as a deodorant and to supply my body with more Magnesium.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:29 pm

Thats true.. not much research from what I can tell. But just as an experiement Im gonna try out using homemade mag. oil and see how that works. Then try out the store bought stuff and compare/contrast.

By the way... Nid, what brand did you recommend - ocean minerals or ancient? Any difference?

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:22 am

I recommend the Ocean Minerals but I don't think there's a real difference, just that the other one isn't salty (no Chloride). However, the Chloride bond is generally the type of Mag. Oil referred to when people say it's regrown hair though it's not to say the Ancient won't do the same.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:03 pm

Sweet.. Ocean minerals.. thank you.. Im gonna pick that up soon, Ill let you know how it works out.

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:13 am

Ya man, and for all you know, the salt component (Chloride) in the Ocean Minerals may be good at killing bacteria/demodex/etc. lying on your scalp. It's a pretty strong salt.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:17 pm

hmm interesting Nid.. Ive recently been wondering how big of a factor demodex might be in hair loss. Do you think mag oil is likely to be killing those off.. more so than the lithium / dmso / aubreys organic mix?

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:24 am

Just a quick FYI... I've been using the Ocean Minerals Mag Oil (upon nidogge's suggestion) in the shower with the Lithium/DMSO combo, and then at night on the crown and leaving it in all night. I have to say that my hair hasnt seemed this good in years. BTW, I replaced minox on the crown with this, and I have seen no loss since I stopped the minox and started with the mag oil, and seems like there's been some regrowth there.

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:31 am

Johnt--that's great to hear! Glad I got some feedback on that.

Also, I think that IH's rinse is phenomenal at fighting Demodex. They thrive on sebum, and his rinse is tops at dealing with sebum.

Best bet--

- IH rinse

Rinse it out.

- Mag. Oil

Don't rinse out.

I no longer rinse the Mag. Oil out when I shower before bed, which is usually. Smile

As for Demodex...see my post on topical Iodine (coming soon!).

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Excellent post Nid.. thanks for the explanation..

I think Im gonna have to pick up that Ocean Minerals Mag Oil youre on. I guess its worth it to order it with the Iodine in there as well.. Ill let you know how it works.

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:34 am

Definitely JH, I really like the stuff and it makes your hair feel great as well. I just towel dry my hair rather than rinse the Mag. Oil out at the end.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down