Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptyToday at 1:05 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp?

3 posters

Go down

IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? Empty IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp?

Post  hadrion Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:45 am

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=1679

I liked it because it also had tribulus in it, but I'm wondering if the 50mg dosage of DHEA is too high for me. I'm in my mid 30's.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? Empty Re: IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp?

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:30 am

hadrion - Exactly, 50 mg would be too much.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? Empty Re: IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp?

Post  Joejoebaggins Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Kind of on topic, IH what do you think of Oral Pregnenolone? Specifically for adrenal fatigue.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:31 pm

Pregnenolone is kind of a mystery, because it hasn't been as well studied on the other "mother" hormone. It's one of those things that works great for some and I'm still really trying to figure it out.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:51 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Pregnenolone is kind of a mystery, because it hasn't been as well studied on the other "mother" hormone. It's one of those things that works great for some and I'm still really trying to figure it out.

lol all the pros say that! There is a lot of internet talk that it raises estrogen and such, but my tests reveal that it doesn't and my Michigan doc concurs. He usually issues it for persons with lots of anxiety.

I'm on 50mg oral right now, seems to make me a little smarter Smile Thanks for your input IH!
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Joejoebaggins - If it helps, I have noticed a growing enthusiasm for it. It would seem that it covers all the bases, anyway thanks for the feedback.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Almost forgot:

There is one condition that Preg would be good for that I'm pretty confident about: Finasteride users.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:00 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:Almost forgot:

There is one condition that Preg would be good for that I'm pretty confident about: Finasteride users.

Awesome! I'm part of that miserable group. Thanks IH!
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:52 pm

What's the difference between DHEA and Pregenolone?

And what dosage should I be using of DHEA or should I stay away from it all together?

I was considering it since a year ago a Dr. felt I was metabolic syndrome -- I've since lost a lot of weight, but the fat around my belly is being stubborn.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:16 am

hadrion wrote:What's the difference between DHEA and Pregenolone?

And what dosage should I be using of DHEA or should I stay away from it all together?

I was considering it since a year ago a Dr. felt I was metabolic syndrome -- I've since lost a lot of weight, but the fat around my belly is being stubborn.

IH, can you give me your opinion on this DHEA supp? Adrenal_pathway

It's better to get DHEA tested before trying it, but there's no harm in testing out about 5mg a day. As IH sais, if you get any acne you don't need it. Pregnenolone did boost my DHEA a little but not as much as DHEA alone.

Unless you have specific problems I would try to stay away from this stuff, less to think about!
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:14 am

Great illustration JJB.

hadrion - Low Dhea sulfate levels are correlate with belly fat. Theoretically raising your DHEA levels will significantly reduce belly fat.

Note that adrenal fatigue accompanies low DHEA levels and correcting that can naturally boost DHEA levels. Of course with age, at some point it's a good idea to supplement.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:26 pm

I definitely think I have some adrenal fatigue. For the longest time I've been a night person who can sleep all day and work all night -- as a writer, it's a good problem since writing at night is a good time, but I also had a sincere problem falling asleep at night -- once I fell asleep, I stayed asleep, but it took awhile. Add in the hair loss, belly fat and the fact that I get sleepy during the day and I seem to have a lot of the symptoms, although since refining my regimen over the months I've seen a marked improvement in physical well being.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:30 pm

hadrion wrote:I definitely think I have some adrenal fatigue. For the longest time I've been a night person who can sleep all day and work all night -- as a writer, it's a good problem since writing at night is a good time, but I also had a sincere problem falling asleep at night -- once I fell asleep, I stayed asleep, but it took awhile. Add in the hair loss, belly fat and the fact that I get sleepy during the day and I seem to have a lot of the symptoms, although since refining my regimen over the months I've seen a marked improvement in physical well being.

Sounds like all the hallmarks of adrenal fatigue Sad

Are you taking plenty of B5 & Vit C?

IH, quite a lot of different opinions on adrenal glandular products, have you had a lot of success with them in your clinic? What about the non-standard process ones?
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  hadrion Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:31 pm

Joejoebaggins wrote:
hadrion wrote:I definitely think I have some adrenal fatigue. For the longest time I've been a night person who can sleep all day and work all night -- as a writer, it's a good problem since writing at night is a good time, but I also had a sincere problem falling asleep at night -- once I fell asleep, I stayed asleep, but it took awhile. Add in the hair loss, belly fat and the fact that I get sleepy during the day and I seem to have a lot of the symptoms, although since refining my regimen over the months I've seen a marked improvement in physical well being.

IH, quite a lot of different opinions on adrenal glandular products, have you had a lot of success with them in your clinic? What about the non-standard process ones?

JoeJoe -- Definitely taking plenty of B5 and Vit C. My symptoms, outside of the hair loss, have all improved since getting into IH's regimen and corresponding with him on ancillary supps. I'm sleeping much better and falling asleep much easier. I think the belly fat is starting coming down too.

It just sucks that I went to many Dr.'s when this first occurred and they told me there was nothing wrong with me losing some weight couldn't help.

That's all well and good, but I was eating right and working my ass off at the gym and my weight was budging and their suggestion wasn't there could be an underlying issue but that I should go meet with a nutritionist.

Quacks.

hadrion

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:38 pm

hadrion wrote:
Joejoebaggins wrote:

JoeJoe -- Definitely taking plenty of B5 and Vit C. My symptoms, outside of the hair loss, have all improved since getting into IH's regimen and corresponding with him on ancillary supps. I'm sleeping much better and falling asleep much easier. I think the belly fat is starting coming down too.

It just sucks that I went to many Dr.'s when this first occurred and they told me there was nothing wrong with me losing some weight couldn't help.

That's all well and good, but I was eating right and working my ass off at the gym and my weight was budging and their suggestion wasn't there could be an underlying issue but that I should go meet with a nutritionist.

Quacks.

A story that gets told too much. I know how you feel.

How old are you? You definitely might want to give a small amount of DHEA a trial. Here's a list of symptoms:

http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C11446.html
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down