Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata Empty Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:52 pm

I been making homemade alcohol extract from passion flower the last couple of weeks, but i think I took too much, since it caused insomnia, agitation and depresson, and even physical pain associated with depressive thoughts .. which made me wonder quite alot, since passion flower is oftebn used to treat (reverse) such conditions .. (which before PF extract for 2-3 weeks I did not have at all) So I found out, it contains some harmala alkaloids that can induce such poor states, by overdose or sensitivity. In any case, i stumbled upon some pretty interestiung drug-info involving extracts from Passiflora incarnata (passion flower), Peganum harmala (syrian rue), Banisteriopsis caapi (principal ingredient in yage)

Next thing i want to do, is make an extract getting rid of harmala alkaloids, i have not yet come across aromata inhibitor as powerful as passion flower.

The DMT of course is not something i would add.

http://deoxy.org/gz_betac.htm

Three Beta-Carboline Containing Plants As Potentiators of Synthetic DMT and Other Indole Psychedelics
a technical note from the underground by Gracie and Zarkov

WARNING: This paper is aimed at the serious student and/or researcher of psychedelic substances. Unlike many of our more popularly oriented articles and papers we do not intend it for our recreationally inclined friends on the psychedelic underground. Given the diets and drug habits of most contemporary "heads", the use of MAO inhibitors could easily result in serious physical complications (LIKE DEATH). Additionally, these states are so intense that unless you are crazy enough to regard 50mg of DMT or 7.5 grams of potent stropharia mushrooms as the beginning of a good time, these mixes are definitely NOT FOR YOU.

The content of this technical note will, we hope, provide researchers interested in the beta-carboline/tryptamine combinations with some "hard empirical facts" combined with our musings. Hopefully, these will spawn new ideas for further experiments in this very exciting and very confusing area of psychedelic research.
SUMMARY
The purpose of this paper is to summarize our current work with three beta- carboline, Harmala alkaloid-containing plants, i.e.,

Passiflora incarnata (passion flower)
Peganum harmala (syrian rue)
Banisteriopsis caapi (principal ingredient in yage)

Specifically, we wish to report on the phenomena and comparitive activity when extracts of each of these plants are smoked in conjunction with DMT.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata Empty Re: Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:07 am

Anyone has experience with making homemade extracts?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata Empty Re: Bad reaction to passion flower incarnata

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 am

cpio,

Passionflower works in one way as an MAOI. Be careful if you are taking other supplements like 5-htp or melatonin that increase serotonin, as well as any rx mood drugs obviously. Serotonin syndrome doesn't sound fun at all!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:37 am

Jharsh thanks for that warning .. PF worked really well for me, so well I already had ordered an additional 250 Gram herb. If only there was a way to get rid of the semi-toxic alkaloids and keep the flavonoid-composition which appears positively powerful.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 am

Real PF, hot water. 10 minutes. Drink.

Don't bother with the rest my friend ( concerning PF i mean)
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:22 pm

cpio,

Have you noticed any psychological effects from the PF? It is supposed to be great for stress.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:41 pm

Jharsh, it is relaxing/sedative in a moderate dose but reverses its effect if taken in higher dose. If you work with a bussy schedule etc. then it is too calming, it also blurs the mind abit.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks Cpio- good to know!

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Cpio,

Sorry I gave you some incorrect info. I was mixing up rhodiola with passionflower regarding the MAOI part.

Passiflora incarnata

When administered intraperitoneally to rats, Passiflora incarnata (passionflower) extract significantly prolonged sleep time. (130) Other animal models demonstrate Passiflora exerts anxiolytic effects via opioid (132) and GABA/benzodiazepine receptors. (131,132) The anxiolytic effects of Passiflora are thought to be attributed to a specific benzoflavone compound. (133)

In a four-week RCT, 36 patients (18 in each group) with general anxiety disorder were assigned to 45 drops/day Passiflora plus a placebo tablet or 30 mg/day oxazepam plus placebo drops. Both were effective at decreasing anxiety, with no significant differences between the groups; the oxazepam group experienced significant impairment of job performance. (134)

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:40 pm

Jharsh, it is interesting with the unnamed specific benzoflavone moiety (BZM) .. i have the whole study where they find it, i can post it, and dont want to disclose the name because they want to patent it. But this BZM is also found to be a stronger aromatase inhbitor than even chrysin .. that stuff is good for hair. However the specific name may have been leaked or something, because you can find it on wikipedia if you look cloesely Smile

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:43 pm

Beneficial effects of chrysin and benzoflavone on virility in 2-year-old male rats.

Dhawan K, Kumar S, Sharma A.

Pharmacognosy Division, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014, India.

This work describes the potential usefulness of bioflavonoids for countering the deleterious effects of aging on male sexuality in 2-year-old rats. A flavone chrysin from Passiflora caerulea Linn. and a benzoflavone moiety (BZF) recently isolated from Passiflora incarnata Linn. were administered to 2-year-old male rats for a period of 30 days. After cessation of these treatments, there was a significant improvement in overall sexual functions in the rats given bioflavonoids, compared with control rats. The rats receiving chrysin (1 mg/kg) and BZF (10 mg/kg) exhibited increased libido when they were allowed to interact with nonestrous female rats. Additionally, both treated groups had increased sperm count, greater fertilization potential, and greater litter size when they were allowed to interact with proven proestrous female rats of a similar strain. BZF was more potent than chrysin as an antiaromatase agent and exhibited better effects on the sexual system of the 2-year-old male rats. Plant flavonoids have great potential for clinical and therapeutic applications against the physiological and biochemical effects of aging.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Journal of Ethnopharmacology 94 (2004) 1–23 Passiflora: a review update

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARgYFfYhif7gZGd2cDN3dGdfMTlkeGRzaHM5Ng&hl=en

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:39 pm

cpio - POWER FLOWER brother !!!!!!!!! Wink
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:58 pm

lol, eruope, you should try the alcohol extract .. it is better than water infusion in my experience. Just fill jar with dry herb up half, then pour over vodka so all herb is covered .. then let sit for 3 weeks, strain .. good stuff Smile

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:15 am

7,8-Benzoflavone, ANF,2-phenylbenzo[h]chromen-4-one

alpha-Naphthoflavone, also known as 7,8-benzoflavone, is naturally occurring in Knapweed roots and as a trimoiety in passiflora.[1] It is also known as 2-phenylbenzo[h]chromen-4-one.
[edit] See also

* beta-Naphthoflavone

[edit] References

1. ^ Dhawan K, Dhawan S, Sharma A (2004). "Passiflora: a review update". J Ethnopharmacol 94 (1): 1–23. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2004.02.023. PMID 15261959.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 am

Check out this study, 100 % (!!!!) inhibition of breast cancers ..

alpha-naphthoflavone = 7,8-benzoflavone

Vitamin C and alpha-naphthoflavone prevent estrogen-induced mammary tumors and decrease oxidative stress in female ACI rats.

Mense SM, Singh B, Remotti F, Liu X, Bhat HK.

Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, 60 Haven Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA.

The mechanisms underlying the pathogenesis of estrogen-induced breast carcinogenesis remain unclear. The present study investigated the roles of estrogen metabolism and oxidative stress in estrogen-mediated mammary carcinogenesis in vivo. Female August Copenhagen Irish (ACI) rats were treated with 17beta-estradiol (E(2)), the antioxidant vitamin C, the estrogen metabolic inhibitor alpha-naphthoflavone (ANF), or cotreated with E(2) + vitamin C or E(2) + ANF for up to 8 months. E(2) (3 mg) was administered as an subcutaneous implant, ANF was given via diet (0.2%) and vitamin C (1%) was added to drinking water. At necropsy, breast tumor incidence in the E(2), E(2) + vitamin C and E(2) + ANF groups was 82, 29 and 0%, respectively. Vitamin C and ANF attenuated E(2)-induced alterations in oxidative stress markers in breast tissue, including 8-iso-prostane F(2alpha) formation and changes in the activities of antioxidant enzymes superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. Quantification of 2-hydroxyestradiol (2-OHE(2)) and 4-hydroxyestradiol (4-OHE(2)) formation in breast tissue confirmed that ANF inhibited 4-hydroxylation of E(2) and decreased formation of the highly carcinogenic 4-OHE(2). These results demonstrate that antioxidant vitamin C reduces the incidence of estrogen-induced mammary tumors, increases tumor latency and decreases oxidative stress in vivo. Further, our data indicate that ANF completely abrogates breast cancer development in ACI rats. The present study is the first to demonstrate the inhibition of breast carcinogenesis by antioxidant vitamin C or the estrogen metabolic inhibitor ANF in an animal model of estrogen-induced mammary carcinogenesis. Taken together, these results suggest that E(2) metabolism and oxidant stress are critically involved in estrogen-induced breast carcinogenesis.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:22 am

Very interesting Cpio,

Amazing how everything ties together in the body and affects it as a whole. I was reading on adrenal fatigue and I noticed that hypoglycemia leads to it. Then you can see how diet, and supps that balance blood sugar (insulin) benefit both AF and hair. Estrogen dominance can lead to adrenal fatigue or coincide with it. Estrogen causes anxiety in many people on hair forums (either finasteride induced or otherwise.) Natural benzoflavones from PF hit the gaba-benzo receptors and alleviate anxiety and inhibit aromatase. It kind of goes in a circle like everything else in life. Be cautious with long term everyday use of the PF as a tolerance and dependence may develop similar to benzodiazpines which IMO have a withdrawal much worse than any other drug. Google 'benzodiazepine withdrawal syndrome' and look at the wiki entry if you want to have an idea what hell is like. I take valerian which does binds to benzo receptors and I am starting to take breaks or lower the dosage to avoid any complications.

Interesting too how vitamin C can also lower aromotase. Vitamin C is THE best thing for adrenal fatigue in my opinion. I have lab confirmed adrenal fatigue as well as E dominance, and I take 2-3 grams of C with bioflavonoids, 3-4 times a day along with 200mg magnesium citrate, and it has a calming effect similar to a rx drug. It's amazing how overlooked vitamin C is:

6. Increase vitamin C intake if necessary. It’s perhaps the most important nutrient in facilitating adrenal function and repair. Dr. Wilson writes that “The more cortisol made, the more vitamin C is used. Vitamin C is so essential to the adrenal hormone cascade and the manufacture of adrenal steroid hormones that before the measurement of adrenal steroid hormones became available, the blood level of vitamin C was used as the best indicator of adrenal function level in animal research studies.”

Vitamin C Dosing
I recommend all patients take a minimum of 1,800 mgs a day of vitamin C. Much larger amounts of vitamin C may be needed for adrenal restoration, but it’s best to begin with 1,800-2,000mg daily and increase by an additional 1,000–2,000mg a day, up to 10,000 mgs or until a person has a loose bowel movement. If a loose bowel movement occurs, I recommend they reduce their dose by 1,000 mgs. They should keep reducing the dose by 500–1,000 mgs daily until they no longer have loose stools. This is the ideal dose of vitamin C.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:28 am

This search..."vitamin c adrenal glands estrogen" produces nothing but adrenal fatigue hits on Google, and notice the word fatigue is absent.

Adrenal Fatigue and Vitamin C
Michael Lam, MD, MPH
www.DrLam.com

Adrenal fatigue sufferers invariably have inadequate supply of many key nutrients, including vitamin C, pantothenic acid, and pantethine. Out of these, sub-clinical vitamin C deficiency is the most prevalent. While no outward symptom of scurvy is seen as in clinical vitamin C deficiency, the body's need and appetite for vitamin C go up tremendously when the adrenals are weak. The highest concentration of vitamin C in the body is in the adrenals, where it is needed the most. Vitamin C helps the body repair and maintains connective tissue. It is a key catalyst of adrenal hormone production, including cortisol. Its antioxidant effects are important in the presence of tissue-destroying oxidants in periodontal disease as well as infections from a variety of sources. Those suffering from adrenal fatigue invariably needs large amount of Vitamin C for optimal recovery. In additon to its critical adrenal support function, vitamin C is perhaps the best electron donor because of its water-soluble properties and thus readily bio-available to the cells. Toxins deplete electron stores at the cell. Having sufficient electrons inside the cell reverse potential cell death brought on by bacterial , environmental, and industrial toxins.

In addition to its adrenal support function, vitamin C helps in the formation of critical collagens responsible for keeping the vascular system and musculo-skeletal system pliable and healthy. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Most proteins such as enzymes and co-factors occur in a small amount but there are a few exceptions, notably hemoglobin (in red blood cells) and collagen that exist in abundance throughout the body. In the blood vessels, collagen, together with elastic fibers, from an integral part of the sub-endothelial connective tissue just below the endothelium (a single layer of very thin squamous epithelial cell that lines all blood vessels), as well as the external elastic lamina. Collagen also contributes to the supporting framework upon which skeletal muscle operates. Proper collagen synthesis is required for optimum health. Having adequate vitamin C stablizes blood pressure and reduces the catabolic state typically experienced by adrenal fatigue sufferers.

Collagen is a complex molecule, the production of which occurs in several stages. The amino acids glycine and proline are the two key components. When they are exposed to Vitamin C, they form a compound called pro-collagen. The exact mechanism is not known, but studies have shown that prolonged exposure of human connective tissue culture to Vitamin C results in an eight-fold increase in the synthesis of collagen and not other proteins. The pro-collagen, a precursor to collagen is then converted into collagen in a reaction that substitutes a hydroxyl group, OH, for a hydrogen atom, H, in the proline and lysine point of the polypeptide pro-collagen chain. When Vitamin C is added, this hydroxylation process is catalyzed by 2 different enzymes called prolyl-4-hydroxylase and lysyl-hydroxylase. As such, Vitamin C functions as a catalyst. Because the body does not make vitamin C, it has to be supplied externally.

Collagen is omnipresent in our body. It forms the foundational matrix of our skin, bones, teeth, blood vessels, eyes, heart, and essentially the whole body. Collagen is stronger than a steel wire of the same weight. When it is combined with elastin and macropolysaccharides, a connective tissue network forms. It is this network that holds our body together. Collagen is so important in our bodies that without it, our body will not function. Of all the non-mineral constituents of the mammalian body, collagen forms a large proportion next to water and fats. In adrenal fatigue, the body breaks down collagen and muscle for fuel. This catabolic state lead to weakening of the skeletal system, with symptoms such as fibromyalgia, chronic muscular pain of unknown origin, joint pain, loss of muscle tone, and reduced muscle strength. This collagen must be replaced for the body to heal. The main building blocks of collagen are glycine, proline, lysine and Vitamin C, out of which only proline can be manufactured by the body from glutamine. The importance of Vitamin C's role in supporting collagen synthesis cannot be over-emphasized.

In time of stress and adrenal fatigue, the body's requirement for vitamin C can easy go up 10 to 20 fold or more. Having a sufficient level of vitamin C in the body is therefore critical to help the adrenals make anti-inflammatory hormones including cortisol, prevent catabolic state from worsening, boost immune function to fight infection, prevent heart disease, overcome opportunistic infections, and neutralize systemic toxins from environmental and periodontal diseases. Proper vitamin C fortification should therefore be a cornerstone of any adrenal recovery program and any pre-surgery setting where immune optimization is desired. Because there is no blood thinning effect, prophylactic vitamin C can be used safely prior to surgery.

Vitamin C comes in many forms. Each form of vitamin C has its own properties and characteristics. Ascorbic acid tends to be more acidic and "spiky", while buffered vitamin C tends to be a bit more gentle. Some people do well with ascorbic acid; while others develop gastric irritation or find it make them anxious. Most people also develop a harmless diarrhea at high doses. Most vitamin C commercially available are derived from corn sources, while some are from food sources. Food source vitamin C may raise blood sugar level, while those who have corn allergy may find corn source vitamin C intolerable. Vitamin C itself has adaptogenic properties. Manifestation of these characteristics is highly dependent on the degree of adrenal fatigue and the body's constitutional make-up. Side effects are rare even at high doses. Annoyance can include constipation, anxiety, irritability, fatigue, and insomnia which are normally, but not always, dose dependent.

Vitamin C is available in various oral delivery systems as well, from capsules, tablets, liquid, intravenous, powder, to effervescent forms. Absorption from the GI tract to the hepatic circulation varies from 5-18%. A bowl tolerance level is usually reached from 5,000- 10,000 mg, where harmless diarrhea occurs. The diarrhea usually goes away within 24 hours if the dosage is reduced.

Because over 80% of ordinary oral vitamin C passes through the gastrointestinal track unabsorbed, ultimate bio-availability to the cell is severely limited. This has been a great challenge. The electron donation and thus toxin-reversal and anti-bacterial effect of vitamin C can only be relied upon when administered in very high doses.

Up until recently, intravenous administration remains the best option to deliver high dose vitamin C to the cells in case of that suffering adrenal fatigue or those who needs it. Common dosage ranges from 30 to 50 grams IV vitamin C slow infusion. This is a time consuming process and is expansive.

In recent years, the advance of nanotechnology and liposomal encapsulation technology offers a significantly enhanced oral liquid delivery system with superior absorption from the small intestine rather than from the stomach. This cutting edge liposomal delivery system dramatically improves bio-availability and is by far the best oral form of vitamin C delivery system available. Liposomal delivery system is ideally suited for adrenal fatigue because high dose can be administered easily by mouth and is relatively inexpensive. Because absorption occurs at the small intestine and the stomach is bypassed, gastric irritation is minimal if any. Diarrhea is also significantly reduced because most is absorbed and does not remain in the GI tract where it triggers water retention at the large bowl and thus diarrhea..

While the bio-availability of vitamin C delivered by liposome is far superior to other forms of vitamin C, ascorbic acid in its various forms still has its place and should not be ignored. The absorption tends to be faster and results more immediate for these other forms. Because each body reacts differently to vitamin C, there is no "one size fit all" protocol. A thorough knowledge of these forms, including the pros and cons and the characteristics of mineral ascorbates and fat-soluable ascorbates, is important. Various forms of ascorbates, including regular and liposomal vitamin C should be use together in a nutritional blend or cocktail mix for maximum and sustained effect.

Dosage:

Commercially available oral liposomal vitamin C, such as LipoNanoTM C, is the preferred delivery system. The dosage varies greatly from person to person, but most do well with 3,000 to 6,000 mg a day for adrenal fatigue.

Mineral ascorbates (preferably magesium ascorbate) dosage range from 500 mg to 10,000 per day.

Fat-soluable vitamin dosage range from 100-2000 mg per day.

Effervescent and chewable forms shoiuld be avoided.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:12 pm

Jharsh, I read several places that the benzoflavones in PF does not produce withdrawal symptoms .. if they do it is a big minus for this plant. I use it only for hair, i respond very well to it hairwise. But damn, it is a weird plant, it gave me wild dreams tonight in a deep sleep. it defintely does something in the brain, that i have not experienced with other plants. Do you know of other plants that are equal in aromatase inhinbition but with less CNS activity? I think PF may be a challenge to take everyday for hair. But damn, what an impressive plant.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Whats a good capsule vitamin C supplement?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:23 pm

Haha What's goin on with people changing their names? Good to know you can still keep your post count. I may do that too actually. It could be convenient in some ways.

NE,

I don't know about other herbal A.I.s. I remember looking into it before and not coming up with anything really solid. PF sounds pretty cool to try if nothing else. I have consumed a plant substance or two in my day for the hell of it. Have you noticed any indicators that it may be blocking estrogen? You can't really use psychological responce- ie..improved mood or wellbeing for an indicator because it has psychotropic properties as well.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Jharsh, i have two pairs of hair loss symptoms:

pair 1: hair is coarse, hair is dry

pair 2: scalp is itching, hair is thinning

When i take PF i can feel it on my scalp after 20-30 minutes, it makes the hair soft, and natural moist returns .. then pair 2 goes away or is drastically reduced. Very impressive
from just one plant, maybe i am a good responder to this particular benzoflavones .. but i also seem to respond alot of the CNS effects.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  europe Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:10 am

There's still left : south europe, west europe and est europe.

Otherwise, choose another land brothers !
europe
europe

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:27 am

europe - Actually South Europe is already taken.

I guess that leaves Eastern and Western Europe.

lol!

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  baygirl Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Please be careful when using Passion Flower. I have read Passion Flower can have bad side effects for your hair and other health issues. Please see the website that I found listed below for this information:

http://www.livestrong.com/supplement/272-passion-flower/

Another website I found to visit for side effects is:

http://www.anniesremedy.com/herb_detail293.php

(This one talks about Passion Flower may aggrivate conditions caused by excessive testosterone and the bad reactions that could happen to hair, skin, etc. Please read warnings for pregnancy, etc. Please read for yourself to be the best judge.)

I was taking a natural herbal sleep aid and it contains Passion Flower (aerial portion) Extract and each pill contains 200mg. (Standardized to contain 3.5% flavnoids). I was taking two at night. I am experiencing some hair loss but not sure if it is definately from it. I stopped taking it anyway and hoping for the best. Good luck to everyone. Hope this information is helpful to someone!

baygirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next