Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Revita shampoo allergy question... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Revita shampoo allergy question...

3 posters

Go down

Revita shampoo allergy question... Empty Revita shampoo allergy question...

Post  Decro435 Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 am

Has anyone here suffered an allergic reaction to Nizoral or Revita shampoo after using it for a prolonged period?.

I have been using Revita shampoo for 20 days non-stop and was very happy with it's ablity to stop inflammation which is quite prevalent. Though suddenly on the 20th day of my use, my face flared up and became very red, swollen and scaly. It's two days later and the symptoms are getting better. I'm not exactly sure why it took 20 days for it to cause a reaction, has anyone else suffered a similar experience?.

Anyway, I'm asking this question because I want some information on how I can deal with this. I want to keep using this shampoo and was wondering whether I can just cut down. I want to use it at least 5 times per week as is recommended on the back of the bottle, but don't want to risk another flare up or any other adverse effects.

Here is the list of ingredients. Maybe someone could pin-point a likely cause just for reference.

INGREDIENTS
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Caffeine, Ketoconazole, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Seed Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract (Roobios), Apple Polyphenol (Procyanidin B-1), Carnitine HCl, Ornitine HCl, Acetyl Cysteine, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Taurine, Emu Oil, Biotin, Copper Peptides, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Spray Dried), Glycereth-7, Glycerin, Polyquaternium 10, Glycol Stearate, Menthyl Lactate (Menthol Derivative), EUK-134 (SOD Mimic/Spin Trap), PEG-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Menthol, Zinc PCA, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Red 40, Blue 1

Thanks for the help.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Revita shampoo allergy question... Empty Re: Revita shampoo allergy question...

Post  Gibson Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 am

Most likely the zinc which just finally wore your skin down to the point that you noticed. Any harsh detergent would do the same. And you can rule out allergy at the 20 day mark I assume. Either dial in the tolerable dose, or add a skin healer. I suggest mag oil. With mag oil, you should be able to use it as much as you want. But don't shun pain from mag oil application: that shows you need it.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:57 am

"Most likely the zinc which just finally wore your skin down to the point that you noticed. Any harsh detergent would do the same. And you can rule out allergy at the 20 day mark I assume. Either dial in the tolerable dose, or add a skin healer. I suggest mag oil. With mag oil, you should be able to use it as much as you want. But don't shun pain from mag oil application: that shows you need it."

I doubt that's the cause as it is applied to my head yet has only made my cheeks flare up, all happening within an hour or so. It was definitely an internal reaction of some sort. Anyobody have any other ideas?.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:20 am

That sucks man.

Back in the day I used topical minoxidil, for a couple of years actually. Then the shit (same formula) started to irritate and inflame my scalp really badly and it would cause me to shed because of the inflammation. Because of this, I had to stop topical minoxidil.

I do think that these things can just spring up and figuring out what exactly it is, can be a challenge.

Maybe you could start by just using Nizoral and seeing if you get the same reaction? That way you could cross keto off the list as being the problem ingredient.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 am

Decro435 wrote:"Most likely the zinc which just finally wore your skin down to the point that you noticed. Any harsh detergent would do the same. And you can rule out allergy at the 20 day mark I assume. Either dial in the tolerable dose, or add a skin healer. I suggest mag oil. With mag oil, you should be able to use it as much as you want. But don't shun pain from mag oil application: that shows you need it."

I doubt that's the cause as it is applied to my head yet has only made my cheeks flare up, all happening within an hour or so. It was definitely an internal reaction of some sort. Anyobody have any other ideas?.

Decro--

Your not alone in not being able to tolerate Revita. Look at other forums, it is a common complain. The skin on your face is much thinner and obviously in close enough proximity to be effected. Good luck figuring it out.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down