Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
Just not working.... EmptyToday at 5:05 am by Zaphod

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
Just not working.... EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
Just not working.... EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
Just not working.... EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Just not working.... EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Just not working.... EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
Just not working.... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Just not working.... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Just not working.... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Just not working....

+5
CausticSymmetry
sdguy
Misirlou
Paradox
fritzenburg
9 posters

Go down

Just not working.... Empty Just not working....

Post  fritzenburg Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:45 pm

Hey All,

I have been on my regime for roughly 6 months. I don't think it is really working much.
There was a brief period where my hair felt good, and shedding was WAY down.
But the last 3 months my shedding has increased lots, anytime I run my hand through my hair i get about 3-4 hairs, if i keeping running my hand through they just keep comin! My temples have pretty much withered and gone.

I have Norwood 7 on both sides of my family, so maybe it's just inevitable?
My mother suffers from low thyroid, and diabetes is rampant and strong on my fathers side.

Im not sure what I should do:
I consider my (low carb) diet excellent: organic grass fed meat, raw vegies, almonds, eggs, fish...etc. no wheat, pretty much no gluten, no coffee, VERY low alcohol intake.
I was thinking of upping my iodine intake as im only on the 2 1/2% version.

At this rate I will probably have to shave it in about 3 months or so...if this happens I will probably look into the papain/K2 topical action.

Any Advice guys?

fritzenburg

Back to top Go down

Just not working.... Empty Re: Just not working....

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm sorry to here that man. Still losing that bad even on finasteride huh? I don't have any useful advice unfortunately. Well, at least none that I would feel comfortable giving to someone else. I personally have a little bit of comfort knowing that I can always go back on dutasteride (even though it is pure poison) if my situation starts heading too far south, but I wouldn't recommend that to someone else in good conscience.

It is my gut feeling that diet, nutrition, and supplements cannot stop MPB. Even though I take the supplements, I still take finasteride. I figure that I'll 'attack' this with every angle possible that I can afford. Every time I stop the 5AR blockers my loss gets worse. I am a hell of a lot healthier and knowledgeable for working the nutritional angle now.

Sorry this is mostly about me, but I can relate to the frustration. It does feel like I am delaying the inevitable like you say, and I wonder how long I can put it off. I'm sure that someone will have some advice for you on the natural tip. There are some experimenting with different topicals right now including me, but it is too early for me to weigh in definitively. I would be lying if I said that in my experience there was anything besides dutasteride that actually worked quickly and dramatically. Even then the loss still crawled on. I am hoping for the day that after rubbing X new topical into my temples I will see the emergence of my fuzzy old hairline but I am not expecting it or holding my breath. Stay positive and maybe hit the gym up...work on some other ways to improve for a while. Keep following the new vitamin K2, and papain/bromelian threads to see if you want to go that route. Good luck.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:46 am

Seriously, look into urine therapy, we do need our first a lab rat on this board!

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:54 am

Misirlou wrote:Seriously, look into urine therapy, we do need our first a lab rat on this board!

Isn't cuebreeze doing the urine thing?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:03 am

fritzenburg - Sorry to hear about the turn of events. Two things you might want to consider, a urine test for metals (or you can take gentle chelating substances) and the possibility that your case may take a while to resolve, due to changes that take time-such as calcification and other possible issues.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:11 am

If your gut tells you diet, nutrition, and supplements don't work doesn't that sound hypocritical? You should at least have somewhat of a positive attitude if you are trying to "correct" the problems associated with hair loss.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:36 am

If you are still using Finasteride you should understand that you will get spontaneous sheds throughout your use. They can last for quite a while.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:37 am

Hairbeback wrote:If your gut tells you diet, nutrition, and supplements don't work doesn't that sound hypocritical? You should at least have somewhat of a positive attitude if you are trying to "correct" the problems associated with hair loss.

Haireback,

I didn't mean to imply that those things don't work- of course they do. I have no doubt that they change the physiology of your body in the ways they are intended and known to do- i.e. they inmprove your health, and definitely play large roles in creating an environment conducive to hair growth. I wouldn't be here if I thought otherwise. What I said (am saying) is that on their own they do not stop the progression of AGA in my experience. That is just my own personal experience, and I am not making a universal statement. I hope that clarifies a bit.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:43 am

Decro435 wrote:If you are still using Finasteride you should understand that you will get spontaneous sheds throughout your use. They can last for quite a while.

Good point Decro- Finasteride tends to synchronize the telogen/anogen cycle so that when you shed or grow, it affects the whole head at once.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 am

You post was exactly what I should have said. Thanks! Very Happy
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:15 pm

Drop the finasteride.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Warren Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:09 pm

fritzenburg: I'm in the same boat. I also wonder if the weather has anything to do with this? All of a sudden the shedding got worse along with my hands being super dry.

Warren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down