Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Emu Oil....... EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Emu Oil....... EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Emu Oil....... EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Emu Oil....... EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Emu Oil....... EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Emu Oil....... EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Emu Oil....... EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Emu Oil....... EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Emu Oil....... EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Emu Oil.......

+3
kijumn
edony
Joey
7 posters

Go down

Emu Oil....... Empty Emu Oil.......

Post  Joey Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:46 am

Forgot how great this stuff is. Had a bottle of it lying around from a few years back. My hair does get very dry in the winter here in the UK and makes hair look even worse if you are suffering with loss. Whacked this on and left on overnight and washed with Aubrey Biotin/Ginseng shampoo the following morning and it really does make your hair look and feel much better. Definately going to start using it on a regular basis and rotate it with a Coconut. Jojoba and Neem oil (combined). Have been using T-Gel everyday and Niz 2/3 times a week and although they are meant to help hair loss, they do dry the hair and being winter it does make it much worse.

Joey

Back to top Go down

Emu Oil....... Empty Re: Emu Oil.......

Post  edony Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:42 am

Joey wrote:Forgot how great this stuff is. Had a bottle of it lying around from a few years back.

Doesn't Emu oil get rancid after some time?
How long it's the self life.
I have a 8oz bottle left form a a couple of years back but hesitant to use due to possible rancidity. Does anybody know?

Also mine got solid exactly like coconut due to cold so it won't come out of the bottle,is there any way to liquify it for topical use without exposing it to microwaves ?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Joey Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:51 am

No idea about its rancidity, however i had kept it somewhere cool and dark. Certainly helps perk up dry, lifeless hair. I had the same problem with it solidifying Left it in a room with the heating on and it returned to a liquid. It is very thick and gunky and I find I only really need a little to cover the whole scalp. May way order a new bottle

Joey

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 am

edony,

The brand of emu oil I use to buy recommended to run the bottle under warm water for a bit to help with penetration and for the liquid to be thinner.

And yes, emu oil does go bad after awhile. Not sure how long. The low quality ones may also contain contaminants if I'm not mistaken
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:55 am

Jdp,

can you recommend any reliable emu oil?
Iherb only carries some 2oz bottles rather expensive I'd say . I'm thinking of buying sthing out of ebay ,it's difficult though to know what brand is good.my past experience from ebay emu hasn't been that satisfactory.
Somebody here posted a link for an expensive good emu some time back but can't find it
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:30 am

I personally have tried this emu oil and I'd buy again. http://www.amazon.com/Vanish-Fading-Wrinkle-Refined-Dropper/dp/B000Q4B108/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1261610826&sr=8-13

I've tried another emu oil off of Ebay and I wasn't crazy about it.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  gioc Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:10 am

How does Emu oil compare to Jojoba oil in terms of moisturizing hair and relieving itching scalp? How do you use it ? Does it leave hair with a greasy look ?

gioc

Back to top Go down

Post  KAPTUNKRUNK Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:34 am

ive used emu oil for almost 2 weeks on my hairline and my scalp feels good. it needs to be washed out to avoid that greasy look you are talkin about. if you have scalp inflammation it might help. im usin tha emu essentials right now, so far so good.

KAPTUNKRUNK

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:55 pm

i might try emu oil as well.

i wonder what CS thinks about emu.

but i need to figure out how to balance emu, niz cream, super zix 2.

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Petch Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:49 am

I'm an advocate of emu oil, helped with scalp problems. I get mine from skinbiology.com as it has saw palmetto oil in it, and it's full of vitamin E, Awesome for the inflammation side of hairloss, and if you do use a topical, applying emu oil afterwards helps push it further in to the dermis, increasing absorption.
Petch
Petch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum