Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels.

+2
kijumn
CausticSymmetry
6 posters

Go down

Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. Empty Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels.

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:24 am

Pharmacol Res. 2009 Nov 27.
Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels.

Piao CS, Gao S, Lee GH, Kim DS, Park BH, Chae SW, Chae HJ, Kim SH.

Department of Pharmacology,, Diabetes Research Center, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Korea.

Reactive oxygen species are important mediators that exert a toxic effect during ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury of various organs. Sulforaphane is known to be an indirect antioxidant that acts by inducing Nrf2-dependent phase 2 enzymes. In this study, we investigated whether sulforaphane protects heart against I/R injury. Sprague-Dawley rats received sulforaphane (500mug/kg/day) or vehicle intraperitoneally for 3 days and global ischemia was performed using isolated perfused Langendorff hearts. Hearts were perfused with Krebs-bicarbonate buffer for 20 min pre-ischemic period followed by a 20 min global ischemia and 50 min reperfusion. Treatment with sulforaphane inhibited an increase in the post-ischemic left ventricular end-diastolic pressure (LVEDP) and improved the post-ischemic left ventricular developed pressure (LVDP),+/-dP/dt, and coronary flow as compared with the untreated control hearts. Pretreatment with 5-hydroxydecanoic acid (5-HD), a mitochondrial K(ATP) channel blocker, for 10 min before ischemia attenuated the improvement of LVEDP, LVDP,+/-dP/dt, and coronary flow induced by sulforaphane. Sulforaphane markedly decreased the infarcted size and attenuated the increased lactate dehydrogenase level in effluent during reperfusion. Pretreatment with 5-HD also blocked these protective effects of sulforaphane. Post-ischemia increased the concentration of atrial natriuretic peptide in coronary effluent, which attenuated by sulforaphane treatment. Decreases on Mn-superoxide dismutase (SOD), catalase, and heme oxygenase-1 levels by I/R were increased by sulforaphane treatment and pretreatment of 5-HD blocked the sulforaphane effects. Increases in Bax and caspase-3 levels, and decrease in Bcl-2 level by I/R were attenuated by sulforaphane treatment. These results suggest that the protective effects of sulforaphane against I/R injury may be partly mediated through mitochondrial K(ATP) channels and antioxidant pathway.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. Empty Re: Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels.

Post  kijumn Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:50 pm

Here is a good wiki page on sulforaphane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broccoli_sprouts

When reading the benefits of sulforaphane for example on high blood pressure, just type in the reference numbers which are found at the bottom of each section in google to pull up the full study.

For example typing in Cancer Research, 2006, 66:8293-8296. will pull up the study via google
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels. Empty Re: Sulforaphane protects ischemic injury of hearts through antioxidant pathway and mitochondrial K(ATP) channels.

Post  Gromit137 Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:19 pm

The product for this is 'broccomax'... correct?

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:09 am

Yes, or this one http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Activated-Selenium-200-mcg-60-Capsules/169?at=0

I'm personally trying to grow my own 3 day old broccoli sprouts as the info on it is great for health. There was another person here months ago that also consumed broccoli sprouts instead of buying the supplement for H Pylori. He also consumed another one, rocket, and mentioned his hair did better on it FWIW.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:42 am

Being on that cheap selenext ,the 9mg of sulphoraphane already did wonders for my sinuses.I wouldn t like to quit it as BROCCOMAX in the long run is cost prohibitive.
I often also take some 200μg selenomethionine. Is 400mcg in total of selenium daily too much
I take 12.5 mg of iodine.
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:19 am

Jdp, growing the sprouts is someting id like to as well .. How is it going for you? . what seeds are you using, I saw Now foods has some pretty good looking ones.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:47 am

edony wrote:Being on that cheap selenext ,the 9mg of sulphoraphane already did wonders for my sinuses.I wouldn t like to quit it as BROCCOMAX in the long run is cost prohibitive.
I often also take some 200μg selenomethionine. Is 400mcg in total of selenium daily too much
I take 12.5 mg of iodine.

400 mcg of selenium is A-OK.

I'm probably taking about 500 mcg per day.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:36 am

cpio,

I had a tough time but now that I read into a bit more I believe it will be fairly easy. Here is a good video that tells you how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7xK-MW32A

The secret is probably the container that you grow them in. I checked for the best ones and I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Sprout-Sprouter-Sprouts-Brocolli/dp/B000EJ11X2/ref=pd_sbs_gro_4

But one of the sprout master designs also appears to be a good alternative such as this

http://www.amazon.com/Sprout-Master-Mini-Triple/dp/B000FK52B2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1260811974&sr=8-6

For the seeds, I bought some off of Ebay and also this one
http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Broccoli-Sprouting-Seeds-Sulforaphane/dp/B000N8N6H8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1260811919&sr=8-4
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:48 am

cpio,

BTW, I haven't received my Easy Sprout container yet due to the slow shipping from Christmas. But again, when I receive it, I'm sure it will be a breeze as the youtube video comes from these guys http://www.sproutpeople.com/ and they definitely know what they are doing.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:37 am

That easy sprouter looks nice. May have to pick a couple of those up. I have been wanting to try this because Brocco sprouts in the store are too dang expensive. What's with the premium on broccoli sprouts and seeds?
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:22 am

Day 1 on growing broccoli sprouts after the intial 10 hour long soak and let me warn some of you guys that if you live in a studio or one bedroom apartment who is looking to bring over a hot date, the broccoli sprouts do smell the whole room of sulfur.

So for those living in a small apartment or condo beware of the smell. It's not real bad but something that might put some of you off. I used 3 tablespoons of broccoli sprouts, which is a lot, so next time I'm going to use less due to the smell as previously I only used 1 teaspoon and it wasn't bad at all.

Besides that, the easy sprouter I'm happy with. It's well made and looks like it will be easy to grow broccoli sprouts now.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 am

I thought I'd give an update for anyone looking at growing their own broccoli sprouts.

The powerful sulfur smell that I commented on earlier goes away about 24 hours after the intial soaking of the broccoli sprouts. So that I'm glad about. About 75% of the seeds sprouted. Also, for me, the taste isn't bad ... much better than eating broccoli.

So to sum up my experience they are easy to grow in the Easy Sprout container. Just follow the instructions on the youtube video.

As for any health benefits, I haven't noticed any immediate benefits beyond taking the broccomax supplement. I am also getting older so the DIM in broccoli sprouts should help in that regard as well.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down