Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome)

+3
CausticSymmetry
GoodThings
Amaranthaceae
7 posters

Go down

IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) Empty IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome)

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:54 pm

Can Probiotics 12 help with IBS?

Any other good ways to treat this?

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome) Empty Re: IBS (Irritated Bowel Syndrome)

Post  GoodThings Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:19 am

I would like to know this as well. My mom has IBS (diarrhea; very loose stool?). She tells me she goes to the restroom many times. And whenever she eats she has to use it. I believe i read somewhere that it has to do with stress. Not quite sure however. Any supplements to combat this?

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:03 am

Bifidobacterium is a particulary good type of probiotic for IBS.

Keeping a food diary and ruling out any allergens is a very good idea.

German chamomile (Matricaria) is very helpful for IBS sufferers. It works in a fashion quite different
than most treatments.

IBS is believed to be caused by flora inbalances and there's likely damaged to the intestinal tract that needs repair.

L-Glutamine, several grams per day is a must. Concentrated Aloe Vera and a very good probiotic.

Melatonin taken at night helps reduce some of the IBS severity.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:18 am

While I don't suffer from IBS, I have found that kyodophilus is very beneficial to maintaining regularity and comfort.
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=3957&at=0

I think that protecting microflora in the intestines is paramount. There may be better probiotics out there, but since this one works well for me, I haven't desired to trial any others. Seems like something with just acidophilus wouldn't be effective.
(This may echo much of what IH said.)

Conversely, I am careful to avoid things that compromise the intestine. This usually amounts to a very loose stool, bordering on diarreah. Many of the anti-candida supps can do that, as well as taking certain supps on an empty stomach, such as too much pantothenic acid, etc. I have a bottle of Jarrow reservatrol synergy sitting in my closet because it does this. I think once the microflora is compromised, all effort is wasted.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  EIC Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:51 am

Gibson wrote:While I don't suffer from IBS, I have found that kyodophilus is very beneficial to maintaining regularity and comfort.
http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=3957&at=0

I think that protecting microflora in the intestines is paramount. There may be better probiotics out there, but since this one works well for me, I haven't desired to trial any others. Seems like something with just acidophilus wouldn't be effective.
(This may echo much of what IH said.)

Conversely, I am careful to avoid things that compromise the intestine. This usually amounts to a very loose stool, bordering on diarreah. Many of the anti-candida supps can do that, as well as taking certain supps on an empty stomach, such as too much pantothenic acid, etc. I have a bottle of Jarrow reservatrol synergy sitting in my closet because it does this. I think once the microflora is compromised, all effort is wasted.

True. Resveratrol is known to have imodin in it, which often irritates the intestine. This may be another reason to take it transdermally.

EIC

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:19 am

A couple things to try that have worked for individuals I have worked with as oddly enough my diet has had success on certain levels with them.

The first is a good probiotic, I cannot stress this enough. The second is getting rid of certain foods; dairy, starches, breads, wheat, deep fried foods and minimizing red meat. Increase salads and non sweet fruit. I have found that a lot of fruit initially tends to continue to aggravate the problem, which was odd but understandable. Now some people are sensitive to oils so this needs to be watched out for. Some folks found it easy because they could snack on raw nuts, in others the oil in the nuts aggravated them. The last thing that is very important is to limit coffee to less than two 8 oz cups a day. Most IBS suffers I have spoken with seem to be drinking crazy amounts of coffee. Pop should be eliminated.

To be honest I have only talked to and worked with a handful of people and have been 100% successful, which is why I have worked with so many people. Family and friends tell other family and friends and sometimes it gets to be a bit much. I tell you though, getting that email after a few days and then a week of leading a "normal life" makes all the questions worth it. I figured in regards to health this would be the last thing I would be helping folks with since I have never had it, but with the close relationship to those that I was able to initially help, it sort of snowballed.

If you want to IM me to discuss a little bit less in public that's cool. I will be honest and say I have not found a supplement that makes as much of a difference as a dietary lifestyle change.

Example meal;
Breakfast:
oatmeal
apple (oranges make things worse initially)
whole grain ceral like kashi or grape nuts (cheerios does not count)

Lunch:
Salad

Dinner:
Salad
Veggies
Small amount of fish or chicken

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodThings Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Thanks everyone.
My mom eats mostly rice, veggie, and fish. Sometimes she eats processed vegetables like cucumbers. Right now she doesn't have IBS, but when she does it's terrible. I'll mention the probiotic and thanks everyone.

GoodThings

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:56 am

I would mos def avoid KRILL OIL.

Actually, I just dropped it because I have a sensitive intestine (although it may be the best out there for those whose intestines can deal).

I have confirmed this twice using Jarrows product.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:20 am

Gib--

Still got a bottle or two? I'll buy it off yas. Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:40 am

Hey nid--

Actually, there's nothing really to buy: it was a 60 count bottle, and I went through most of it already.

Off topic--dude, I haven't gone a day without that stratta since i wrote about. I've got a slice in my fridge waiting for me as i write.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down