Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Stress profile and hormones

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stress profile and hormones - Page 2 Empty Re: Stress profile and hormones

Post  lund Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:27 pm

The results make no sense or you are not sure of the chinese words in there?

My understanding is that you need the Free T4, Free T3, the antibodies, and Reverse T3 to determine the thyroid picture. The bound T3 and T4 are not that useful.

blackjack wrote:makes no sense. sorryy

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:31 pm

my doctor uses this panel for me
Free T3
Free T4
Total T3
Total T4
TSH
Reverse T3
thyroid antibodies.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:37 pm

my bad guys! let me rewrite it and post it again Smile

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:45 pm

(Thyroid Function Exam.) Date: 11.26.2009
T3 1.1 ng╱mL Normal range 0.8~2.0
T4 84.1 ng╱mL Normal range 47~114
Free T4 1.17 ng╱dL Normal range 0.7~1.48
TSH 0.8 mIU╱L Normal range 0.2~3.2

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Thanks Lund!
I just started:

Ecklonia Cava, ALA, L-carnitine and Magnesium to help with the cortisol.

I hope the Magnesium will help with dhea-s naturally. My DHEA is in normal range (low side) but my DHEA-S is LOW.

I also experienced a lot of stress for a period of 2-3 months about 3 weeks ago.

I want to start SENSORIL right away for cortisol/stress per CS's information.

I'm also listening to a lot of awesome music now, relaxing in the sunlight, trying to LAUGH a lot and other stuff....

Your thoughts brother? What else can i do for cortisol?

lund wrote:Yep post your Thyroid results - you need Free T4, T3, reverse T3 besides TSH to see what is going on. The FT3 to FT4 ratio should be in the 20's not 8....

What are your basal temps?

If you are high in cortisol and low in DHEA, it is the first stages of AF - hopefully that is obvious. You MUST neuter your cortisol trigger. In some ways DHEA counters cortisol (read up on that) - but you should focus on why you have low DHEA to begin with? feeding it more DHEA is not the full answer (in my opinion), you can feed DHEA, but try to fix the reason behind the deficiency as well....

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:50 pm

see if you can test Free T3, Reverse t3

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:58 am

thanks Blackjack

im going to send my saliva/serum to ZRTlabs.com and get more results. i need to get to the bottom of all this.

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:31 am

the more tests the better.
Ferritin is a good one too, for ZRT use only Cortisol Salvia 24hr. The blood spot is debatable for accuracy. some docs swear by it, some think its a ripp. i dont know.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Hopefully English is not the problem here:

1. You must establish your cortisol pattern. You need to do the 4x saliva test. I do not know of any other way to check this out.

2. Do not fuck with lowering your cortisol until you know the complete picture. Cortisol goes through a diurnal pattern during the day. If you are high, you need to know if you are high all the time, some of the time and at what times? You need high upper range of cortisol in the AM, normal to high in the noon time range, medium normal on the afternoon range, and low normal at the 10PM test. Do not screw with taking things to lower cortisol, until you learn at what time you need to lower it (if at all you need to lower it).

3. Lowering cortisol is part of the answer - not the whole answer. I was taking ashwaghandha all for last year, I recently tested for the 1st time the saliva test and found out that I am severly low in cortisol - bad choice for me to have been taking ashwaghandha. Not saying it is bad for you, it was the wrong sup for me. Another example to learn from - you need to know your levels before taking corrective measures

4. Even if you lower cortisol, why did you have high cortisol to begin with? Is your pituitary hyperactive? do you have more stress? are you not giving your adrenals the rest? are you sleeping right? your thyroids working OK? Lowering cortisol is the temporary first step - you are basically helping to reduce the bad effects of too much cortisol from the system - however, removing it does not fix the problem of why are you overproducing it in the 1st place....there has to be a conjunctive protocol to adress the core issue - and it can be as simple as getting the needed sleep, eating right, avoiding stress, taking the needed rest - or it may be supps to support your hyper system.

I do not know the answers - it appers to me that just reducing cortisol (even if know when to) is not the complete answer - you need to attack the cause of hyper cortisol levels as well...I have the opposite problem - I am low in cortisol, DHEA, T, and thyroids - all subclinical levels. So my research leads me to the opposite side of this complex problem...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Thank you lund!

from the limited results/data i have it seems my pituitary is OVERWORKED and not sure if my adrenals are fatiguing yet but it seems that way.

Makes a lot sense to address the GLANDS rather than lower the hormone Cortisol.

What are adrenal/pituitary supporting foods/nutrition/supplements you recommend?

again, thank you very much!Smile

lund wrote:Hopefully English is not the problem here:

1. You must establish your cortisol pattern. You need to do the 4x saliva test. I do not know of any other way to check this out.

2. Do not fuck with lowering your cortisol until you know the complete picture. Cortisol goes through a diurnal pattern during the day. If you are high, you need to know if you are high all the time, some of the time and at what times? You need high upper range of cortisol in the AM, normal to high in the noon time range, medium normal on the afternoon range, and low normal at the 10PM test. Do not screw with taking things to lower cortisol, until you learn at what time you need to lower it (if at all you need to lower it).

3. Lowering cortisol is part of the answer - not the whole answer. I was taking ashwaghandha all for last year, I recently tested for the 1st time the saliva test and found out that I am severly low in cortisol - bad choice for me to have been taking ashwaghandha. Not saying it is bad for you, it was the wrong sup for me. Another example to learn from - you need to know your levels before taking corrective measures

4. Even if you lower cortisol, why did you have high cortisol to begin with? Is your pituitary hyperactive? do you have more stress? are you not giving your adrenals the rest? are you sleeping right? your thyroids working OK? Lowering cortisol is the temporary first step - you are basically helping to reduce the bad effects of too much cortisol from the system - however, removing it does not fix the problem of why are you overproducing it in the 1st place....there has to be a conjunctive protocol to adress the core issue - and it can be as simple as getting the needed sleep, eating right, avoiding stress, taking the needed rest - or it may be supps to support your hyper system.

I do not know the answers - it appers to me that just reducing cortisol (even if know when to) is not the complete answer - you need to attack the cause of hyper cortisol levels as well...I have the opposite problem - I am low in cortisol, DHEA, T, and thyroids - all subclinical levels. So my research leads me to the opposite side of this complex problem...

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:42 pm

I honestly do not claim to know much at all. I do read these days as I grapple my condition and read as much as I can - most of us are here google scientists (or pretend to be one anyways...), some better than others, of course CS is the extaordinaire....

If you think your source is Hyper-pituitary, then you probably should look into how to calm down your nervous system. As I stated before, my problem is the opposite of yours, I am low in cortisol so I am after the answer as to why my system is not producing (pituitary or the adrenals...)

How do you know you are hyper pituitary? If you have tests to proof so, do you have a tumour in pituitary? why is your pituitary hyperactive? why is your brain telling that it needs to attend the peceived or real threat all the time?

Logically thinking, if you are hyper-pituitary and you do not have a pathological basis for it (tumor,etc) then try some anti anxiety supps - perhaps what CS told you to do. If you issue is unwarranted anxiety w/o the cause, then I would agree an anti-anxiety approach would work. I would not venture with lowering the cortisol directly. Probably try lowering the anxiety first. You would still want to know when to take these supps if the anxiety is ultimately caused by extra cortisol. You MAY NOT HAVE HIGH CORTISOL ALL THE TIME - it may be going up and down durign the day - so you will need to match up taking anti-anxiety regimen when you are out of band for cortisol.

Make sure whatever you take does not interfere with Thyroids / adrenals. If you are hyper pituitary (Big IF) then your adernals are overworked anyays and could be in early stages of AF.....something you should keep in mind. In previous messages you can find hoe to support adrenals....

Good luck...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:05 pm

lund wrote:I honestly do not claim to know much at all. I do read these days as I grapple my condition and read as much as I can - most of us are here google scientists (or pretend to be one anyways...), some better than others, of course CS is the extaordinaire....

If you think your source is Hyper-pituitary, then you probably should look into how to calm down your nervous system. As I stated before, my problem is the opposite of yours, I am low in cortisol so I am after the answer as to why my system is not producing (pituitary or the adrenals...)

How do you know you are hyper pituitary? If you have tests to proof so, do you have a tumour in pituitary? why is your pituitary hyperactive? why is your brain telling that it needs to attend the peceived or real threat all the time?

Logically thinking, if you are hyper-pituitary and you do not have a pathological basis for it (tumor,etc) then try some anti anxiety supps - perhaps what CS told you to do. If you issue is unwarranted anxiety w/o the cause, then I would agree an anti-anxiety approach would work. I would not venture with lowering the cortisol directly. Probably try lowering the anxiety first. You would still want to know when to take these supps if the anxiety is ultimately caused by extra cortisol. You MAY NOT HAVE HIGH CORTISOL ALL THE TIME - it may be going up and down durign the day - so you will need to match up taking anti-anxiety regimen when you are out of band for cortisol.

Make sure whatever you take does not interfere with Thyroids / adrenals. If you are hyper pituitary (Big IF) then your adernals are overworked anyays and could be in early stages of AF.....something you should keep in mind. In previous messages you can find hoe to support adrenals....

Good luck...

Thank you lund. it makes sense. I am going to pursue ZRT Labs for further tests both saliva/serum at 4 intervals per day. As it turns out I am not SUPER happy with my first ever blood work results and diagnosis from this specially clinic here in Taipei Taiwan. It seems like I get more information from you guys and google than a trained Dr. from this facility.

the results of the blood work here show that my pituitary function is OFF THE CHARTS and my cortisol is HIGH.

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2