Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Minoxidil Opinions

+5
nidhogge
Misirlou
Paradox
CausticSymmetry
bobbyv
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

minoxidil - Minoxidil Opinions - Page 2 Empty Re: Minoxidil Opinions

Post  sissi Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:08 am

But what I´m asking is,if increasing blood flow we are improving hair grow???
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:09 am

And minoxidil claims to increase the hair cicle ,also...Isn´t it?
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:13 am

sissi - That's correct. Do note that Minoxidil's success rate is rather low. I believe it's about 25 to 30%.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:14 am

Look what I found:
"Theoretically, long-term oral use of apple cider vinegar can decrease potassium levels"

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/drugs-treatments/apple-cider-vinegar#side_effects

But didn´t you tell the opposite??? Rolling Eyes I´m confused now...
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:16 am

Immorthal ,and did you try to put something with pepper on your hair alien ??It really increase blood flow doesn´t it??
I´ve been thinking about doing it...
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:18 am

Yes ,I know...I had a terrible shed with it and it gave me palpitations No

CausticSymmetry wrote:sissi - That's correct. Do note that Minoxidil's success rate is rather low. I believe it's about 25 to 30%.
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:50 am

sissi - Apple Cider Vinegar is a great source of potassium. How that would decrease potassium levels is beyond me. I would discount it unless you saw some proof. It is a theory someone had proposed. I've never heard that one before.

Capasicin, Capsicum, Cayenne pepper (Red pepper) does increase blood flow to the scalp. This was the very first hair loss treatment I ever tried.

There's no question that it increases blood flow to the scalp when applied topically. There are a few problems with it however. First, there's a very good chance it will run into your eyes which will burn you. If it gets into your nostrils, it will stimulate mucus membranes and cause temporary redness and discomfort.

Capsicum according to research works better as an adjunct than a stand alone treatment. If one were to utilize growth factor agents topically--I think adding capsicum to it would be an excellent idea. It also increases IGF-1 so it would help initiate growth factors.

However, if you have sufficient IGF-1, (a sign of ample human growth hormone) capsicum will probably not offer much of any benefit--except as an adjunct to other topicals.

One odd note, is that studies showing an incubation of capsicum (in situ), which is a Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid-1 (TRPV1) signaling agonist could increase hair loss.

Yet both in both oral and topical formulations, it only shows benefit.

Bottom line is, as a stand alone treatment, it's not worth your time.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Humm,ok.
No,I didn´t see any proof,just that link...Strange Rolling Eyes

CausticSymmetry wrote:sissi - Apple Cider Vinegar is a great source of potassium. How that would decrease potassium levels is beyond me. I would discount it unless you saw some proof. It is a theory someone had proposed. I've never heard that one before.

Capasicin, Capsicum, Cayenne pepper (Red pepper) does increase blood flow to the scalp. This was the very first hair loss treatment I ever tried.

There's no question that it increases blood flow to the scalp when applied topically. There are a few problems with it however. First, there's a very good chance it will run into your eyes which will burn you. If it gets into your nostrils, it will stimulate mucus membranes and cause temporary redness and discomfort.

Capsicum according to research works better as an adjunct than a stand alone treatment. If one were to utilize growth factor agents topically--I think adding capsicum to it would be an excellent idea. It also increases IGF-1 so it would help initiate growth factors.

However, if you have sufficient IGF-1, (a sign of ample human growth hormone) capsicum will probably not offer much of any benefit--except as an adjunct to other topicals.

One odd note, is that studies showing an incubation of capsicum (in situ), which is a Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid-1 (TRPV1) signaling agonist could increase hair loss.

Yet both in both oral and topical formulations, it only shows benefit.

Bottom line is, as a stand alone treatment, it's not worth your time.
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  bobbyv Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:13 pm

So you wouldnt recommend minoxidil IH, and you think Cider Vinegar is a better option? Any other good options for potassium?

Also - I've been reading about Coleus Forskholi as a vasodilator and testosterone booster. Would you think this could be beneficial at all as a hair loss supplement? I dont recall seeing it mentioned anywhere.

bobbyv

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:49 am

Bobby--

I've got 98% Coleus Forskolii, and it's a HELL of a vasodilator. I took a gram and it gave me a huge headache, worst ever, kept me up till 8am. 500mg, same deal. Haven't touched it since, and I paid $230 and had to do some convincing that I was a company purchasing it for 100g.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:36 am

bobbyv - A good source of highly absorbable potassium is right here:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=6117&at=0

Using Magnesium and potassium are good ways to keep everything in check. Apple cider vinegar capsules (I personally can't handle the liquid).

Coleus Forskolii increases cAMP and has a hypotensive effect. It's often used to lower blood pressure as a result. Usually it's available in 10 to 25% standardizations. I've tried it on many occasions. I did not achieve a noticeable vasodilation effect, but what I used was no where near the concentration that nidhogge has tried.

One thing I did notice and I'm sure Nid did too is it gets the metabolism revved. There are some studies in the regard.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 am

Ya it sure does kick the metabolism up! It's a great fat loss burner.

I'm just happy I didn't put myself in the hospital fucking with that stuff, I get a bit too crazy at times. That's what IH is here for though, keeps me in check. Wink

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  sissi Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:04 am

Nidhogge!!Be more carefulll with you!!! Shocked

nidhogge wrote:Bobby--

I've got 98% Coleus Forskolii, and it's a HELL of a vasodilator. I took a gram and it gave me a huge headache, worst ever, kept me up till 8am. 500mg, same deal. Haven't touched it since, and I paid $230 and had to do some convincing that I was a company purchasing it for 100g.
sissi
sissi

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:10 pm

I bump this old topic, I have a question regarding Minoxidil:
Why if Minoxidil primarily action is to increase blood flow by activating potassium channels, can it have (so much) side effects? Are they caused by this increased blood flow or by other chemicals inside the drug?

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:41 pm

bump

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  LawOfThelema Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:48 pm

Every drug's side effects are the rest of some interaction with the tissues in your body. It does not necessarily have to be an interaction through it "designed" effect. Why it works on balding hair isn't fully known but it is known to upregulate vascular endothelial growth factor.

LawOfThelema

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:50 pm

LawOfThelema wrote:Every drug's side effects are the rest of some interaction with the tissues in your body.
But are they caused the increased blood flow or by other chemicals inside the drug?

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Whether it is a drug or even a natural substance, dosage is important.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000883/

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Directo Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:57 pm

I ask this because it seems that magnesium oil could do almost the same. But with magnesium oil, you wouldn't have these side effects, right?
The side effects are not caused by the improved blood flow? They are caused by other chemicals inside the drugs?
That was my question.

Directo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2